Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr President

SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund. Empty
PostSubject: SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund.   SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund. EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi All

After talks with the GTs, a block in the Lyndhurst will be given to FV 1886 for the United legends game. The Flag will be displayed at the bottom of the Block then anyone wanting to join the FV lads and lasses will be able to do so in unreserved seating above the flag.

We will be confirming the block number today.

Yesterday the first FV1886 committee meeting was held and the enthusiam, ideas and drive of this group is going to see some great merchandise produced, more displays and a wall of noise from the Devonport next season. There will be more on this in the coming weeks.

The purpose of this post however is to say that in order to produce merchandise, banners, displays etc we are going to have to put together a small pot of funds. In the long run with the sale of FV items I am sure that the group will more than pay for itself but this is about getting things off the ground.

At yesterdays meeting we discussed ways of helping FV whilst also boosting the staff fund.

We have come up with the idea of a SPONSORED NON-STOP 90 MINUTES CHANTING CHALLENGE. Anything that we raise from this sponsorship will be split 50/50 between FV1886 and the GTs staff fund.

You can either donate via pasoti or directly to the group on the day!

Join FV on the day, join the 90 minutes non-stop chanting and donate whatever you can.

Lets get this off the ground........if only for the brilliant display we have planned for the visit for our friends from up the A38

Chris

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund.   SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund. EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:00 pm

If the money raised were to be donated to the Trust, I suspect you'd have got a slightly more enthusiastic response on here.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund.   SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund. EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
If the money raised were to be donated to the Trust, I suspect you'd have got a slightly more enthusiastic response on here.

Andy, if ever asked by the Trust Board to raise money I would do everything possible to encourage FV to assist and I am sure given the proactive nature of those involved it wouldn't be a problem.

With a current bank balance of nil though we are just trying to raise a few pennies to get some merchandise stock and a materials for displays etc. I have a very special item that we'll auction in a few weeks that should give a significant boost then we will be well away!

I have had a couple of PMs from ATD with fans saying they will drop cash off on the. That and any donations are gratefully received.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund.   SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund. EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:00 pm

If we're struggling next season and not pushing for the play-offs you won't get a wall of noise.

The only thing that will gurantee a good atmosphere next season is a decent team playing attractive football and winning games.

Another season stuck in League Two playing crap football and the crowds and atmosphere will fall.

I'll be giving my donation to the club to strenghten the team in way of a membership, new shirt and merchandise from the club shop.

So as the dragon's say, i'm out. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund.   SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund. EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Any chance of buying any players to improve our dog shit 'team'?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund.   SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund. EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Freathy wrote:
Any chance of buying any players to improve our dog shit 'team'?

That made me choke on my beer lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund.   SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund. EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Mr President wrote:
Hi All

After talks with the GTs, a block in the Lyndhurst will be given to FV 1886 for the United legends game. The Flag will be displayed at the bottom of the Block then anyone wanting to join the FV lads and lasses will be able to do so in unreserved seating above the flag.

We will be confirming the block number today.

Yesterday the first FV1886 committee meeting was held and the enthusiam, ideas and drive of this group is going to see some great merchandise produced, more displays and a wall of noise from the Devonport next season. There will be more on this in the coming weeks.

The purpose of this post however is to say that in order to produce merchandise, banners, displays etc we are going to have to put together a small pot of funds. In the long run with the sale of FV items I am sure that the group will more than pay for itself but this is about getting things off the ground.

At yesterdays meeting we discussed ways of helping FV whilst also boosting the staff fund.

We have come up with the idea of a SPONSORED NON-STOP 90 MINUTES CHANTING CHALLENGE. Anything that we raise from this sponsorship will be split 50/50 between FV1886 and the GTs staff fund.

You can either donate via pasoti or directly to the group on the day!

Join FV on the day, join the 90 minutes non-stop chanting and donate whatever you can.

Lets get this off the ground........if only for the brilliant display we have planned for the visit for our friends from up the A38

Chris

The mother of all LOL[b]......to quote a famous Blackadder film,,"tell me General, have you ever visited the planet earth?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund.   SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund. Empty

Back to top Go down

SPONSORSHIP THIS WEEK - FV1886 / Staff Fund.
Page 1 of 1