Chemical Ali
Mock Cuncher
downthetrack
pepsipete
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Do you have a second team? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:37 pm

Just a random question about football. In your years of pain supporting the greens have you adopted another team to shout about, maybe you make a few games a season or just want them to well?

Argyle always come top for me, followed by Millwall.

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:42 pm

No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:47 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
No

Could you make that any clearer or constructive pp study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:49 pm

No but I used to like watching West Ham play but not in a supporting way, it was more artistic then football and I admit to being envious!

There can only ever be one team, you wouldn't find me at Old Trafford like a certain ex moderator I know! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 pm

GOB wrote:
No but I used to like watching West Ham play but not in a supporting way, it was more artistic then football and I admit to being envious!

There can only ever be one team, you wouldn't find me at Old Trafford like a certain ex moderator I know! lol!

Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 pm

The first few league games we were taken to see were at White Hart Lane with the Greaves Gilzean double team of 61, and one of my brothers then received a Spurs all white kit for Christmas, although I doubt it was official in those days. Does that count ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:57 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
The first few league games we were taken to see were at White Hart Lane with the Greaves Gilzean double team of 61, and one of my brothers then received a Spurs all white kit for Christmas. Does that count ?

It counts if you still wish them to do well in their respective league?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:06 am

Have a soft spot for Ipswich, was stationed near there the season they won the old first division with Ted Phillips and Ray Crawford, took in 3 or 4 games. Then interest was rekindled when they signed Paul Mariner, and more recently David Norris.

Last edited by pepsipete on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:23 am

Forest,went to watch them at West Ham on Saturday,should of won really.Millwall dad was from Bermondsey big Millwall fan
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: The Friday Poetry Thread   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:24 am

I've barely even got a first one.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:35 am

Pitty- I thought you liked Fulham?

No-one else for me (unfortunately). I do look out for the results of the other SW teams (and Yeovil). Not too bothered by prem, although I'm starting to like QPR with Akos and Mackie (and thinking that could have been us No )
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:39 am

Pitbull wrote:
Just a random question about football. In your years of pain supporting the greens have you adopted another team to shout about, maybe you make a few games a season or just want them to well?

cheers

Since you've been posting on here you have claimed to support Man Utd, Fulham and now Millwall
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:13 am

Freathy wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

cheers

Since you've been posting on here you have claimed to support Man Utd, Fulham and now Millwall

I want Man U and Fulham to do well, I have support for Millwall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:43 am

I've always had a soft spot for Middlesbrough, since Juninho was there the first time around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:47 am

The closest I have to second team is a bizarre interest in Bradford (Park Avenue).

I can't really explain it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:22 am

Always follow the SW teams, especially Exeter because my mate is involved up there. But no other team I obsess about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am

I always look for Exeter's result - it's good when they win.

I used to follow Leeds United's results largely because of the great team put together by Revie - Bremner, Giles, Clarke, Reaney, Charlton, Hunter - what a team! But they moved so far away from that greatness that I went off them. I also used to follow Cloughie's Forest but after he went what was the point?

Now I'm so disillusioned by all that is Premier that I couldn't give a toss what they were doing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:43 am

Only Argyle for me. Did have a year os so looking out for Bolton around the time of the Munich aircrash and cup final when Bolton beat what was left of the Busby Babes. My Dad was a Boltonian. But as soon as my Grandad took me to HP and stood me on a stool on the sleepers, that was it. I was f*cked !
Still look out for Bolton's results but have only seen them play twice.
Looking at the relative catchment areas of Plymouth and Bolton, we should be bigger.

The difference is, they have a history of achievement [6 FA Cups?] and more time in the top flight than out of it.

Question for Cobi.
Name the player who was a Boltonian who started his career with Argyle, where his Dad had also played. He returned to Bolton for £3,500 and later became the first player in the world to command a transfer fee of £10,000 !!
He also played for Arsenal and England and scored the first ever goal at a famous stadium. Clue.... The White Horse...... my grandad from Bolton was there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:50 am

I'm with you Tring, my old man was also a Boltonian and my uncle played for them for a while.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:56 am

GOB wrote:
I'm with you Tring, my old man was also a Boltonian and my uncle played for them for a while.

Wow ! We're almost related. Must be our roots that makes us so astute and unwilling to accept village mentality at HP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:56 am

knecht wrote:
Now I'm so disillusioned by all that is Premier that I couldn't give a toss what they were doing.

Me too. I love listening to football commentaries (especially Alan Green) but rarely have any emotional attachment: don't think I'm really a football fan any more, just an Argyle fan.

The notion of a second team is completely alien to me - it's in the nature of being a football supporter that you can only have one team. Having said that, like Pepsi I've got a soft spot for Ipswich because of the Mariner connection, and also because of family ties. Years ago, I used to go and watch Chelsea quite a lot, but it was just a matter of getting a fix when I couldn't get home to Plymouth. I also went to Sarfend quite a lot at one time: not only because it was near where I lived, but also for the sheer joy of watching the young Stan Collymore.

On the other hand, I really despise Millwall, MK Dons and Crawley.

[Tring: I know the answer to your question Cool ]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 am

You've got that far away look in your eyes again haven't you? You mentioned Mariner [ snigger].

I watched Franchise Utd (MK Dons) at SJP earlier this season when they won 2-0 (I won the sweep too). Have to say they do play attractive football. They're not the real Dons though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:08 am

Tringreen wrote:
GOB wrote:

Wow ! We're almost related. Must be our roots that makes us so astute and unwilling to accept village mentality at HP.

amen budda, amen!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:12 am

None for me, not even england.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:13 am

Cerbera wrote:
You've got that far away look in your eyes again haven't you? You mentioned Mariner [ snigger]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a second team?   Do you have a second team? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have a second team?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next