akagreengull
Dane
Tgwu
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge Empty
PostSubject: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 7:54 am

Argyle's South West Peninsula League team face current leaders Saltash United in the League Cup competition at Coach Road, Newton Abbot on Wednesday evening, ko 7.30pm.

With the senior professional squad away in Spain, it is likely that Argyle's line-up will be a young one.

Best to double-check that the game is on, though - a waterlogged pitch caused the postponement of last Friday evening's League fixture against Witheridge.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 4:11 pm

There is hope that the dry weather today and tomorrow should see it be played,

I can update people if they wish during the day tomorrow.

Come on you Ashes !

Last edited by Dane. on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks for the heads up, will wander over as only fifteen minute walk away. Has been a relatively dry day here apart from some heavy hail showers should be ok to play.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 7:51 pm

9am pitch inspection
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 8:11 pm

Saltash social for a few, then a short walk for me up the road to the ground. Hope it's on. Few more beers, a pasty, then walk over to the Ploughboy for a few more, then down to the Rodney for a Chinese and a few more frothers whislt I wait.

Could be a good evening! drunken
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Mr. Brownstone wrote:
Saltash social for a few, then a short walk for me up the road to the ground. Hope it's on. Few more beers, a pasty, then walk over to the Ploughboy for a few more, then down to the Rodney for a Chinese and a few more frothers whislt I wait.

Game at Coach Road, Newton Abbot
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 9:19 am

Tgwu wrote:
Mr. Brownstone wrote:

lol! Could be a change of plan then, recommend getting train to Newton three minute taxi ride to Coach rd then walk or ride to the cider bar (not far away) for some great cheap fermented apple juice, and the folk band are playing tonight, last train back about quarter past eleven. Sorted, an easy away game.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 9:47 am

Pitch Inspection now at 10am
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 9:58 am

Tonights Game has PASSED the pitch Inspection and will Kick Off at 7.30pm

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 am

akagreengull wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Mr. Brownstone wrote:

lol! Could be a change of plan then, recommend getting train to Newton three minute taxi ride to Coach rd then walk or ride to the cider bar (not far away) for some great cheap fermented apple juice, and the folk band are playing tonight, last train back about quarter past eleven. Sorted, an easy away game.

That sounds like a decent evening out, actually.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 10:18 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Mr. Brownstone wrote:

Just checked last train to Plymouth is 2328 and one at 2301, if you don't fancy cider the large spoons Is right in the centre of town ten minute walk to station, however the folk night usually has a good atmosphere. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 10:28 am

Nights out in Devon using the train are a good deal. I often pop up to Totnes for this and that, or Exeter. My forays often include fermented something and music. Was up for a good old fashioned Totnes wassail a week or two back up at the orchard behind the Bay Horse at the top of Fore St, organised by the local folk singing group. That was an amusing evening.
There is a Devon evening ranger ticket for anyone, £3.30, that gives you unbridled toing and froing across the whole county all night. Last trains back to Plymouth usually get in just before Midnight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 10:38 am

Tgwu wrote:
Mr. Brownstone wrote:

Dear oh dear. I really must pay more attention. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 10:54 am

akagreengull wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Mr. Brownstone wrote:

Just checked last train to Plymouth is 2328 and one at 2301, if you don't fancy cider the large spoons Is right in the centre of town ten minute walk to station, however the folk night usually has a good atmosphere. drunken

Folk night is fine by me. No complaints here.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 11:01 am

Enjoy! will wander over to the game tonight, will give the bar a miss as down there last night and have early start tomorrow, look forward to seeing the youth players tonight. cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Not a bad game Saltash 3 Argyle 6 (3 - 1 ht)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 10:12 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Not a bad game Saltash 3 Argyle 6 (3 - 1 ht)

I wonder why Dane have not reported on the game sunny

thanks akagreengull
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 10:49 pm

Because I was driving home from the match. A story of two halfs. We defended poorly second half and in the end the young argyle lads deserved their win.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 11:58 pm

Dane. wrote:
Because I was driving home from the match. A story of two halfs. We defended poorly second half and in the end the young argyle lads deserved their win.

where were the updates Dane?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 8:43 am

It was Argyle that defended poorly in the first half hence the two early Saltash goals, second half we looked a different team, and Saltash flagged badly in terms of fitness towards the end of game. Argyle were clearly the better team, pitch was difficult and was cold evening.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:06 am

Tgwu wrote:
Dane. wrote:

where were the updates Dane?

I cant do updates from the dugout - last thing on my mind
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:53 am

I see you're still working your magic at the back Dane.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'televen
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 10:00 am

How's the chant go??

Oh yeah....

"3-1, and you fecked it up".

Not as bad as an 11-0 thrashing though I guess.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 10:10 am

Considering we have only let in 14 goals in 26 league games and are currently top of the league with a game in hand, id say last night was a bit of a freak. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge   Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle's S W P League team v some team from across the bridge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next