The Cornflake
Earwegoagain
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 3:39 pm

Not being much of a FB user I managed to miss these protests today although I will keep my eye on them and will deffo join the next one. The government are taking the piss yet again by giving tax exemption to the rich and cashing in on the ludicrous price of fuel, the more of us that join in the less disruption there will be in the long run, this isn't going away despite the efforts of the Police to stop us protesting about anything, massive double standards in decrying everything that Putin does whilst making us into a totalitarian police state, they should hang their heads in shame.
Back to top Go down
The Cornflake

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 5:22 pm

Protest !! You won't even send Hallett & his mighty minions an email.
Did you ask Hardie any in depth questions as you drove for miles for a second hand pushchair?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 5:59 pm

The Cornflake wrote:
Protest !!  You won't even send Hallett & his mighty minions an email.
Did you ask Hardie any in depth questions as you drove for miles for a second hand pushchair?

Don't worry everybody knows you are a twat no need to keep proving it. Why do you pretend to be the Dickler all the time anyway?
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 11:17 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
The Cornflake wrote:

Don't worry everybody knows you are a twat no need to keep proving it. Why do you pretend to be the Dickler all the time anyway?

Somewhat amusing seeing you throw your toys out of the pram again. Calm down for the 2nd time
Many clearly dont appreciate that the high cost of fuel in the UK is being partly driven (only partly) by the fact that Sterling is around $1.19 and as Crude is priced in USD we are getting somewhat further pain added sadly
Elsewhere I had to twice point out to others that Sterling/Dollar was around $1.85 on average back in 2008 when they try to draw comparisons

In short Earwegoagain because of exchanges rates its costing us substantional more for that same barrel of crude
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 12:53 pm

Savageandstrand wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
The Cornflake wrote:

Somewhat amusing seeing you throw your toys out of the pram again. Calm down for the 2nd time
Many clearly dont appreciate that the high cost of fuel in the UK is being partly driven (only partly) by the fact that Sterling is around $1.19 and as Crude is priced in USD we are getting somewhat further pain added sadly
Elsewhere I had to twice point out to others that Sterling/Dollar was around $1.85 on average back in 2008 when they try to draw comparisons

In short Earwegoagain because of exchanges rates its costing us substantional more for that same barrel of crude

Ok Corny that gives it a tiny bit of relevance although the refineries are shafting us with the price of crude dropping significantly yet yesterday the price at the nearest garage to me for diesel was £199.9. also whatever we pay 47% goes to HMRC and I am pretty sure that that does not include the price of the VAT that also goes to HMRC either. HMRC is taking roughly half of the fuel price at the pumps which at £1.50 is 75p whilst at £2 is £1. Still with me? HMRC is taking an extra 25% because of the high prices. They have plenty of wiggle room to help out with the living costs right now. As for the worth of sterling that is not something that will be fixed quickly and making us all bankrupt won't help but as you live in the states I guess none of this applies to you anyway?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 3:30 pm

Price of crude has dropped by ten percent in the last month and twenty percent plus in the last three months. Diesel at the pumps has dropped by five percent. We should set fire to some petrol stations or vote for Starmer, lol.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 4:20 pm

The price of energy is completely confected to inflate corporate profits.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 8:49 am

I predict a riot. Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii predict a riot. Rock
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 9:01 am

I will use this thread for the gas and electric prices as well in the hope that there will be protests, although the Queens funeral has nipped all that in the bud.
I read this morning that a think tank has said that the poor will get about £2000 worth of help this year whilst the rich will get £4700. The government and the treasury are baffled about how to help the poor apparently, maybe we should sack the fecking lot of them because it really isn't difficult.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 5:33 pm

Thinking about investing in a 5 gallon drum of Castrol GTX, in case I need it to pour over any of these swampy oil protesters sat in the road.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 6:18 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Thinking about investing in a 5 gallon drum of Castrol GTX, in case I need it to pour over any of these swampy oil protesters sat in the road.

some soap and water would be just as good they could do with a good wash.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 7:56 pm

At least they are trying to change something and something does need to change. Diesel at Yelverton was 193/l and down Kingsbridge it was 196/l whilst gas and electric bills are going to reach £5k/pa on average by next April. Go Swampy. I think trouble with extinction rebellion is they are hitting the wrong targets but you arent allowed to protest where you would like to, at the G7 in St Ives you had to go to the official sites in Truro and Exeter lol. I think the next best target is go slow on the motorways and slow the business down, sure it will hurt working people but Jezza Hunt and co are going to feck us up the arse for the next ten years plus if we don't unite and do something. I dont have a mortgage and Im near retirement but Ive got children and now grandchildren Im doing it for them not me btw
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyFri Dec 23, 2022 10:43 am

Still getting rinsed at the pumps despite the wholesale price of fuel falling to the same levels as twelve months ago, some supermarkets are loading diesel prices by up to 20p/litre.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyFri Dec 23, 2022 12:06 pm

Savageandstrand wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
The Cornflake wrote:

At the start of WW2....the pound was worth roughly.....4 Dollars.......but yankee interest rates on our huge war debt....made them richer and us poorer.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 5:11 pm

Rishi will sort it lol, he is an expert at filling a car with fuel.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 5:21 pm

Now the supermarkets have mainly put sll the independent garages out of business they can now inflate the price of fuel as much they like, I've heard they are charging up to 15p more than they should for diesel. Trouble is people are still whining about losing a referendum in 2016 rather than shooting at valid targets, we are fecked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel protests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel protests   Fuel protests Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel protests
Page 1 of 1