Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Welcome Simon Hallett. Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 11:29 am

Can I just take this opportunity to welcome the power change at HP. As a day one objector to James Brent and his methodology can I take this opportunity to welcome Simon Hallett and his wife Jane as majority shareholders of our club.
I welcome the fact that the HHP land has been bought back into the PAFC footprint and hope the designs on this are for the benefit of the club and not the chairman. I'm sure they are as else you would have snaffled them in the Brent fashion.
We start a new era today one that many many Argyle fans have been hoping for for seven years now.
As you have probably realised we football fans are a fickle lot and a lot of us can smell bullshit from a mile off but you will as any chairman will start with a clean page. Beware of the chauffeurs and the divisive elements that lurk around the corridors of Home Park and especially Ian Newell. For too long he has split the fanbase with his vicious trolling and bullying and you'd be well advised to have nothing to do with him.
That said I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Home Park and hope we can get the Grandstand refurbished finally and concentrate on being a football club yet again, its been a long time.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 11:34 am

Seconded.

Hopefully a new dawn, not a false one.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 11:37 am

Looking forward to the new era with a man who is actually able to take the club forwards.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 11:59 am

Looking forward to having a club to be proud of again.
Good luck Simon your gonna need it.
Back to top Go down
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Good luck Simon. I hope you're able to take us forward, and not just offering more of the same.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Welcome from myself Simon. A new dawn awaits with a majority shareholder who has real physical wealth and not the leveraged variety displayed by the current incumbent.
Make our day by scrapping this mankover nonsense and doing the job properly and build a new Grandstand for generations to come
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 12:51 pm

This is where I differ from a lot of you I've always been in favour of a properly done refurb. All those crying out for a new stand would be better off waiting for some totally minted chairman to do it when we are in the CCC and do it properly. The HHP1 scheme would have givenus a new stand but it was always going to be done on the cheap. We know now the real price of that must be north of £20m and what we would have got would have been akin to City's new stand.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Indeed can only welcome a change at the top of PAFC after 7yrs of underinvestment, but can only hope some positive change will come soon, my hope is that the club will be somewhat more transparent in it's communication and business dealings.
So yes I welcome Simon Hallett as the new majority shareholder but as fans we can only judge by actions and intent.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:05 pm

For the first time in ages I am feeling happy for Argyle.

I said the day James Brent took over that he was a Firoz Kassam in disguise, wanting nothing more to asset strip and profit and develop all around the club while ignoring the footballing side. All the time I have been proven correct, to the point where we even have a 3 sided ground effectively just like Oxford United..

I am please he has been relegated from a controlling intterest, and that the land the club originally had has been brought back under control.

Now I can only hope for a grandstand fitting for the club and its future.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Welcome Mr and Mrs Hallett. Thank you for your investment in the club and I for one am really excited about the future for Argo now. James Brent never had the money or means of attracting investment that didn't involve hemming the club in or meaning having an assortment of businesses that dont benifit the club around HP
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:30 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Can I just take this opportunity to welcome the power change at HP. As a day one objector to James Brent and his methodology can I take this opportunity to welcome Simon Hallett and his wife Jane as majority shareholders of our club.
I welcome the fact that the HHP land has been bought back into the PAFC footprint and hope the designs on this are for the benefit of the club and not the chairman. I'm sure they are as else you would have snaffled them in the Brent fashion.
We start a new era today one that many many Argyle fans have been hoping for for seven years now.
As you have probably realised we football fans are a fickle lot and a lot of us can smell bullshit from a mile off but you will as any chairman will start with a clean page. Beware of the chauffeurs and the divisive elements that lurk around the corridors of Home Park and especially Ian Newell. For too long he has split the fanbase with his vicious trolling and bullying and you'd be well advised to have nothing to do with him.
That said I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Home Park and hope we can get the Grandstand refurbished finally and concentrate on being a football club yet again, its been a long time.

Good post.

The icing on this deliciously tasty cake would be for a Grandstand revamp rethink. I don’t for one minute think there’ll be a brand new stand. But the fact PAFC is regaining all ( or some) of the land snaffled by Brent is a massive statement and show of intent by Hallett to put the club first. There are one or two on these Boards who have gone into overdrive to try and paint Brent and Hallett as two cheeks of the same arse. Well I’ve never seen it that way, and these actions seem to be confirming my thoughts.

I’d love to think the refurb could be done to a decent standard with corners finished and a 20,000 capacity. That isn’t asking for the world, and at last there is hope that under Hallett it may happen. What still frustrates is the wasted years we’ve had while Brent’s hapless developing efforts have all come to nothing.

Let’s not waste any more time.

COYG. jocolor

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:35 pm

Just to add, Brent was hopeless in many respects, but a huge amount of abuse he received was purely down to his relationship with JBsoti’s dictator-in Chief.

FFS, don’t make the same mistake, Simon.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:47 pm

I hope one of his first jobs is to get rid of the horrific new badge with the word Argyle inside the crest. Looks feckin horrendous.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Just to add, Brent was hopeless in many respects, but a huge amount of abuse he received was purely down to his relationship with JBsoti’s dictator-in Chief.

FFS, don’t make the same mistake, Simon.

Very true.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Yea Man wrote:
I hope one of his first jobs is to get rid of the horrific new badge with the word Argyle inside the crest. Looks feckin horrendous.

I hope they do get rid asap it looks shite. The thing I noticed was it looks very American in style. Very similar to a route 66 sign. Hopefully Not one of hallets ideas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 2:39 pm

I welcome Simon as owner and David Felwick as Chairman.

We got what we wanted (almost) brent is gone so we must all give Hallett an opportunity to show what his ownership will be like without tarring him with the brent brush.

My biggest hope is that he learns from brent's biggest mistakes and be so public with his support of nool and wife stealer and cuts them a drift. He will have a happuer fanbase for it.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Well he was part of Brent's board, so I fore one already have my suspicions as to the leitmotif of the new Argyle versus the reign of Jim can't build it, finance it, or set an acceptable budget.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Welcome to Mr and Mrs Hallett.

Unlike the backward thinking, insular, parochial PASOTI,Yesterday's announcement is welcomed by almost everyone on this forum.

Good luck for the future.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Welcome to Mr and Mrs Hallett.

Unlike the backward thinking, insular, parochial PASOTI,Yesterday's announcement is welcomed by almost everyone on this forum.

Good luck for the future.

Thumbs Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:07 pm

As Czarks says I think Hallett buying HHP is a huge statement of intent let's hope he doesn't want to install a discount furnishing store on it.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:05 pm

I think you are all just angling for a place in the Directors Box
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Wouldn't it be great if we became his forum of choice? Official club forum has a nice ring to it doesnt it Ian?
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
This is where I differ from a lot of you I've always been in favour of a properly done refurb. All those crying out for a new stand would be better off waiting for some totally minted chairman to do it when we are in the CCC and do it properly. The HHP1 scheme would have givenus a new stand but it was always going to be done on the cheap. We know now the real price of that must be north of £20m and what we would have got would have been akin to City's new stand.

Agree, Ears - I actually think a refurb, done well, is preferable.

The best bit of news today is the reclamation of the HHP land for the club.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:08 pm

I will be fully supportive of the Hallets, and remain hopeful of a better future for the club now the Brentmare is ending.
Adams is going to need major backing in the January window to inject quality into Brents league 2 squad, if relegation is to be avoided.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 7:54 pm

parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Simon Hallett.
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next