Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two Roads in the Park

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Two Roads in the Park Empty
PostSubject: Two Roads in the Park   Two Roads in the Park EmptySun 19 May 2013, 11:36

With the intended slipping out of the match day traffic arrangements by those that are in favour of anything Brent proposes, how come none of us have seen the actuality of this match day proposal.
The truth is, this "match day access" stuff means for all intents and purposes there will be TWO ROADS into Brent's development, not one. We've all seen the new cobbled no kerb roads springing up all over the country similar to those in the West end of the City Centre.
TWO ROADS ? surely that can't be allowed to stand. HGVs and the many service vehicles using one road 24/7, cars using another 24/7. I'm speechless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two Roads in the Park   Two Roads in the Park EmptySun 19 May 2013, 11:46

Which is why i believe the current road going into the carpark now should be kept and modified over building a new one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two Roads in the Park   Two Roads in the Park EmptySun 19 May 2013, 14:14

Indeed Mayfair. In fact there has been a road and then vehicular access going right up past the Mayflower turnstiles and right up to the back of the grandstand for years. So why isn't the "underground" car park being accessed from the main park and ride car park It makes 100 % sense and access for that route is almost already in use fr the whole length. That would have the advantage of doing away with the cold, dark and windswept alleyway that he has in mind behind the grandstand, and is probably far cheaper and easier to get through a full council meeting.
Methinks James "Two Roads" Brent is trying it on, because it has been said there will be service vehicle access there anyway. The road around the outside of the Lyndhurst and Barn Park is the reason many many fans don't like the plans for the way that road hems in the club, and park users don't like it for the way it disturbs another huge portion of the park needlessly.
Why would Brent do this ? One guess sadly is he must just want his grand "carriageway" like all big landowners before him, to show off His fine parkland when arriving at Brent Towers. Or, perhaps he thinks he won't be able to sell the new retail units for such a good price if there are vehicles going by, but then he appears to have no problem with the myriad of service vehicles that will use that access. So it is to be the private businesses of the school, hotel, Odeon and retail units who are to benefit from his planned access, while it's the club, it's fans, and park users who lose out.
Charming, I must say. I don't see much of a green vision in there from the "philanthropic" Mr Brent. I still shudder when I hear that TV commentator saying that. Just where do these media boys get their prompts ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two Roads in the Park   Two Roads in the Park EmptySun 19 May 2013, 14:19

So this road could be the issue that ruins this whole HHP bollocks for good?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two Roads in the Park   Two Roads in the Park EmptySun 19 May 2013, 17:23

I caught a taxi with 2 Exeter fans from the station to the ground for the derby game and I had never been on the route the guy took before - he dropped us at the side of the leisure centre (not carpark) with a short walk to the ground, is this the other route people are talking about?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Two Roads in the Park   Two Roads in the Park EmptySun 19 May 2013, 18:03

Bandwagon wrote:
I caught a taxi with 2 Exeter fans from the station to the ground for the derby game and I had never been on the route the guy took before - he dropped us at the side of the leisure centre (not carpark) with a short walk to the ground, is this the other route
people are talking about?

If you went pass the entrance of the Life Centre then yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two Roads in the Park   Two Roads in the Park EmptySun 19 May 2013, 18:20

Tgwu wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
I caught a taxi with 2 Exeter fans from the station to the ground for the derby game and I had never been on the route the guy took before - he dropped us at the side of the leisure centre (not carpark) with a short walk to the ground, is this the other route
people are talking about?

If you went pass the entrance of the Life Centre then yes

I think so Tgwu - had a few sherberts on the train down so head was a tad cloudy!! Very Happy As I remember the driver turned off Outland Road just before the Ivors van and went through the old swimming pool car park - we always get a taxi from station but normally got dropped off outside Demport end!! You guys live there, I'm sure you know best - one thing I would sat is that route would need widening bigtime, very narrow!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two Roads in the Park   Two Roads in the Park EmptySun 19 May 2013, 18:29

Well, that's one temporary route that is being used, and looks as if it is intended to be the "second road" access, and mimics the old road that took people to the swimming pool, mayflower centre and Argyle car park where you could buy your match tickets.

I was also talking about the road that runs right around the bowl of the park and ride at the council depot and Home Park service Station and straight up to the Mayflower entrance.
With all these vehicular options having been used for years and years, you have to ask why Brent suddenly wants to route traffic around the Lyndhurst and Barn park as well. That's the point. Why bust another road through the park when already used routes are more park friendly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Roads in the Park   Two Roads in the Park Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Roads in the Park
Page 1 of 1