Chemical Ali
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:23 am

According to Chris Errington it will feature-

Quote :
Tomorrow's Herald has an interview with James Brent, plus stories on Jamie Lowry and the Plymouth Argyle Supporters Board. #pafc

Rupert has said on pasoti that the interview with JB will cover the 10 redundancies. I wonder if JB will state "I think Fletcher is a very talented individual" again?
Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:38 am

It will probably be another weak interview where none of the real questions will be asked as the media down here are so gutless its not even funny.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:18 am

yer tiz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 am

Wow...

There is a life time of work for the AFT and the PASB in that statement alone!
Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:45 am

Quote :
"A number of League Two clubs run on a largely volunteer basis.

"We don't aspire to that because we are keen to move back up the divisions, but what we have isn't right either.

That's not strictly true is it. We've had cleaners, season ticket packers and some elderly people paint the Far Post Club.

Quote :
"We are running behind budget in terms of revenues but I have funded that."

And that won't last as Mr Brent has always stated that the club should be self sufficient.

This thread will run and run however, fair play for James Brent coming out and stating a lot of things that the internet fans have been asking for some months.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:18 am

why can't the non-investing hotel builder see that winning matches will bring the crowds back? He's sticking by a useless 'manager' who keeps losing us matches and maintaining an overbloated 'team' of crap. Replace clueless with someone competent at L2 level to start winning games and to save money thin out those numerous players who are not even BS League standard.

BRENT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:40 am

What a crock of crap.
Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 am

I've got a copy of the Herald here with me. The whole interview is about 'off the field' matters. No comments (or questions, to be fair) about the quality of some of the displays this season; our league position; Fletcher's position. in fact most of the real, footballing issues were studiously avoided.
Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:56 am

You mean the yet activities and objective of the business Andy?
Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:57 am

Up to now the silence from HP has been deafening, I do hope that Brent has his eye on the ball, the main worry from me is that the football is a sideline to the development, always has been. Actions speak louder than words, time is running out, I don't think any of us expected automatic promotion this season however the fare on offer has not been good enough. I think anybody could have coped with Fletch wielding the axe in the summer, that didn't happen but then the staff get the chop. I think anybody could have coped with that if necessary but the main message is Mr. Brent, talk to us, let us know what is happening, we can't be all in this together if you don't tell us what is going on.
Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:21 pm

"Championship football" - Two simple words without any substance what-so-ever and designed to provide hope where there isn't any!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Iggy wrote:
Up to now the silence from HP has been deafening, I do hope that Brent has his eye on the ball, the main worry from me is that the football is a sideline to the development, always has been. Actions speak louder than words, time is running out, I don't think any of us expected automatic promotion this season however the fare on offer has not been good enough. I think anybody could have coped with Fletch wielding the axe in the summer, that didn't happen but then the staff get the chop. I think anybody could have coped with that if necessary but the main message is Mr. Brent, talk to us, let us know what is happening, we can't be all in this together if you don't tell us what is going on.

'We' can , if we bleed green and have the owner's ear. pig jocolor

Brent must think all Argyle people are dimwitted and can be controlled by his jamboys.
Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:40 pm

If things continue the way they are we will never reach the championship let alone stay in league two.

Bring in a manager who can produce the goods on a consistent basis and bring in someone who can run the football club well and finally ditch those two clowns who abuse their positions on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:01 pm

the herald has as much clout as a wet sponge.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:11 pm

No challenge in the report to challenge the figure of 250 employees of the club. No questioning of redundancy payouts, enhanced? continuous service recognised? full payment of outstanding wages? No questioning about whether jobs are being made redundant or as muted a chance to clear out dead wood or those who don't get on with the management and superfan structure.

Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Dougie wrote:
No challenge in the report to challenge the figure of 250 employees of the club. No questioning of redundancy payouts, enhanced? continuous service recognised? full payment of outstanding wages? No questioning about whether jobs are being made redundant or as muted a chance to clear out dead wood or those who don't get on with the management and superfan structure.

It's a total waste of time interview, used by Brent as a PR exercise which has been allowed by the so-called journalist who was supposed to be interviewing him.

I wonder if those questions were asked and Brent refused to answer, or if the reporter was so starstruck by James Brent that he just let him dictate the content and direction of the interview?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:40 pm

"We are running behind budget in terms of revenue, but I've funded that"

Makes it sound like he's doing everyone a favour. He owns the club, who the f**k else does he think's going to fund it?

Then he talks about being happy that they (ie he's) gone down the "legal" route with the redundancy situation. Again, what the f**k was he going to do? Go down the "illegal" route.

The way he makes out that everythng he does at Home Park is akin to an act of charity in helping out the poor football folk of Plymouth, really gets my back up.

He bought the club because he could see a profit in the real estate. Why doesn't he spare us this "I'm doing everyone a favour" crap.

If he doesn't want to own a football club, why doesn't he sell it and get lost?

Because he can still see a profit, that's why.
Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Grovehill wrote:
"We are running behind budget in terms of revenue, but I've funded that"

Makes it sound like he's doing everyone a favour. He owns the club, who the f**k else does he think's going to fund it?

Then he talks about being happy that they (ie he's) gone down the "legal" route with the redundancy situation. Again, what the f**k was he going to do? Go down the "illegal" route.

The way he makes out that everythng he does at Home Park is akin to an act of charity in helping out the poor football folk of Plymouth, really gets my back up.

He bought the club because he could see a profit in the real estate. Why doesn't he spare us this "I'm doing everyone a favour" crap.

If he doesn't want to own a football club, why doesn't he sell it and get lost?

Because he can still see a profit, that's why.

I think the philanthropic comment on ESPN has gone to his head Very Happy A proper good samaritan, even if his wallet is shut tight.
Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Brent must think all Argyle people are dimwitted and can be controlled by his jamboys.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:01 pm

If things continue the way they are we will never reach the championship let alone stay in league two.

:arrow: REALITY AS AT 13-11-12
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:15 pm

hairy j wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Iggy wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Most obviously are Wink
Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:16 pm

akagreengull wrote:

:arrow: REALITY AS AT 13-11-12

And the Oscar for most sarcastic jannar on ATD goes too,,,,

akagreengull

#speech #speech
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:41 am

cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tuesday's 'Erald Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuesday's 'Erald   Tuesday's 'Erald Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuesday's 'Erald
Page 1 of 1