Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taylor out for 3 months

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Taylor out for 3 months Empty
PostSubject: Taylor out for 3 months   Taylor out for 3 months EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 9:12 am

More bad news...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Come on Brent get another striker in NOW!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for 3 months   Taylor out for 3 months EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 9:33 am

Strikers are overrated, if you don't concede you don't get beat raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for 3 months   Taylor out for 3 months EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 9:50 am

As soon as I saw the history of Taylor, I knew what we were getting. He's no youngster, and after he came of age, bar one season with Pompey, he's hardly been an ever present anywhere or whacked the ball in the net. It's so obvious there are fitness/physical issues. Slightly differing reasons, but his whole aura reminds me of Maclean. He'll never prove himself here. I'm surprised Adams fell for it, but then his options are extremely limited.    The higher up Argyle go, and this is about as high as they're going to get under Brent's methodology of property first, the more difficult it is going to be to compete for forwards. It will have to be a loan striker next month.
Argyle haven't been properly ready for any season start since Holloway signed Hayles. Slower out of the blocks than Usain Bolt, but they certainly won't have a second half of the race like last year.
And Les, were you doing a passable impersonation of Adams there ? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for 3 months   Taylor out for 3 months EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 9:58 am

beesrus wrote:
As soon as I saw the history of Taylor, I knew what we were getting. He's no youngster, and after he came of age, bar one season with Pompey, he's hardly been an ever present anywhere. It's so obvious there are fitness/physical issues. Slightly differing reasons, but his whole aura reminds me of Maclean. He'll never prove himself here. I'm surprised Adams fell for it, but then his options are extremely limited.    The higher up Argyle go, and this is about as high as they're going to get under Brent's methodology of property first, the more difficult it is going to be to compete for forwards. It will have to be a loan striker next month.
Argyle haven't been properly ready for any season start since Holloway signed Hayles. Slower out of the blocks than Usain Bolt.

What about the 134 games he played for Rotherham. He might not be a youngster but given we are only dishing out 1 year contracts it hardly matters, FWIW he's a more skifull Ryan Brunt
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for 3 months   Taylor out for 3 months EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
beesrus wrote:
As soon as I saw the history of Taylor, I knew what we were getting. He's no youngster, and after he came of age, bar one season with Pompey, he's hardly been an ever present anywhere. It's so obvious there are fitness/physical issues. Slightly differing reasons, but his whole aura reminds me of Maclean. He'll never prove himself here. I'm surprised Adams fell for it, but then his options are extremely limited.    The higher up Argyle go, and this is about as high as they're going to get under Brent's methodology of property first, the more difficult it is going to be to compete for forwards. It will have to be a loan striker next month.
Argyle haven't been properly ready for any season start since Holloway signed Hayles. Slower out of the blocks than Usain Bolt.

What about the 134 games he played for Rotherham. He might not be a youngster but given we are only dishing out 1 year contracts it hardly matters, FWIW he's a more skifull Ryan Brunt

I think that is fairer. He's looked OK when I've seen him play. Maclean was a cowardly footballer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for 3 months   Taylor out for 3 months EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
beesrus wrote:

The trouble is, Hugh, when you delve into the statistics, since his yoof at Rotherham, half of his appearances have come from off the bench, At Bristol and Oxford, he was a late sub as many times as he started a game. Apart from one year at Pompey, he hasn't played the equivalent of more than half a season in six years. Doesn't look good to me.
And I think it's the skilful thing that reminds me of Maclean. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for 3 months   Taylor out for 3 months EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 4:45 pm

beesrus wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
beesrus wrote:

The trouble is, Hugh, when you delve into the statistics, since his yoof at Rotherham,  half of his appearances have come from off the bench, At Bristol and Oxford, he was a late sub as many times as he started a game. Apart from one year at Pompey, he hasn't played the equivalent of more than half a season in six years. Doesn't look good to me.
And I think it's the skilful thing that reminds me of Maclean. Very Happy

It's pretty clear that Adams leaving the number 9 shirt vacant, points to him knowing all to well that we need s striker. I'd wager that if he had his way, then we'd have a first choice striker on the payroll by now, and Taylor would continue to perform the role of largely coming from the bench.

Sadly Brent holds the purse strings, so it hasn't happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for 3 months   Taylor out for 3 months EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 5:00 pm

I go along with Brent holding the strings and Adams being curtailed, but it's a sad indictment of any manager that he probably holds the position of main man up front as an also ran objective, compared to say, a left back, or centre midfield.
So, why has he offered four forwards contracts, but none of them are here and playing ? Obviously a couple will be loan options for the end of the month, but someone is not that fussed at taking up the offer. That doesn't sound right either. It all smells of a bit of a balls up to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for 3 months   Taylor out for 3 months Empty

Back to top Go down

Taylor out for 3 months
Page 1 of 1