Chemical Ali
mouldyoldgoat
akagreengull
Tgwu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Ryan Brunt with Exeter City Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Former Plymouth Argyle player Ryan Brunt has been spotted doing some preseason work with Exeter City, sparking rumours that he is on trial at his former rivals.

The striker is without a club having released by Argyle this summer following a long-term injury and turned down the opportunity to train with the Home Park club in preseason to prove his fitness.

City travelled to Polzeath Beach in Cornwall today to continue the early stages of their preseason programme, with the team pictured going surfing.

A subsequent Instagram post from goalkeeper James Hamon revealed that Brunt was involved in the session, along with the likes of manager Paul Tisdale and winger Lee Holmes.

Brunt is the founder of RecoverFit, an Exeter-based gym that is a favourite of many City players.

With the striker a favourite of many Plymouth fans, after he scored 11 goals in 50 appearances for the club, his potential move has caused a stir on social media - particularly with Joel Grant making a move in the opposite direction last week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 10:45 pm

best of luck to him. im sure he will be labelled a judas by some if he signs like reuben but not by me.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 10:50 pm

As he said, he has a family to support and a mortgage to pay.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 11:06 pm

All the very best to him. I hope it works out.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 12:33 pm

Signs a contract with City-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 1:23 pm

I like him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 1:56 pm

akagreengull wrote:
As he said, he has a family to support and a mortgage to pay.

That's the crux of it, greengull. ....... "cliche Alert" 'At the end of the day' football is a job, albeit, a bit different and short lived. A job to support yourself, a family, if you have one, and to pay the bills. No different to you or I.

Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 3:13 pm

I wonder if he will get the judas treatment from the silly sods?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 3:20 pm

If Derek Adams was me he would've kept him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 3:49 pm

The few times I saw him, he was a tidy enough target man. Not in the class of Evans but not bad. One always hopes they can improve further given they have the basics, but before you know it, they're 30 years old.
Does anyone still give it the faux angst when a player signs for someone up the road ?

As it happens, the best thing Argyle have done since Brent has moved in is give Brunt another year's work when they knew full well he wouldn't be fit for most of it. Credit to the club for that if they weren't actually obligated to do so. That's the sort of sign I look for in a club worth supporting. Trouble is there's been little of that sort of behaviour with their Starnesesque employment policy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 10:09 pm

beesrus wrote:
The few times I saw him, he was a tidy enough target man. Not in the class of Evans but not bad. One always hopes they can improve further given they have the basics, but before you know it, they're 30 years old.
Does anyone still give it the faux angst when a player signs for someone up the road ?

As it happens, the best thing Argyle have done since Brent has moved in is give Brunt another year's work when they knew full well he wouldn't be fit for most of it. Credit to the club for that if they weren't actually obligated to do so. That's the sort of sign I look for in a club worth supporting. Trouble is there's been little of that sort of behaviour with their Starnesesque employment policy.

Favoured agent I recks.

I thought he was ok too, a battering ram. I'm hoping taylor continues to be an upgrade
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 10:22 pm

Brunt had a touch of the Marino Keiths about him.

Neither of them was particularly good in any particular way: not especially quick; not especially skillful; not even guaranteed 1st XI players; neither lasted much more than a season. Both of them seemed to make things happen though. In Keith's case it was a Johnny On The Spot to score loads of goals and in Brunt's case it was an almost manic desperation, often successfully realised, to grab a result when all seemed lost.

Despite the rather obvious limitations of both I am a huge fan of what they did for us as players and wish Brunt all the very best. I hope he scores 30 goals next season as Exeter get relegated.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 6:32 am

I don't think I've ever disliked any Argyle player who gave everything for the cause, to the best of their ability. Brunt certainly was a 110%er. We could have asked no more really. Hopefully for him his injury woes don't return.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Should have kept him on..considering we aint signed a striker...the period leading up to his injury he was different class proberly playing the best of his career very unlucky with the injury couldnt have come at a worse time for him..Anyway good luck to the lad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Angry wrote:
I wonder if he will get the judas treatment from the silly sods?
sadly knobbers will always be a fact of life!
I've tweeted good luck to Ryan because I liked the fella, and the couple of times I've met him, he's always been sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Brunt with Exeter City   Ryan Brunt with Exeter City Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryan Brunt with Exeter City
Page 1 of 1