The Cost of Football

Go down 
+2
Tringreen
swampy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

The Cost of Football Empty
PostSubject: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:43 pm

The wife is out so I've had a lovely glass or two of shiraz watching the road to Villa Park. I noticed that the QF tickets at home to Derby were £3. If you calculate inflation on top of that the cost of that ticket today would be £8.

Beggars belief how football gets away with it.

Edited to add nearly 35,000 people (and guess what all were safe) there that day although I do remember a couple of people mentioning what a drag it was to have to have to trek up to Home Park after the morning cinema matinee. If only we had a picture house near the ground... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
The wife is out so I've had a lovely glass or two of shiraz watching the road to Villa Park. I noticed that the QF tickets at home to Derby were £3. If you calculate inflation on top of that the cost of that ticket today would be £8.

Edited to add nearly 35,000 people (and guess what all were safe) there that day although I do remember a couple of people mentioning what a drag it was to have to have to trek up to Home Park after the morning cinema matinee. If only we had a picture house near the ground... Very Happy

Whats yer tipple at footy mate - not sure I'll last to long on that shiraz!! Criminal those prices mind!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Why dont we get a beer emoticons? Pisspot has 'em!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Pokesdown wrote:

Dont remind Nool that 35k turned up to watch, apparently for him 17k stadium is fine
Wanker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:17 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

Whats yer tipple at footy mate - not sure I'll last to long on that shiraz!! Criminal those prices mind!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Geddon Bandy. Wife away so red wine at play. Normal train travel pre match lubcricant is Mr Scrumpy and his son Jack Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:19 pm

I bet all those 35,000 were itching to go ice-skating afterwards too. I know I triple salkoed and toe-looped all the way back to Truro that evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:24 pm

Smaller is better according to those gutless Toads on Pasoti
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

Geddon Bandy. Wife away so red wine at play. Normal train travel pre match lubcricant is Mr Scrumpy and his son Jack Smile

Getting into the Coronas with all this hot weather - keep running out of limes!! Hahahhahaha
Normally real ale but who knows on the day!!
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:09 am

Pokesdown wrote:

When I started going in 66/67 season it was 2 shillings or 10p as an under 16 to stand on the Lyndhurst and I'm pretty sure the adult price was 4 shillings or 20p. I don't know what that would equate to today. I spent 2 bob to get in, 3d on a programme, about 1 and 6d return on the bus from Liskeard and a bovril and pasty all in for 5 bob or 25p. When Argyle were away it was sit down fish and chips, vimto and an ice cream in the local chippy all for 10p.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:40 am

I remember when you could get a three course meal, a seat in one of the best grounds in the land, a taxi home and a bottle of champagne to celebrate Argyle winning again - all for nothing AND you'd still get change!

I first went when there was a turnstile in between the Demport & The Lyndy and I think you could pay 6d to transfer between the two.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:21 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Smaller is better according to those gutless Toads on Pasoti

I think it's more a case of tiny minds....................... the reluctant bidder knew exactly what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:50 am

knecht wrote:
I remember when you could get a three course meal, a seat in one of the best grounds in the land, a taxi home and a bottle of champagne to celebrate Argyle winning again - all for nothing AND you'd still get change!

Sounds like you disguised yourself as a woman and went on a date!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:41 am

Rickler wrote:
knecht wrote:

lol! lol! lol! 

When I first started going to Argyle it was £1.50 to get in as a child and 75p on the train from Truro as a child. Add in a programme, pasty and a couple of drinks and I reckon it cost me just over £3. Then I would usually buy something from the club shop after the game jocolor 

A year or two later and I could still get on the train and into the ground at half-price but was having a couple of beers in Trader Jacks with someone older actually buying the beers. Good times Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:01 am

Rickler wrote:
knecht wrote:

Was it you? Oh what a night it was.....Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:09 am

£20 to watch 4th division football is a disgrace. even a club like rochdale charges that!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:17 am

We hand over £20 because football fans are idiots (myself included). Rationally 4th division football isn't worth that. When you take into account even charging that doesn't make it a profitable business is even more idiotic. When most of that ticket price goes directly to the mildly talented players you are reaching moronic.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:24 am

aint that the truth study 
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Two thoughts on this topic.

You can tell what God thinks of money by looking at the people he gives it too

&

Now there's more money in football it attracts the wrong sort of people (both those playing it, like Bhasera and those running it like JB)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Elias wrote:
£20 to watch 4th division football is a disgrace. even a club like rochdale charges that!  

Is that the same Rochdale that finished 12th with 61pts......obviously better value than we were last season....what a disgrace
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:13 pm

indeed.

£20 a head club with 2k gates - reasonable loss 100k ish maybe
£20 a head club with 6k gates - 500k/750k loss affraid 

duogie got it nailed on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cost of Football   The Cost of Football Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cost of Football
Page 1 of 1