AuthorMessage

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Step forward Peter, it's your time!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:38 pm

He's been quite quiet of late (on pasoti). Maybe he has been waiting in the wings?

Would he want a football type administrator role (as I thought he was previously vice chairman with repsonsibility for marketing) also?
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:41 pm

Michael Dunford for me please
Back to top Go down
mandela

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Peter Jones wouldn't be interested in being Argyle's chief executive- he's an entrepreur. The post of chief executive is as an "employee" in charge of all the admin etc. IF Peter Jones got involved it could only be as an investor and a member of the board.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:06 pm

mandela wrote:
Peter Jones wouldn't be interested in being Argyle's chief executive- he's an entrepreur. The post of chief executive is as an "employee" in charge of all the admin etc. IF Peter Jones got involved it could only be as an investor and a member of the board.

Absolutely agree.

The thing that would prevent Jones from becoming Chairman is that he would be working under Brent. I get the impression that he doesn't want to work under anybody. As CEO? Not in a month of Sundays! As a director? Maybe. I'm not sure about chairman either, although I'd be happy to see him take it on, because when he was on the board before they decided that the Chairman had to be locally based which led naturally to Stapleton. Let's not forget it was Jones who put that board together and he would have led it himself if he both wanted to and could have.

Perhaps more important than who gets appointed is the establishment of a managerial structure for the appointees to be appointed to.

Have we got one of those yet?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Good points fellas.

I guess that would leave it as Durford. I can't say I'm his biggest fan but from what I gather he has what it takes. He comes over as a bit ruthless, maybe that's what is needed?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Maybe it's not such good news?

Perhaps gazing into his crystal ball even the Riddler sees no future for Argyle -and hence himself - under Brent?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:52 pm

More like he was never going to have complete control to do as he pleased and would always be either following instructions or be closely monitored.

Which is completely different to what he was hoping to get for his £1.

Why the downer on Brent?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:16 pm

I would be very surprised if Peter wasn't the new Chairman.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Peter Jones would unite the fanbase as surely as Peter Ridsdale was dividing it.
A trusted pair of hands is wanted, and needed. He's the obvious choice, and I can't really see how he could turn it down.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:24 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I would be very surprised if Peter wasn't the new Chairman.

I think Newell said exactly the same thing last week, didn't he?

So... Just waiting for official confirmation then?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Actually, thinking about it... He probably said "on the new board".
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:48 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Michael Dunford for me please

I would like to see both back.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:25 pm

That wouldn't be a bad dream ticket really, and it would keep everyone happy.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:43 pm

I don't really understand the fawning over Dunford and am not sure what the appeal is. Weren't some of the big contracts his doing?

Besides we should be looking forward not back.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm no fan of Dunford. He's got a bit of the Cowdrey about him. Quite arrogant, and is a big advocate of the Ridsdale school of thought .. i.e. those that follow football will pay whatever is asked of them.. Price doesn't enter his supply and demand curve ..... one of the main reasons for the massive drop in our attendances in the CCC.
Jones, despite his London thing, yes, but Dunford would be a huge step backward. But then Brent is desperate and off piste, he'll take any journeyman with a CV, he just wants it farmed out.... literally.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:55 pm

What we need now, more than ever, is a Director of Football type person to oversee Fletchers managerial apprenticeship - if Brent is still insistent on Fletch staying.

As it stands, no one at the club in a senior position now, has a f**king clue about how to run the football side of things.

Jones could never replace Ridsdale, in a 'like for like' position. Besides, if we are to have a new actual 'Chairman', surely it would be imperative that they are Plymouth based and have the time and commitment to turn us around. The main (official) reason PJ gave for walking out on Argyle last time, was that he didn't have the time needed to commit himself to the club. Of course he could have just told the truth, that he was unhappy with the fact that Stapleton Gill etc. were a bunch of greedy c***s, who were looking to cream as much as they could out of the club, but anyway...

I can see a directors position for Jones as a near certainty - with the Riddler up the road. But the Boardroom needs to be bolstered with one or two that have real footballing knowledge and a contact book that can open the door for new recruits, come January.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
What we need now, more than ever, is a Director of Football type person to oversee Fletchers managerial apprenticeship - if Brent is still insistent on Fletch staying.

As it stands, no one at the club in a senior position now, has a f**king clue about how to run the football side of things.

Jones could never replace Ridsdale, in a 'like for like' position. Besides, if we are to have a new actual 'Chairman', surely it would be imperative that they are Plymouth based and have the time and commitment to turn us around. The main (official) reason PJ gave for walking out on Argyle last time, was that he didn't have the time needed to commit himself to the club. Of course he could have just told the truth, that he was unhappy with the fact that Stapleton Gill etc. were a bunch of greedy c***s, who were looking to cream as much as they could out of the club, but anyway...

I can see a directors position for Jones as a near certainty - with the Riddler up the road. But the Boardroom needs to be bolstered with one or two that have real footballing knowledge and a contact book that can open the door for new recruits, come January.

i agree we need experience asap for fletcher and experience for brent ASAP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

Peter Jones
Page 1 of 1