Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right

Go down 
+2
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right Empty
PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 11:31 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Good shout on this one Frank, let's hope the 'big big shit'  pans out too.

It was absolutely never in doubt.

It was funny watching people fall over themselves desperately trying to prove I was wrong. And the source was just too good for it not to true. (Just like the Curtis Nelson one, actually.)

There's one or two who still claim I was wrong.

LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right Empty
PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 11:47 pm

You were wrong about Nelson.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 11:58 pm

No I wasn't.

He signed a pre-contract deal to leave at the end of the season before Christmas of that year (I forget the date now). Between then and the season end when the deal was due to be finalised the manager of the club concerned was dismissed and the deal died.

How do I know this?

Mrs Nelson was a teaching assistant at Wembury Primary and school employees have to give at least a term's notice if they intend to leave to allow time for the lengthy recruitment procedure to take place. Mrs Nelson handed in her notice and told everybody at the school that she was leaving because "Curtis has signed a pre-contract agreement and we'll need to leave Plymouth".

And when deal fell through her job was gone and they decided to go anyway ending up in Oxford.

There. That's the full gen.

He definitely did sign a pre-contract agreement - unless Mrs N was lying.

Disbelieve if you like but I'd say straight from the mouth of a player's wife is a pretty solid source.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 12:03 am

Did she mention Championship club? I very much doubt she did.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 12:16 am

I can't remember now exactly how she phrased it. She said whatever I said she said when I posted it whenever it was. She wasn't allowed to name the club and didn't. It was all supposed to be very hush hush because I don't think anybody at Argyle knew at the time but she had to hand her notice in when she did, for the reason already given, at which point Nelson's departure was always going to happen even if it wasn't meant to be a transfer to Oxford at the outset.

What is there about this that is hard to accept?

As I say it's up to you whether you believe me or not. It makes no difference either way.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 9:12 am

Without trawling back and checking but 99% certain, you said "Curtis Nelson has signed a pre contract agreement with a Championship club".  He subsequently joined league one Oxford.....What is there about this that is hard to accept?

As for the guff about teachers having to work a terms notice, thus paving the way for your scoop, not buying that either.  Would Curtis have turned down Barcelona if they had come in for him because of his wifes commitment lol, white noise Frank.

If you were so well informed, who was this 'Championship club'?  and who was the manager that they supposedly sacked causing the mythical pre contract agreement to crumble?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 9:25 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
No I wasn't.

He signed a pre-contract deal to leave at the end of the season before Christmas of that year (I forget the date now). Between then and the season end when the deal was due to be finalised the manager of the club concerned was dismissed and the deal died.

How do I know this?

Mrs Nelson was a teaching assistant at Wembury Primary and school employees have to give at least a term's notice if they intend to leave to allow time for the lengthy recruitment procedure to take place. Mrs Nelson handed in her notice and told everybody at the school that she was leaving because "Curtis has signed a pre-contract agreement and we'll need to leave Plymouth".

And when deal fell through her job was gone and they decided to go anyway ending up in Oxford.

There. That's the full gen.

He definitely did sign a pre-contract agreement - unless Mrs N was lying.

Disbelieve if you like but I'd say straight from the mouth of a player's wife is a pretty solid source.

Careful dear your slips showing and it doesn't have £7.50/hr on it. lol!
"You've got no idea what puts loaves and fishes on my table." Not the brightest spark are you?
And you deffo said Nelson had signed a deal with a CCC club which he hadn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 9:48 am

It was Wolves Appaza.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 am

How can I put this in simple terms?

All of this happened 3 (?) years ago now.

I was once a teacher. Now I am not and have not been for well over 3 years. I still know many people in education from when I was and in the intervening time many of them have changed schools.

Don't believe all you are told by snidey little grasses or half-arsed internet stalkers.

You. Have. No. Idea.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 10:01 am

All he said was Wolves.....Very harsh.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 10:07 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I was once a teacher. Now I am not and have not been for well over 3 years. I still know many people in education from when I was and in the intervening time many of them have changed schools.

Don't believe all you are told by snidey little grasses or half-arsed internet stalkers.

You. Have. No. Idea.

Lol. 3 years ago I "accused you " of being a teacher which you denied, vehemently. And I'm totally correct in saying that you don't earn the minimum wage.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 10:18 am

I was not a teacher 3 years ago. That would have been why I denied it.

What I earn is none of your, or anybody else's, concern and I am not about to supply those details here or anywhere like it.

However the restrictions you apply to me now include being told what I am not allowed to comment on, what I must and then only if I earn minimum wage and all along you misinterpret what I say anyway.

Have you ever read Pastor Niermoller's poem? If not perhaps you should.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 am

Argyle fans of my acquaintance are still on tenterhooks waiting for Ben Chilwell to materialise and add some much needed pace to the defence.

Any updates?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 10:29 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 10:30 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

You. Have. No. Idea.

If she was told by her Headteacher she needed to give a full terms notice, as a TA, her Headteacher speaks with fork tongue.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 10:47 am

No she only needed to give a half term's notice. As is the norm. That's the legal position but the practicalities are very different.

TAs are qualified (the level of qualification dictates how much they are paid) and so the next TA would also have to be qualified; not only would the Leaver have to give a half term of notice but so too will the arrivee who is likely to be in employment elsewhere already. Put them together and it comes to a term.

Factor in in the delay between notice being handed in and the position being advertised and a term is the bare minimum and at the other end factor in the delay for CRB (it is called something else now) check.

The interview process is very quick and an actual decision is likely to be made on the day but the procedures that need to be in place either side are almost endless.

Mrs N was very happy in her position there and the school was very happy with her. She was simply doing the decent, professional thing to ensure as seamless a transition for and to the next person as possible.

This was entirely in character for her and showed her commitment to her job, the school and her the kids she supported.

But... yes. It was well beyond the legal requirement.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 10:51 am

And what of the legal requirement of signing a pre contract agreement with a Championship club, can this just be torn up by a new manager? He supposedly singed with the club not the manager, something isn't right with this story.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 11:04 am

Les Miserable wrote:
And what of the legal requirement of signing a pre contract agreement with a Championship club, can this just be torn up by a new manager?  He supposedly singed with the club not the manager, something isn't right with this story.

That's the difference between a full transfer and a loan back and a pre-contract agreement.

Just imagine you were the new manager coming in: would you want to honour an agreement made by your predecessor but not yet finalised? No. You would want freedom to bring in your own players.

Or if you were the player who had signed at Club X specifically to play for Manger Y and Manager Y is no longer there.

Or if Player X suffered a long term injury in the interregnum.

A pre-contract agreement comes with any conditions attached to it that either party wants to include and 6 months is a long time in football.

There is nothing fishy about this at all.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 11:31 am

Don't mention fish ffs.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

What I earn is none of your, or anybody else's, concern and I am not about to supply those details here or anywhere like it.

However the restrictions you apply to me now include being told what I am not allowed to comment on, what I must and then only if I earn minimum wage and all along you misinterpret what I say anyway.

My bullshit detector is going mental. Restrictions I apply to you? How the fook can I restrict what you say? I find most of what you say hard to believe because at the time I KNEW you were a teacher but you are now claiming that despite actually being a teacher you weren't at that time? As for the minimum wage no you aren't on the minimum wage and my point remains loads of people, like you that earn more than £7.50/hr give a feck about he millions that do. It must make it easier to sleep at night if you believe they are all thick and racist.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 2:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

My bullshit detector is going mental. Restrictions I apply to you? How the fook can I restrict what you say? I find most of what you say hard to believe because at the time I KNEW you were a teacher but you are now claiming that despite actually being a teacher you weren't at that time? As for the minimum wage no you aren't on the minimum wage and my point remains loads of people, like you that earn more than £7.50/hr give a feck about he millions that do. It must make it easier to sleep at night  if you believe they are all thick and racist.

Well this obsession with attacking me personally and the ludicrous attempt to paint anything I say about Brexit as being a personal attack on you is plain bonkers. You're beginning to look obsessed.

I can barely see the Straw Man for the ignorant and erroneous assumptions this time.

Why don't you just stick to the matter at hand?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 4:30 pm

There you go, it's official West Devon parrochial logic
If you earn more than the minimum wage you can't pursue socialist values
If you drive a UK diesel vehicle 500 miles a year, all of a sudden you can't pursue"green" political values and live them  
And so has the wilds of West Devon logic always been ....  in that neck of the woods, socialism and green "pretences" are  hypocritical impossibilities and always have been.
I also add along with others, that Earwig couldn't be more wrong about me personally and my income and wealth over the last 40 years .. 180 degrees wrong, but there you go.... that's the sort of thing I could "hand his arse on a plate" in the now pub and childish vernacular, but I really can't be bothered.  
Earwig represents his area, nothing wrong with that, that's his prerogative, maybe he should allow others the same space without the continual personal angry insults, but there's too much history, too much chip. That's how humans are sometimes
Hilarious to see Rickler involving himself in the "EU debate". It's a slagging match
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 4:44 pm

LMFAO. Where do I even begin with that load of shite? You got your arse handed to you on a plate because you assumed I was a Chelsea Tractor flag waving nationalist. A fan of Trump no less and now I'm typical of West Devon? Wtf is typical about West Devon? About a quarter of us were never born here, loads retire here, loads have second homes here, loads have loads of dosh loads have no dosh at all. There is even an awful lot of poverty in the sticks. The majority vote Cons year after year but there are also a fair number of Labs, Libs and cant be fooked to vote people. In short West Devon is as diverse as Plymouth or anywhere else. Apart from I your world you really need to get out more wanker.
See I even gave you an insult I know you want one.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

My bullshit detector is going mental. Restrictions I apply to you? How the fook can I restrict what you say? I find most of what you say hard to believe because at the time I KNEW you were a teacher but you are now claiming that despite actually being a teacher you weren't at that time? As for the minimum wage no you aren't on the minimum wage and my point remains loads of people, like you that earn more than £7.50/hr give a feck about he millions that do. It must make it easier to sleep at night  if you believe they are all thick and racist.

Well this obsession with attacking me personally and the ludicrous attempt to paint anything I say about Brexit as being a personal attack on you is plain bonkers. You're beginning to look obsessed.

I can barely see the Straw Man for the ignorant and erroneous assumptions this time.

Why don't you just stick to the matter at hand?

Yes sorry. You were told a rumour by a wag that Nelson had signed a contract with a CCC club and he hadn't. It was a rumour and it was wrong. You are the only one that can't accept that as fact. Which it is.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

How about...

I was wrong.

About as wrong as wrong can be.

Just like "Big big shit"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right   The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right Empty

Back to top Go down

The four Brexiteers/ Leaveitears* delete as appropriate Hijack aka always right
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next