hairy j
SwimWithTheTide
Czarcasm
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:07 pm

3-0 after 17 mins. Oxlade-Chamberlain handles on the line yet the ref sends off Kieran Gibbs instead. Funny as feck.

Andre Mariner. What a twat. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:10 pm

And we think league two refs are bad... Jeez  lol that was funny as
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:25 pm

I've turned it off and let the kids take over the living room. Over. Sending off the wrong player will be Arsene's defence.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:27 pm

While the wankers who run football and the pundits who love to criticise officials, refuse to use available technology, this sort of human error is bound to happen.
Back to top Go down

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:42 pm

And if you take out human error the game becomes less interesting.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:40 pm

To be fair, every black player on our team isReid and every white player is Hourihane - that's according to sensible who can't see past his wine gums when we're sat in row T.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:47 pm

knecht wrote:

Really ?

Getting more decisions correct. Punishing cheats/ divers/ penalty area wrestlers. Not making match changing decisions incorrectly and for it to be shown on the big screens.
The crowds would love it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:18 pm

The techie stuff has not done egg chasing any harm.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Well that's 18p that useless French twat lost me what a cnut
Back to top Go down

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Jethro wrote:
Well that's 18p that useless French twat lost me what a cnut

: Apologies to other posters on this thread:

Jethro - please reply to your PM from me. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 4:28 pm

knecht wrote:

scratch 
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:17 pm

The refs mistake did not alter my enjoyment of the game one little bit.
Back to top Go down

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:27 pm

I fully excpect goal-line technology to come in eventually. Unsure about that.

But to use cameras to decide free-kicks, fouls, penalties etc would take out the unpredictability in games that makes them exciting. It would inevitably lead to stop-start games as the alleged 'evidence' is considered. It may expose divers & con-artists but that's for after the game is finished. Even then, video evidence is frequently inconclusive. The arguments then would move to the interpretation of pictures. That's fine up to a point but it's a remove from the on-the-pitch action. The logical extension is to eventually have games played on computers. Hairy may be delighted with that but most people wouldn't be.

Me? I'm far more interested in what people do than what machines do. How players & managers cope with the trials & tribulations of 'wrong' decisions is part of what the whole package is about.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:06 pm

The game was spoilt by having far too many English players involved, I have got that right? Is there a world Cup this year?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 5:19 am

knecht wrote:
I fully excpect goal-line technology to come in eventually. Unsure about that.

But to use cameras to decide free-kicks, fouls, penalties etc would take out the unpredictability in games that makes them exciting. It would inevitably lead to stop-start games as the alleged 'evidence' is considered. It may expose divers & con-artists but that's for after the game is finished. Even then, video evidence is frequently inconclusive. The arguments then would move to the interpretation of pictures. That's fine up to a point but it's a remove from the on-the-pitch action. The logical extension is to eventually have games played on computers. Hairy may be delighted with that but most people wouldn't be.

Me? I'm far more interested in what people do than what machines do. How players & managers cope with the trials & tribulations of 'wrong' decisions is part of what the whole package is about.

I know where you're coming from re 'stop/start' games but importantly, the referee would have the opportunity, particularly on crucial goal scoring/ red carding decisions, to get it right.................................. and the video ref facility is rarely unconclusive.
I'm sick of players/coachesand particularly commentators and pundits going on and on about inept officials. They're not inept, they're human................and they need help as they do in rugby, cricket, tennis etc etc etc
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 8:43 am

The hindsight of play-back makes us all experts.....Referees have none of that...split second decisions required and without being in a perfect position like one of numerous cameras would be for our expert analysis.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:30 am

Czarcasm wrote:
3-0 after 17 mins. Oxlade-Chamberlain handles on the line yet the ref sends off Kieran Gibbs instead. Funny as feck.

Andre Mariner. What a twat. Laughing 

I don't suppose there is any possible chance he'll justify his mistake with the old "well they all look the same to me".
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:50 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Feck right orf!

Fecking wank stain of an Aussie TMO robbed us in 2007 and now the refs wont take a frigging decision without wasting time getting some twat in a suit to confirm. Just today the anomaly was thrown up where a Leicester player dropped the ball over the line yet the twat ref gave the try and didn't consult, the fecking TMOs get it wrong far too often, the refs and the linos are part of the game, just fecking get on with it.

Oh, and Marriner has always been a tw@.

Me, I'm actually warming to the new Mooreenio plus seeing Wenger's face took the edge off having to see Chelski do so well.
Back to top Go down

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:54 am

It's a good idea in principle but can you imagine Boothroyd and Watford down here that match when we had all the fuss and the fight? That match would still be going on now, there are enough time wasting wankers in football anyway, the only time that it should be bought in to stop us getting sent home from the world cup early when the Argies and all the officials conspire against us. That really hurts, we are lucky to get to the quarters anyway, why don't they target Brazil and Chermany for once?
Back to top Go down

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:37 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Feck right orf!

Fecking wank stain of an Aussie TMO robbed us in 2007 and now the refs wont take a frigging decision without wasting time getting some twat in a suit to confirm. Just today the anomaly was thrown up where a Leicester player dropped the ball over the line yet the twat ref gave the try and didn't consult, the fecking TMOs get it wrong far too often, the refs and the linos are part of the game, just fecking get on with it.

Oh, and Marriner has always been a tw@.

Me, I'm actually warming to the new Mooreenio plus seeing Wenger's face took the edge off having to see Chelski do so well.

Gosh! You blighter! For maybe the first time you and I actually agree. Lorks, that's a bit of a turn-up for the books. Crikey.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:53 pm

knecht wrote:

Gosh! You blighter! For maybe the first time you and I actually agree. Lorks, that's a bit of a turn-up for the books. Crikey.

Nah, just the first time you have been able to summon up the courage to admit it in public, now go and have a nice hot shower.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 4:50 pm

knecht wrote:

Dinosaur springs to mind here!
Back to top Go down

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 5:34 pm

All the Presidents Men wrote:
knecht wrote:

Dinosaur springs to mind here!

Diplodocus?

Do you mean that you want to take out human error?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chelsea v Arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea v Arsenal   Chelsea v Arsenal Empty

Back to top Go down

Chelsea v Arsenal
Page 1 of 1