Czarcasm
Flat_Track_Bully
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Couldn't find another thread on this, so......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Goalkeepers - Joe Hart, Robert Green, John Ruddy.
Defenders - Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, John Terry.
Midfielders - Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young.
Strikers - Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck.

Standby - Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge.

Looks pretty weak really, especially upfront given that Rooney is going to be missing for the first two games, Carroll has had a poor season, and Defoe hasn't played much. Not sure who else you could bring in. Crouch maybe?

Apart from the Rio vs Terry controversy, not sure who else Hodgson could use. Lennon instead of Downing? Carrick instead of Parker?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:52 pm

We'd better hope Hart doesn't get injured. And yeah, given Rooneys two match ban, that is the weakest front line squad I can ever remember, going in to a major tournament.

No Rio, that was always gonna happen with Terry a definite, but Micah Richards omitted - bit of a surprise that one.

And who the f*ck is Jack Butland? scratch
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm glad you asked that scratch

Do you think we'll (the redtops) manage to keep the expectations at the current low levels right up to the start of the tournament. If we could it may just be an enjoyable experience.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Well I would have thought that everyone would have known that Butland is Cheltenham's Goalkeeper (according to Wiki Rolling Eyes )! He's on loan from Brum, but he hasn't played a first team game for them. Bit of a slap in the face for Paul Robinson, Scott Carson et al, although the standby keeper has got to be the most moribund position in the squad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Well I would have thought that everyone would have known that Butland is Cheltenham's Goalkeeper (according to Wiki Rolling Eyes )! He's on loan from Brum, but he hasn't played a first team game for them. Bit of a slap in the face for Paul Robinson, Scott Carson et al, although the standby keeper has got to be the most moribund position in the squad.

I nominate "Moribund" as 'word of the day'. study
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:20 pm

There's some really great posters on this site...I hope they can stick with it.

Greenjock rates a special mention for the humour quotient, but there are loads of others who are equally worthy of praise.
Back to top Go down

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
There's some really great posters on this site...I hope they can stick with it.

Greenjock rates a special mention for the humour quotient, but there are loads of others who are equally worthy of praise.

I'll have you know I'm deadly bleddy serious about everything I post you cheeky git.

What that has to do with the England squad is beyond me but FWIW I think Hodgson did the right thing by leaving Ferdinand out. Even Fergie doubted that he could play 3 group games that close together, but he may have been being selfish and wanting him to have a rest for the summer.

I would've taken Micah Richards and picked another striker for sure. Rooney's out for the first 2 games and Andy Carroll has improved in the last few games but he's hardly going to make the might of European football quake in their boots, which leaves Defoe and Welbeck. Defoe isn't even a regular for Spurs these days and Welbeck is 21 and promising, but I'm fairly sure I could score 12 goals a season playing for Man United.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Andy Carroll. What is he thinking?

Peter Crouch is the better bet for that position, in my view. Great scoring record for England.

Anyway, no expectation on the England squad for a change. So there shouldn't be an outpouring of national grief when we lose in the quarter finals.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:47 pm

We get as far as the quarters, amazing.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:48 pm

As there are no "expectations" this time, I hope for a pleasant suprise or two.

Maybe we can do a Greece or Denmark!

Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:52 pm

It's about time we had a new English hero. There hasn't really been one since Owen scored that fantastic goal against Argentina (and possibly Becks v Greece). I really hope Andy Carol get's his chance to prove us all wrong and the fella does seem to be on a bit of roll at the moment. I'm not holding my breath mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
As there are no "expectations" this time, I hope for a pleasant suprise or two.

Maybe we can do a Greece or Denmark!

Who knows?

What, go bankrupt ?
Don't worry Moist, we'll be in the sights of the money ghouls soon enough once they feel it's our turn, and our richest have found a safe haven to store their money away from the losses everyone else will experience ... it takes time but it will happen.... we've got the biggest problem of all of them.

Oh ! ..... sorry, you're talking about footie .... I do beg your pardon. Laughing

I quite like the idea of Andy Carroll, and he stuck out like a sore thumb down here ...he's a handful and could just come good now he's had a fairly poor season at his club. But I don't want to do just a Denmark or Greece, that's just a novelty thing like some dog dancer on a TV show... what's the point of that ? I want English football to be respected, not given the lucky rosette of the year in some sort of freak show.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:25 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Peter Crouch is the better bet for that position, in my view. Great scoring record for England.Anyway, no expectation on the England squad for a change. So there shouldn't be an outpouring of national grief when we lose in the quarter finals.

I'm with you there PP.

Carroll has the turning circle of an oil tanker, and I'd fancy my 12 year old to beat him in a sprint. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:38 pm

There's no one world class who we've left out. Carrick, Crouch and Richards should feel unlucky but they're not going to set the world on fire and there isn't a discernable difference in their abilities and those who've gone ahead of them.

This is our year.

Roar.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Basically it is the same fookin squad we took to Sarf without a single midfielder that regularly makes a telling pass, without Rooney there isn't one player in there that has scored goals regularly last season, 'cept for Defoe and he won't be starting, in short we shall be utter pants.

Now if that doesn't happen and we actually play like a team, get a few results, then get knocked out in a close game by one of the better sides in the tourny, will the fookwits that gave Crapello that contract be sacked ?

Rob Green and Cruddy ?

Johnson over Richards ?

Four from the Scouse with Henderson the back up to Parker who won't be fit so maybe five from a team that has been cock all season ?

Dull squad selected from the dullest bunch of available players in some time, we have no world class players, don't anybody start up with Shrek, he scores goals in the Prem because the Prem is crap, feck me Defoe scores goals in the Prem, Grant Holt scores goals in the Prem, personally I would have taken Holt or Lambert and left one of them dull as feck midfielders at home but then I am not a one eyed dork with a peach inspediment.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Basically it is the same fookin squad we took to Sarf without a single midfielder that regularly makes a telling pass, without Rooney there isn't one player in there that has scored goals regularly last season, 'cept for Defoe and he won't be starting, in short we shall be utter pants.

Now if that doesn't happen and we actually play like a team, get a few results, then get knocked out in a close game by one of the better sides in the tourny, will the fookwits that gave Crapello that contract be sacked ?

Rob Green and Cruddy ?

Johnson over Richards ?

Four from the Scouse with Henderson the back up to Parker who won't be fit so maybe five from a team that has been cock all season ?

Dull squad selected from the dullest bunch of available players in some time, we have no world class players, don't anybody start up with Shrek, he scores goals in the Prem because the Prem is crap, feck me Defoe scores goals in the Prem, Grant Holt scores goals in the Prem, personally I would have taken Holt or Lambert and left one of them dull as feck midfielders at home but then I am not a one eyed dork with a peach inspediment.

Other than that, are you happy with the squad?
Back to top Go down
swampy

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Peter Crouch is the better bet for that position, in my view. Great scoring record for England.Anyway, no expectation on the England squad for a change. So there shouldn't be an outpouring of national grief when we lose in the quarter finals.

I'm with you there PP.

Carroll has the turning circle of an oil tanker, and I'd fancy my 12 year old to beat him in a sprint. Sad
As Terry made Carroll look like Messi when he turned him inside out to score in the Cup final perhaps we should also be concerned about our defence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Euro 2012 Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro 2012 Squad   Euro 2012 Squad Empty

Back to top Go down

Euro 2012 Squad
Page 1 of 1