Tgwu
Elias
Rickler
GreenSam
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GreenSam

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 4:52 am

I had a truly remarkable experience at the box office on Saturday when I was buying a ticket for my friend who was a student.

Off I trot to the counter and explain that I'm buying for a friend so could I have a student ticket. Dopey assistant behind the counter informs me that because I'm not a concession myself, I'm not allowed to buy them on behalf of other people. I question this rule by asking if a mum or a dad came to buy tickets for themselves and their under-16 kid, would they be barred from doing so because they weren't concessions and didn't have ID on behalf of the concessions? To this he just mumbled something and repeated that he couldn't sell me a student ticket unless I had student ID.

To this I calmly informed him that the student in question would have their ID on the gate. I then asked him that even if I did have student ID on me now, it could be any old person's ID and surely it would still have to be checked at the gate anyway!? Again he clearly wasn't used to such a challenging question and just mumbled an indistinguishable response into his lap. He then goes off to apparently check with his supervisor and he comes back to inform me that apparently he was still right and they can't sell concessionary tickets to people who are not the concessions themselves.

When I asked when this had become the policy, he told me it had always been the policy. Has it heck. The amount of parents and other people over the years who will have purchased tickets for their kids when they're at school is astronomical. Are they seriously saying that for a person to be able to buy a concession ticket, they need to be there in person. The way I understood it is that ID was ALWAYS checked on the gate and NEVER at the point of purchase. I'll be emailing the club about this as I'm convinced the assistant got it wrong.

Can I say that the full-time box office and club shop staff such as Matt and the ladies from the shop are an absolute pleasure to deal with and always provide the most efficient customer service imaginable. I have no beef with them at all. But some of the staff they get in on matchdays clearly haven't been to a game in their lives and have no understanding of how the system actually works. If the new ruling is seriously to say that people can only buy concessionary tickets if they have the proof of ID at the box office itself, then I'm a dutchman. Poor joined up customer service which once again gives the impression that Argyle are all a bit tinpot and smalltime when it comes to managing big games and big events. Rant over.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 5:06 am

Ask the AFT to take up your cause...
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 5:35 am

Hasnt cobi paid twice for the game too ?
Back to top Go down

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 7:00 am

Elias wrote:
I think he did.
Maybe they are just picking on these two rather vocal young lads :Suicide:
Back to top Go down

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 7:01 am

"Season Ticket holder treated as POTD riffraff" shock.

It has always been thus Sum. Us POTDers are not to be trusted.. What sort of fan leaves it to the last moment to pay to get in ? Shouldn't be allowed. They should be made to pay for their infidelity. "£23 please and don't give me that student/oap tosh !"
There won't be this problem when Identity cards come in. Fraud will be a thing of the past then, apparently. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 8:42 am

I had a nice phone call from Mat the Ticket Manager on Saterday morning about the problems for my ST for the Portsmouth game. It occurred from buying tickets for the Gillingham game which cause the computer to delete my ST membership, I collected temporary tickets from ticket office around 1400 with no trouble.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 10:23 am

Difficult to buy tickets for home games in advance if you are not a member......to be a member you have to be a season ticket holder....or have bought the lowest form of membership (white Membership ) which is a six game package......you can pick any home league game throughout the season in your package.

Non-members can only buy a ticket when that match becomes available for "general sale" not too far in advance of the match date.

This becomes a problem for "exiles"......who might never be able to see six games in a season...so will never be recognized as a "member" (no matter how long you have been a green....20/30/40/50/60 years).

If as an "exile" you choose a match, say for instance the Bristol R game on Sept 19th, you will find that you cannot get tickets yet.....you are told online that you have not got the "correct privileges" because the game is only available for "members".

So if you are planning a long weekend in Plymouth.....say Friday to Monday....you might want to book up ...hotel or maybe BB accomodation in advance....and get a favourable deal because you have booked early.....ok that is fine....but I would prefer to have my match tickets first then book up where I'm staying.

This treatment of non-members can only be so that "white members" can in their leisure pick when they go to a game.....how many supporters hold "white membership" ?....it cannot be more than 2 or 3 hundred ?.

Also I e-mailed the ticket office asking when the Bristol R game would be on "general sale"...so I had some idea how long I would have to plan my trip down to Plymouth......the answer was no answer at all....not a dicky-bird of a reply.....I e-mailed twice to no avail !!!

Now if I want to watch Argyle around the London area....I go online buy a ticket there and then....time taken less than 10 minutes....ok it will not be in a green area of the ground....that doesn't worry me.....a lot of greens do it....you could tell at Wimbledon when Argyle scored that you weren't by yourself..If you buy your ticket during the week before the match you will probably pick it up at the ticket office before the match.....if you buy it weeks in advance they post it to you and charge no postage......Argyle not only charge a booking fee...so do London clubs...they make sure you pay postage as well

London clubs will keep you informed of what's going on....although you might not be interested....for months afterwards......Argyle don't even answer your e-mails....do they care if you come or not ?....a few years back I arranged for regular Argyle updates from the club....it lasted a few weeks and then stopped.....and I'm still a fan after over 60yrs....whose the fool !!!

FACT.......over a season Home Park is suppossed to be only 48% full......SO... why is it so hard to buy a ticket in advance.....PAFC need to take on board that even long time "exiles" can one day say enough is enough.....and tell them where to stuff their membership only deals.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 10:52 am

If I were to get a white membership, can i use more than one ticket per match? ie use 2 of my 6 tickets at carlisle? i probably go to about 5 games a season, if I'm unlucky, but I dont see the point in getting a WM unless I can sit with people I like.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 11:05 am

And this on top of them upping the prices of tickets on the quiet after announcing they were reminding the same too. 60p to use my own printer to print off a ticket not in his lifetime
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 5:11 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Elias wrote:
I think he did.
Maybe they are just picking on these two rather vocal young lads :Suicide:
Ive just seen Cobi's thread. Now, I'm a fairly laid back sort of guy but to admit to Cobi that they sold his seat to someone else then refuse a refund is an absolute f... ing disgrace of the highest order. In fact if a few of us emailed the club with ''give Cobi his money back'' he would probably get it back. Oh .. and Cc the 'erald. I'm off to email.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 5:56 pm

I laughed to think of cobi shellimg out £40 to watch us lose.....
Back to top Go down

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 6:07 pm

As Rickler already said.
Get the trust onto it
popcorn
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Brent and his Muppets could'nt run a Bath let alone a football club, just another example of how village this penny pinching charity loving no ambition regime is.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:11 pm

Well well well!! I sent the email to 'erald and the FL at 5.15pm ish and ..... sorted at 5.30pm. Now I'm not claiming it was my email but Cobes better put me in his will laugh
Back to top Go down

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:19 pm

tigertony wrote:
Well well well!! I sent the email to 'erald and the FL at 5.15pm ish and ..... sorted at 5.30pm. Now I'm not claiming it was my email but Cobes better put me in his will laugh

You really think the Herald will publish anything remotely critical of Brent or the club?!!
Seriously ?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Rejoice ! Cobi s woe has been resolved.........

Praise st james.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:39 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
tigertony wrote:

You really think the Herald will publish anything remotely critical of Brent or the club?!!
Seriously ?
No I don't really but perhaps someone just stood back from the snag and thought about it. Sometimes people in ''retail'' do say some silly things. I took a pair of shoes back many many years ago (Barretts?) for an exchange as the leather had split after 3 weeks. They said ''OK Sir we'll get them repaired'' so being a bit pissed orf I took them off, handed them over and lay down on 3 chairs. Manager waltzes over and says ''what are doing?'' I replied ''well I only have 1 pair and now I have no pairs so I'd better sleep here until they come  back''
Got an exchange laugh

Cobes is happy! Was it my email ? Now back to Cobes will? Snag is that I'm 60+ and Cobes is 22? I smell a snag here.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Cobi will be worshipping at brents altar praise him praise him
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Apparently the guy was actually following the correct new policy which is not to sell concession tickets unless ID is there for the concessions.

How on earth this will stop people turning up with fake ID for the wrong concession and/or just buying online is anyone's guess. Seems to me like it'll just make life more awkward for people, but there you go.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 11:57 pm

Same as the cinema TBF.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 12:04 am

Cinema ID policy is ridiculous.

A while back my boy was refused entry to a 15 film despite being 16. ID was required to prove his age. I toddled off down with his birth certificate. No good. Not "photo ID". We could, however, use his brith certidicate to get a photo ID card at a cost of about £30!

feckin daft.

Similarly photo ID is required before you can use the tip now. I don't have any photo ID. Apparently fly tipping is on the increase. Can't think why.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 1:37 pm

I've had this several times down the years with my boys, I even bought tickets online hen were refused the concessions when I picked the tickets up cos of no id. Annoying as feck but has always been so.
Back to top Go down

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 4:14 pm

I think all people going on a blind date should demand photographic ID as an ice breaker. Sure to win over your date. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 5:06 am

Iggy wrote:
I've had this several times down the years with my boys, I even bought tickets online hen were refused the concessions when I picked the tickets up cos of no id. Annoying as feck but has always been so.
Nonsensical. Clearly not something that's been applied consistently, then. Dear me.
Back to top Go down

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 10:01 am

GreenSam wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Nonsensical. Clearly not something that's been applied consistently, then. Dear me.

No it has been consistently applied, that was my point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Box Office Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office Madness   Box Office Madness Empty

Back to top Go down

Box Office Madness
Page 1 of 1