RegGreen
Angry
Jethro
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher Empty
PostSubject: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 7:55 pm

Argyle have made their first signing of the summer, bringing in Accrington Stanley midfielder Matt Butcher on a two-year deal.

The 25-year-old played 36 times last season, scoring four goals for the Lancashire outfit as Accrington finished 12th in Sky Bet League One.

Born in Portsmouth, Matt joined AFC Bournemouth at the age of 13 and spent 10 years at the Cherries.

During his time there, Matt had successful loan spells at Gosport Borough, Poole Town and Woking before having a breakthrough season with Yeovil Town, who were managed by Darren Way at the time.

The midfielder played 42 times for the Glovers, scoring twice in Sky Bet League Two.

A brief loan spell at Scottish Premiership side St Johnstone followed before Matt made the permanent move away from the Vitality Stadium.

After a decade with Bournemouth, Butcher moved north to sign for Accrington where he played alongside Argyle assistant manager Mark Hughes.

In his first season at the Wham Stadium, he played in all but four of Accy’s Sky Bet League One matches, scoring two goals, both in wins, against AFC Wimbledon and Hull City.

He is the first player to be brought into Home Park this summer and will add extra competition to the midfield.

A tall midfielder, who is technically excellent and with an eye for goal, manager Steven Schumacher is pleased to have him in the squad.

He said, “I’m delighted that Matt has joined us at Argyle.

“He is a player we have been watching closely for a couple of years at Accrington Stanley.

“Matt is a very technically gifted footballer who has also got physical attributes that we are needing to strengthen our midfield.

“He is versatile and is able to play different roles in our system. We will be looking for him to add goals to his game and I’m sure he is going to enjoy his time here at Argyle.”

Director of Football, Neil Dewsnip added, “I am really pleased that Matt has become our first signing of the summer.

“He comes from Accrington with a great reputation and is a player that will fit easily into our squad.

“There is no doubt his quality will add extra competition to those midfield areas.”
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 8:11 pm

an eye for goal

his record says otherwise but never the less welcome to the club Butcher. Whether your here to replace Camara or fill the void left by Broom not returning its important you dont suck
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 8:21 pm

Good luck and welcome ..but sounds a bit like a versatile plodder to me …can be used in other positions..hmm!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 8:48 pm

Welcome to the new Pilgrim
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 8:55 pm

Welcome to Home Park Butch!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 9:00 pm

Doesn't sound like a Pan or a Broom to me. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 10:16 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
more like what was left over change from super sighs super sony jumbotron 😁
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 9:07 am

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 10:28 am

Good luck to him, seems a personable sort of bloke and has a solid enough record in league 1-hopefully he can push on from that and add something extra to his and Argyle's game.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 1:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Actually he sounds just like Camara when he signed-knocked about in non league and League 2 a bit but didn't look like anything outstanding:-

Attacking midfielder Camará began his English career in the under-23 setup at Barnsley, but left Oakwell before making a senior appearance for the Tykes, joining non-league Dulwich Hamlet in 2017.

Having impressed during his short stay at Champion Hill, netting four times in 15 appearances, Panutche was snapped up by Crawley Town, making an instant impact by scoring a screamer on debut in the Red Devils’ Carabao Cup defeat to Birmingham City.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 2:04 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Actually he sounds just like Camara when he signed-knocked about in non league and League 2 a bit but didn't look like anything outstanding:-

Attacking midfielder Camará began his English career in the under-23 setup at Barnsley, but left Oakwell before making a senior appearance for the Tykes, joining non-league Dulwich Hamlet in 2017.

Having impressed during his short stay at Champion Hill, netting four times in 15 appearances, Panutche was snapped up by Crawley Town, making an instant impact by scoring a screamer on debut in the Red Devils’ Carabao Cup defeat to Birmingham City.

Not what I meant I was talking about the style of play.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 6:44 pm

You're starting to get boring, Ears.

What do you want a team of 11 identical players?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 8:26 pm

We don't sign anyone, A few kick off, We do sign someone we kick off oh they haven't scored goals, they are a cast off from another team.

The club can't win.

The little old plymuff we're doing our best attitude isn't gonna help, if we want to get to the championship,
Realistic or not as a sustainable club, We have to get behind the club,

Somethings they will get wrong brents grandstand, The big tv for example, the legends wall, potentially losing Camara on a bosman.

But there's a lot we have got right, giving Schumacher a chance, When I thought we should go for experience
Selling 8k worth of season tickets cause 8k want to watch Argyle's way of football every week.

We might not meet the aims that have been set by the chairman etc.

But look how far we have come from the dark days of Brent,
Covid would have killed us off.

Hallett is just the custodian, theres nothing to say the next won't pump the millions in some of you want.

We just have to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 11:16 pm

Grovehill wrote:
You're starting to get boring, Ears.

What do you want a team of 11 identical players?

All I said was that I don't think he is the same sort or style of player as Camara and Broom, I wouldn't even say Camara is the same sort or style of player that Broom is. You don't even know what you are bored about, must try harder, at reading that is.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 1:41 pm

Bored of your fixation with Camara:

Should offer him more money

Does he really want to go?

Losing Camara shows a lack of ambition

New player isn't like Camara.

Argyle cashing in on a player to buy some seats

Really need to let it go. If he leaves, we get a fee, if he stays we have a good L1 player.

Unlike the departure of Mariner or Gosling (should try getting him back from Watford btw) Camara's future will not show where Argyle are going over the next five years
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 4:28 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Bored of your fixation with Camara:

Should offer him more money

Does he really want to go?

Losing Camara shows a lack of ambition

New player isn't like Camara.

Argyle cashing in on a player to buy some seats

Really need to let it go. If he leaves, we get a fee, if he stays we have a good L1 player.

Unlike the departure of Mariner or Gosling (should try getting him back from Watford btw) Camara's future will not show where Argyle are going over the next five years

You are so full of shit it's pouring out of your ears now. Personally I would rather SI spent another million or two on the playing squad rather than telly, car park and seats and that's what I said, I haven't got an obsession like you had with Lowey not living in Plymouth and as an old Argyle fan I know that spending on the squad is very unfashionable always has been always will be. As for comparing players that's all it was Camara doesn't play like Broom, both attacking midfielders but Camara has that real defensive ability and a tackle like a centre back, Broom doesn't do that as well, as for the new guy I don't think his style his similar to either of them, I didn't say it was a bad thing you just rushed in with both of your size fours assuming that is what I was saying. I used to stick up for you with your opinions of Lowe, not that I agreed at all but I reckon anyone should be able post their opinions on a football forum it's what it's for you thick twat.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 5:40 pm

Off topic, but the bugbear I have with the screen isn’t the fact we’re getting one. It’s where it’s going. If ever a disused corner was crying out for something like that, it’s Bobby’s garden.

On the financial side of it, the sponsorship and advertising it’ll be showing pays for the actual screen, in time. After that, it generates revenue to put to stuff like the First team, so not really a big issue for me. Sticking it in the ZooCorner is bonkers though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 6:17 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Off topic, but the bugbear I have with the screen isn’t the fact we’re getting one. It’s where it’s going. If ever a disused corner was crying out for something like that, it’s Bobby’s garden.

On the financial side of it, the sponsorship and advertising it’ll be showing pays for the actual screen, in time. After that, it generates revenue to put to stuff like the First team, so not really a big issue for me. Sticking it in the ZooCorner is bonkers though.

I sit in 15 so it will be hard if not impossible to see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher   Incoming number 1  Matt Butcher Empty

Back to top Go down

Incoming number 1 Matt Butcher
Page 1 of 1