mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. Empty
PostSubject: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:00 pm

Ok, I advised her to use vinegar like any amateur chemistry expert would, be she insisted that spending thrice the amount on descaler would result in superior results.

One week later my tea still tastes of descaler.

Apart from smirking and giving it the old 'told you so you shlaaaaaag', is there anything I can do to improve my situation? As an 'amateur' chemistry expert, my thoughts are to add more limescale to the kettle...is that possible/stupid?

ta.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:07 pm

A new teapot?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:10 pm

It's the kettle you silly dinlow.

The teapot still tastes of rum, mind, from when we were making cocktails t'other day. We don't use it often enough to really notice though, I'm a teabag in the mug man, dya know whatt ah min?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:14 pm

Kim and Aggie swear by lemon juice. Personally I pour away the descaler instead of making a fresh brew with it, but each to their own.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 pm

She's playing the Sims on Wii an the disc is scratching a treat.

God life is shit.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:27 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
It's the kettle you silly dinlow.

The teapot still tastes of rum, mind, from when we were making cocktails t'other day. We don't use it often enough to really notice though, I'm a teabag in the mug man, dya know whatt ah min?

I always put the tea bag in a cup. Best set of course!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:33 am

I woulf fill the kettle, boil empty and repeat 5 times. If the taste is still there then yes I would use a bit of an alkaline solution possibly add a bit of bicarbonate of soda or if you're really struggling use something for upset stomachs like andrews. With the akaline solutions I would just allow to soak overnight rather than boiling.

They don't call me chemical ali for nothing sunny
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:44 am

£1.50 solution....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:52 am

Dya really think I wanna replace me 1.7L Russell Hobbs Illuminating Fast Boil Glass Kettle....for that piecer shyte!?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:01 am

At that price you could buy dozens and throw them away weekly!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:04 am

How about buying one, then dismantling the inner mechanism (it is also a 1.7l) and reassembling the tesco value mechanism inside your Russell?

I'm sure the parts would bend a bit, it they're not a perfect fit ?

Hey presto, a non-foul-tasting cuppa, with the asthetics of a Russell.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:14 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Dya really think I wanna replace me 1.7L Russell Hobbs Illuminating Fast Boil Glass Kettle....for that piecer shyte!?!

You have already condemed yourself by putting a bag in a mug. A Gentleman has Earl Grey lovingly made in a silver teapot.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:40 am

two spoons of bicarb in 1.7l water. boil. rinse. boil and drink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:45 am

It's not the kettle that needs replacing - it's the wife.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:10 pm

thats what i meant!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 1:12 pm

It's probably too late for a reply now, but we use a Tesco water filter which needs replacing once every four weeks. Now it won't help you current descaling issue but going forward it will save you a lot of hassle and your tea will taste much better anyway....
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 1:18 pm

Chingers wrote:
It's probably too late for a reply now, but we use a Tesco water filter which needs replacing once every four weeks. Now it won't help you current descaling issue but going forward it will save you a lot of hassle and your tea will taste much better anyway....

This. The water around here comes out looking like the old chalky white dog shit that has now disappeared from our green fields and pavements. Without a water filter you have to wring it out to get any liquid.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Just live in Plymouth and be scale free. Don't live in these northern cesspits with their hard water and poisonous smog!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:50 pm

You're showing your age now, my old grand dad would have shot it with the 12 bore, worked every time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Ok, I advised her to use vinegar like any amateur chemistry expert would, be she insisted that spending thrice the amount on descaler would result in superior results.

One week later my tea still tastes of descaler.

Apart from smirking and giving it the old 'told you so you shlaaaaaag', is there anything I can do to improve my situation? As an 'amateur' chemistry expert, my thoughts are to add more limescale to the kettle...is that possible/stupid?

ta.

Have you tried hitting her?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:21 pm

When my mother-in-law visits she always marvels at our shiny scale free kettle interior. It serves the old bag right for coming from Portsmouth.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:40 pm

My mum was born in Portsmouth. Around the corner from Charles Dickens but some years later.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 pm

I was born in portsmouth. Thats what happens when the old man is RN. affraid

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:53 pm

We looked round Rudyard Kipling's old gaffe as a potential home before settling for our current flat...

It was cheaper.

king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Grand-dad was a telegrapher (ist?) in the navy. A petty officer. He became an MP and spent some time in Milford Haven eventually was a Dockyard Policeman in Guz before he retired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.   Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kettle Descaler Help Asap plz.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: