Elias
Ken Adams
Flat_Track_Bully
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Another step closer to the drop Empty
PostSubject: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:19 pm

We're off the bottom, but if anything we are more likely to get relegated now. That was our chance to close in on the out-of-form teams above us and we've blown it. Torquay, who've looked like plummeting recently, got a morale boosting point at D&R despite being down to 10 men for pretty much the entire game.

Our four remaining home games are against 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th respectively. Can't seem to win away from home. Getting very hard to see where the wins are going to come from to get us out of this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

We're off the bottom, but if anything we are more likely to get relegated now. That was our chance to close in on the out-of-form teams above us and we've blown it. Torquay, who've looked like plummeting recently, got a morale boosting point at D&R despite being down to 10 men for pretty much the entire game.

Our four remaining home games are against 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th respectively. Can't seem to win away from home. Getting very hard to see where the wins are going to come from to get us out of this.
Dont torment yourself flat track its over, brent is making history.
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Shezza seems to think its a good point. Feel we have missed opportunity tonight withthe dross around us dropping points too. Always been strangely confident we would escape but for the first time i now actually think we will go down. Sad times. Hope your happy you fuckwits that have destroyed our club.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:35 pm

isnt the president out of the country at the seasons climax?

Last edited by Lord Aviva on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Comparing this seasons results with last results against the same teams we are 9 points worse off. You know where we finished last season - we are doomed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Chadwick and Harvey both managed to miss from 2 yards out in the last seconds of stoppage time...cursed.
Fleetwood on Saturday who have just tonked Accrington 3-0 away, the writing is well and truly on the wall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Where were Bristol Rovers when they appointed Ward? Pretty close to us I think?

We let him slip through our grasp, be a feckin office boy for Fletcher, and they're now sat comfortable on 48 points with 8 games left!

Well done Brent, Jones, Webb and Newell cheers An exceptional individual alright lol!
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:38 pm

If this is the match report thread, I'll throw in my two-penneth worth. We look like a relegated team in that we dont look remotely likely to score and look decidely dodgy at the back.

Tonight, Banton was our only threat as the roaming forward. Reid put in some sort of shift, but I dont think he had a shot. Chadwick coming on as a throw of the dice is simply embaressing. The lad from bristol got, imho, a bit of stick for not being a rampaging winger. Branston could have been sent off at the end of the first half. He got booked, but it was a shocker of a tackle and nobody could have justifiably complained. It should have been a penalty when Blanchard brought down the winger, Reid I think. Again we couldn't have complained. Reid (bradford one) subsequently got stick from the Lyndhurst even when clearly pulled back by Blanchard, who was awful, which would have been Blanchard's second yellow card. Alan Connell came on for Bradford late on. Thank feck for that as he looked like testing Cole every time the ball came near him. A proper centre forward.

All in all, were it not for our position, this would be a decent point in a game we looked more likely to lose than win. As it is, its just another step closer to NON LEAGUE! Anyway, a couple of pints later and I care pretty much as little as I did at the game and that is the biggest indictment of how bad things have got in the Argyle universe.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:10 am

sheridan must be just thinking a point here & there will do, beat york and rochdale then everything will ok.

not quite.

york & torquay both picked up a point today which may 'lift' them.
failure to win saturday & it looks to be all over.
obviously plenty to play for still but we got some wins..............fast
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:53 am

Given the run in, lack of momentum and ratio of home games to away games failure to win Saturday would mean that we are all but down I'm afraid. Too many teams would have broken the 40 point barrier. Lose or draw on Saturday and we would need at least 10 points, probably 12, from 8 games. 5 of those are away and 3 at home to teams in the play offs.
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:55 am

A point a game is not enough, we needed a striker as its quite obvious that Reid and Chadwick do not know that you are supposed to kick the ball into the net between the posts......until we start scoring goals we will not progress and relegation again looks a probability not a possibility. Since returning from work in Thailand in 2008 I have seen only relegation form, so is it my fault...... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:56 am

Thai green wrote:
A point a game is not enough, we needed a striker as its quite obvious that Reid and Chadwick do not know that you are supposed to kick the ball into the net between the posts......until we start scoring goals we will not progress and relegation again looks a probability not a possibility. Since returning from work in Thailand in 2008 I have seen only relegation form, so is it my fault...... Embarassed

Oh no it's not ! It's my fault. I'm not a proper fan. I don't go to games and I want them to lose !
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:53 am

Corneysteve, you can be our home just backer (Dougie has the away title), for a report that succinictly paints the picture for me. I completely recognise the feelings accompanying the text too. So many people just don't actually care any more. Shame on all the feckers who've done this to us.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:14 pm

The whole game had the smell of relegation about it last night, the small crowd albeit a cold night, the complete flatness in atmosphere, the inabilty of the players to motivate themselves into playing at a fast tempo, given the gravity of the situation.
I listened to the radio Devon commentary while watching the game, and there was constant reference to how flat and quiet the crowd was. we LOOKED LIKE A RELEGATION TEAM I am sorry to say in a game that was winnable.
I left 5mins after Chadwick came on, it had nil nil all over it. I felt disappointed by Sheridan's tatics and game plan last night, bringinging on Chadwick over Harvey - that was enough. I am like many others becoming desensitised to the idea we will be non league next season.
No proper coaches, lack of training facilities, poor squad - cheers Brent for 'investing' in the team we are where we are. It does'nt look good!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:28 pm

akagreengull wrote:
The whole game had the smell of relegation about it last night, the small crowd albeit a cold night, the complete flatness in atmosphere, the inabilty of the players to motivate themselves into playing at a fast tempo, given the gravity of the situation.
I listened to the radio Devon commentary while watching the game, and there was constant reference to how flat and quiet the crowd was. we LOOKED LIKE A RELEGATION TEAM I am sorry to say in a game that was winnable.
I left 5mins after Chadwick came on, it had nil nil all over it. I felt disappointed by Sheridan's tatics and game plan last night, bringinging on Chadwick over Harvey - that was enough. I am like many others becoming desensitised to the idea we will be non league next season.
No proper coaches, lack of training facilities, poor squad - cheers Brent for 'investing' in the team we are where we are. It does'nt look good!
cheers

He wouldn't have had to 'invest' any more than he has[adding to the club's debt of course], if he hadn't listened to the likes of his jamboys and kept a hopeless manager on, who wasted what money there was. Somebody with a name and contacts would have had us where Northampton are now.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:43 pm

akagreengull wrote:
cheers

shome mishtake shurely - crowd was bangingly loud

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Just read that blog - absolute complete bollocks, there was a spell in the second half for about 5-10 mins when drummer boy was leading the chant of "green and white barmy army" I know cause I was banging my seat to it. As I said the radio Devon commentary was consistently saying throughout the whole game how quiet and flat the crowd was, and I sat in block 2. Never ceases to amaze me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another step closer to the drop   Another step closer to the drop Empty

Back to top Go down

Another step closer to the drop
Page 1 of 1