Brief Moan.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:20 pm

Straight back home, how the feck can you go to the pub and enjoy yourself after witnessing that shite ?

In fairness we didn't deserve to be 1 down at half time imo, we had a beautiful goal disallowed for either a push or offside but I personally didn't see anything wrong with it, sods law 5-10 mins later we go to sleep from a short corner, they pass it across our area and one of their players slots home a soft sidefooted goal. still we dominated the rest of the half but our final ball or players failing to gamble when crosses were thrown into the box led to a frustrating but not too shabby 1st half performance, Purrington did OK and so did the new lad Lee but nobody stood out really. 2nd half was a slow start, we stepped it up a bit and started to push forward but inevitably were left a bit exposed at the back a few times and might have conceded another. Harvey came on at halftime for Cox but did very little imo to prove Sheridan wrong for not picking him of late, on about the hour mark Thomas came on for Blizzard but likewise failed to impress but in fairness to him the whole 2nd half performance was abysmal,and got worse as the half progressed, the confidence seemed to drain from the players, there was virtually no movement off the ball or urgency shown and we just ran out of ideas, tactically poor for which Sheridan has to take a lot of the blame although with a number of changes to the team and a threadbare squad containing just 4 subs(WTF is happening there?) I do have some sympathy for him, although that is slowly starting to fade as our season looks like petering out before we even reach the nitty gritty stage.

At this precise moment I feel like saying bollocks to the rest of the season and giving it a miss. My days of blindly following and attending the majority of home games has I feel come to and end while this pisspoor excuse for a chairman and weak board of directors continues to show little or no ambition to get us out of this basement division. Enough is efeckingnough, they certainly can't blame the supporters for not backing the team this season and with nearly 9k there again today and 11k+ against Oxford the other week I feel we've done our bit so far this season with average attendances around the 8k mark, extremely good considering where we are and the crap we've been fed on for untold seasons. I'm thoroughly disillusioned with it at the moment, WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING ??????

Sheridan, while working on a shite budget, nonethless needs to buck up sharpish or do one.

Sack the impotant board.

BRENT OUT.

AstiSpumante, Spitting feathers, Stonehouse.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Good post asti, when the crowds drop to six thousand or lower, serial twats like nool and x throbber will blame "apathetic janners" not the useless Brent. The fans have been fantastic in my view, shelling out their hard earned money and getting fvck all back!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:50 pm

The fans have been fantastic turning up in their thousands. The people running the club should be ashamed, only 15 players available Razz If it wasn't so sad it would be comical. Mid table mediocrity beckons, I don't think we'll get relegated Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 8:35 pm

no other entertainment in plymouth it seems, if only we had a cinema laugh
Back to top Go down

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 9:13 pm

Elias wrote:

I know what you're alluding to, Elias, but, there's plenty of other things going on in the muff. I've had a great day. I had a very adventurous early morning walking the dog, watching car's veer into walls etc early this morning. Went off into town and got some new ink done after a few lubbly jubbly Stellas in the Kings Arms down by the bus station. Taxi back home for a few beers in my local over ere in Cornwall (keep snifiing, De-Lar laugh ), another doggy walk, domino's Pizza, more beer, now settled down for the evening at home watching stuff I have Sky +'d throughout the week.

Twas going to make my weekly pilgrimage to the Fortescue, but I'm too cozy and settled. Maybe next week, or week after, hell, why not both? Muff is shite, Muff is great - if you can be bothered to find out wasson. Rock

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 11:16 am

Elias wrote:

This is Britain's ocean city Very Happy there are some great things to do, especially if you don't like football! I don't know about yesterdays match but the radio commentary was awful, I'm glad I was working which provided just enough distraction to prevent me from ranting on here. Something has gone horribly wrong since just before Christmas, a total lack of direction which starts at the very top? Or are we just unlucky with the loan players going, the injuries and so on? The latter is a pretty lame excuse if you ask me, most lower league clubs will experience similar problems #itsfootballjimbutnotasweknowit
Back to top Go down

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 11:22 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Elias wrote:

This is Britain's ocean city Very Happy  there are some great things to do, especially if you don't like football! I don't know about yesterdays match but the radio commentary was awful, I'm glad I was working which provided just enough distraction to prevent me from ranting on here. Something has gone horribly wrong since just before Christmas, a total lack of direction which starts at the very top?   Or are we just unlucky with the loan players going, the injuries and so on? The latter is a pretty lame excuse if you ask me, most lower league clubs will experience similar problems #itsfootballjimbutnotasweknowit

Something isnt right behind the scenes and it needs resolving. Brent can show he is serious about being our owner and chairman by investing in the budget and let Sheridan strengthen the squad before the play offs/promotion chase become a failure. Lets face it guys if we dont go up this year then we will say goodbye to Nelson and Reid for shizzle.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 11:31 am

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Elias wrote:

This is Britain's ocean city Very Happy  there are some great things to do, especially if you don't like football! I don't know about yesterdays match but the radio commentary was awful, I'm glad I was working which provided just enough distraction to prevent me from ranting on here. Something has gone horribly wrong since just before Christmas, a total lack of direction which starts at the very top?   Or are we just unlucky with the loan players going, the injuries and so on? The latter is a pretty lame excuse if you ask me, most lower league clubs will experience similar problems #itsfootballjimbutnotasweknowit

Something isnt right behind the scenes and it needs resolving. Brent can show he is serious about being our owner and chairman by investing in the budget and let Sheridan strengthen the squad before the play offs/promotion chase become a failure. Lets face it guys if we dont go up this year then we will say goodbye to Nelson and Reid for shizzle.

How much more 4th division dogshit can a fanbase take before something snaps.
Back to top Go down

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 11:37 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Elias wrote:

How much more 4th division dogshit can a fanbase take before something snaps.

I would say probably a while yet. Our fanbase stood by and helped Staplewallet literally destroy the club before they woke up and smelt the coffee that he should have gone years before. They just dont wake up quick enough.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:46 pm

A few people bemoaning the injuries on several threads. If Cox was carrying an injury that was unfortunate but out of the so-called injuries who didn't make it to yesterday's squad, who did we really miss aside from perhaps Hartley (who was adequately replaced via a loan)? Morgan and Banton have yet to step up when required, the other regular subs (Purrington, Harvey, Thomas) were all available. We were always going to miss our 3 loanees when they returned to their parent clubs, that's where our problems were yesterday, not injuries.

I say so-called injuries, was Morgan really injured? He was linked with Hartlepool a couple days ago but there's a problem paying up his contract?

I also agree something isn't right behind the scenes. I said after the Oxford match it seems we're imploding. Off the pitch there's the club v PCC shenanigans which can't be helpful at all. Roobs has been off the boil since his arrest, his namesake has gone from wanting to be here to not wanting to be here, or so it seems. Sheridan must have one of the toughest jobs in football when weighing everything up.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 7:12 pm

After calming down, staying offline and thinking about the situation for 24 hours I stand by just about everything I said in the OP. Yes Sheridan does have to take some of the blame for our slump but so should the players IMO and to those who say that Brent isn't at least partly to blame for our on field performances just consider this, as a manager you want nothing more than a settled team where every player knows not only their role but also the role of their team mates, the system/s they play and the ability and style of play of each player. We had that for a while and hey presto, we went on a fantastic unbeaten run, hardly conceded any goals and played some lovely football. Is it any coincidence then that as we started to lose players over the Christmas period through injury, suspension and loans ending that the wheels started to come off ? now I except that injuries and suspensions are par for the course and that most teams will suffer from them at some stage of the season and the coaching staff should be prepared to deal with such setbacks but when you add into that situation loan players coming in for a month at a time like the two lads yesterday, Flanagan and Lee, one's been here for a week and one for a day then any type of understanding or cohesion with the other players is going to be minimal at best, they don't even know each others names let alone how they play. Scratching around for players on short term loans must be frustrating and in terms of preparing a tactically settled team, almost impossible for Sheridan. For this reason I believe that some of the flack should be aimed at Brent for not quite(notice the quite, I acknowledge the fact that he must be paying some fairly decent wages to some fairly decent players, Reid, Hartley etc) giving Sheridan the budget to secure permanent signings or long term loans so far this window, if he genuinely wants us to get promoted a touch more ambition needs to be shown.
Back to top Go down

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 7:20 pm

i wonder if Nelson is the right sort person to be captain in our situation? Good player of course but he doesnt strike me as the type to go bollock someone for not doing their job on the pitch like a roy keane or tony adams would.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:56 pm

Probably not, Hartley seems to be the biggest talker on the pitch and can often be seen giving orders to other players, however I don't think it matters too much who the captain is in all honesty as long as somebody is 'directing the traffic'.
Back to top Go down

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:05 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Probably not, Hartley seems to be the biggest talker on the pitch and can often be seen giving orders to other players, however I don't think it matters too much who the captain is in all honesty as long as somebody is 'directing the traffic'.

Then Hartley ought to wear the band as Nelson does nothing to warrant being captain. Good player not a captain and yesterday when the team needed leadership he was found wanting on that front.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:12 pm

I have a fair amount of sympathy for sheridan, he's managing a club miles from anywhere with a no competitive budget, i know Stevanage and exeter are world beaters on shit budgets but in all honesty we should be aiming higher. He can only sign short term loans, the club is a shambles off the pitch with Brent spending two days a month at homepark so if he went who would replace him ? Dont tell me Jurrasic Warnock ffs.The only managers who would come to plymouth at the moment are the crap and the desperate ones! Sad times for the fans of the club who want more than this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brief Moan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Moan.....   Brief Moan..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Brief Moan.....
Page 1 of 1