+2
Czarcasm
Jethro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe Empty
PostSubject: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Ryan Lowe has spelled out exactly what he expects from his Plymouth Argyle players after their recent run of disappointing results.

The Pilgrims’ boss is ready to make changes to his team for the away League Two game against Crawley Town at Broadfield Stadium on Tuesday night.

He told his Argyle squad: ‘It’s do what I ask you to do or don’t play’ ahead of that midweek trip to West Sussex.

Argyle are in 11th position in the table after winning only one of their last six league games.

Lowe has not spoken to the media since the 1-0 defeat at Port Vale on Saturday, when he was very frustrated at the outcome and his side’s display.

Without going into details, he made it clear then that changes were on the cards.

Lowe said: “I know the qualities we have got but at the moment there are two or three people letting us down and it won’t continue.

“If they keep letting the team down, letting me down, then they will be moved on.

“It’s as simple as that. I can’t simplify it any more. We are not asking them to do anything out of the ordinary.

“Set plays, crosses – just deal with them, stay with your man, don’t lose your man.

“It’s just small details that’s letting us down at the moment, but I’m the manager, I’m responsible for it because I pick the team.

“Trust me, I will make sure we get it right. I will make changes.”

Ryan Lowe has spelled out exactly what he expects from his Plymouth Argyle players after their recent run of disappointing results.

The Pilgrims’ boss is ready to make changes to his team for the away League Two game against Crawley Town at Broadfield Stadium on Tuesday night.

He told his Argyle squad: ‘It’s do what I ask you to do or don’t play’ ahead of that midweek trip to West Sussex.

Argyle are in 11th position in the table after winning only one of their last six league games.

Lowe has not spoken to the media since the 1-0 defeat at Port Vale on Saturday, when he was very frustrated at the outcome and his side’s display.

Without going into details, he made it clear then that changes were on the cards.

Lowe said: “I know the qualities we have got but at the moment there are two or three people letting us down and it won’t continue.

“If they keep letting the team down, letting me down, then they will be moved on.

“It’s as simple as that. I can’t simplify it any more. We are not asking them to do anything out of the ordinary.

“Set plays, crosses – just deal with them, stay with your man, don’t lose your man.

“It’s just small details that’s letting us down at the moment, but I’m the manager, I’m responsible for it because I pick the team.

“Trust me, I will make sure we get it right. I will make changes.”

Lowe said: “Port Vale away and Crawley are are two tough games in the space of so many hours.

“They keep coming thick and fast, and it’s a good thing the next game is coming up.

“There are certain lads in there (the Argyle dressing room) that want to put it right, and there are certain lads in there that will be champing at the bit to get a chance.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 6:20 pm

the players lowe inherited are on very thin ice barr the younglings. I can see him moving a good number of them on in jan and bringing in replacements. im not a fan of that many squad changes at that time of year 3-4 being max but in ths case i think its needed. We got to go up this season no excuses.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 7:10 pm

The biggest question marks hanging over Lowe must relate to his player judgement along with his 'no plan B' strategy.

It shouldn't have passed him by that Wootton Sawyer and Canavan are patently crap. The fact all three weren't made surplus to requirements and at best, on the bench while quality replacement CB's were added, is a definite red flag. 80 goals conceded last year tells its own story.

We are hugely predicable and easy to nullify. Crewe away happened before teams were able to do their homework on us. It's all very well telling players what to do, but if they simply aren't good enough you may as well save your breath.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Life shouldn't be so hard in the 4th Division.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 9:51 pm

We need to play it somewhere else other then down the left, sometimes instead of playing it from the back, just hoof it forward it's division 4 FFS.

I said the same about Adams we need a plan b .

You know like Rocky against Mr T where he didn't work southpaw then unloaded in the final round Southpaw,

Problem is I don't think many of what Adams left him can actually be coached anything different.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 7:38 am

PatDunne wrote:
Life shouldn't be so hard in the 4th Division.
It's an appalling division so it shouldn't take too much to turn this team into one which can at least compete.  But yes we shouldn't be as shit as we are.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 8:06 am

Jethro wrote:
We need to play it somewhere else other then down the left, sometimes instead of playing it from the back, just hoof it forward it's division 4 FFS.

You know like Rocky against Mr T where he didn't work southpaw then unloaded in the final round Southpaw,

Problem is I don't think many of what Adams left him can actually be coached anything different.
excatly jeffers canavan wooton are simply not that skilful & quick enough to play that two touch max & pass out from the back prone to mistakes even more so when teams play the pressing game they panic when in possession
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 9:07 am

Can only assume Ryan sees something different in training with slow coach, Wooton and the Caravan. Whatever it is it doesn't work on a Saturday afternoon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 12:01 pm

we need to remember ryan is still a rookie at management despite his successful season last with Bury. He is still learning the trade and i feel he will eventually understand we cant play so attacking away from home especially as most of the teams in this year will be wise to that thanks to bury's story and work on developing a plan b and a better approach away from home.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 12:03 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:

excatly jeffers canavan wooton are simply not that skilful & quick enough to play that two touch max & pass out from the back prone to mistakes even more so when teams play the pressing game they panic when in possession

in other words they are shit and need to get binned asap. I am sure aimson will come in for one of them very soon.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:

in other words they are shit and need to get binned asap. I am sure aimson will come in for one of them very soon.

But the plan b needs to be worked on aswell, All very well saying yes the trifactor of shit are shit, play x,y,z instead,
but if we are too predictable then theres no point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe   Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe Empty

Back to top Go down

Do what I ask you to do or you don't play: Ryan Lowe
Page 1 of 1