Earwegoagain
Mock Cuncher
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 12:07 pm

Leave the fish alone you horrendous fookers.

It aint good for anyone but the nutters in the 'health' product industry.

Poor little fish.

Bet we've irreversibly dredged hundreds of acres (miles? leagues?) of seabed for this sham industry.

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 5:09 pm

I was fed Cod Liver oil as a kid it was FOOKIN horrible. We then went on to Haliborange which looked like E's but tasted of Orange they were much better. Luckily as a result of this I have very strong bones apart from my ankle and my wrist which I have broken, I'm wondering if it doesn't reach that far along limbs?
To be honest I always considered the Cod Liver oil to come from Cod that are eaten in chip shops, same with the Halibut except it's eaten in Restaurants. Why not use the liver of a dead fish? I never fed it to my kids by the way.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 10:59 pm

The fish has to be alive in order to harvest the oil.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 7:07 am

A league is three nautical miles, so either is acceptable.
Back to top Go down

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 7:36 am

Anybody who has delved into "scientific" health studies and their methodology will have slowly become aware that many "facts" aren't facts at all, but studies at the behest of various monied lobbies and industries. Below is a BBc link to the latest debunking of omega 3 health benefits of synthesised fish oils.  Much dietary Science is often no more than the mouthpiece of vested interests including the drug companies.

The best way to eat healthily has always been is eat fruit and vegetables, nuts and seeds in their natural state. The latest dietary push is the "Paleo" diet pushed by the meat industry desperate to get a trendy cowboy diet to counter the rise of vegan interests. As if hunters and gatherers popped into  Aldi every day for some processed foods. LOL

omega 3 ? psssssssstttttt

Last edited by beesrus on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 7:38 am

seadog wrote:
A league is three nautical miles, so either is acceptable.

So are Argyle like six nautical miles from the Premiership?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 8:15 am

That would be correct, or two categories.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 8:36 am

beesrus wrote:
Anybody who has delved into "scientific" health studies and their methodology will have slowly become aware that many "facts" aren't facts at all, but studies at the behest of various monied lobbies and industries. Below is a BBc link to the latest debunking of omega 3 health benefits of synthesised fish oils.  Much dietary Science is often no more than the mouthpiece of vested interests including the drug companies.

The best way to eat healthily has always been is eat fruit and vegetables, nuts and seeds in their natural state. The latest dietary push is the "Paleo" diet pushed by the meat industry desperate to get a trendy cowboy diet to counter the rise of vegan interests. As if hunters and gatherers popped into  Aldi every day for some processed foods. LOL

omega 3 ?   psssssssstttttt

And eat lots of oily fish like sardines with the bones in, unless I've been fed a line by the fishing industry?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 8:48 am

beesrus wrote:

omega 3 ?   psssssssstttttt

You a little vegan?

Have yer read Ben Goldacre much Beezers? Bad Science has entire chapters dedicated to that sorta stuff?
Back to top Go down

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 9:17 am

Yes I have, good stuff.
Have never been a fan of how much sway science can have over other more ethereal considerations. More balance required. But even I have been shocked at how flimsy age old health science evidence really is while researching into effective treatments for cancer. What I had previously thought of as "gospel" was actually literally that, just words from a book of half truths, poorly collated historical recounting and fiction. Two friends and I ran a complementary health centre for years, It's astonishing what accepted medical science gets away with in some circumstances, not all obviously, and some practising doctors are brave enough to say so.
I'm not vegan as I still put on my calf's panto outfit to eat cow's and goats cheese on occasion, pretend like I'm an orphan suckling. The vegan coconut one is tasty enough but rather expensive and has a problem melting, like it's got a half life or something. LOL
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 9:31 am

Ok no wuzza, I was gonna offer to send my copy across ter yer, but that mighta been weird anyway.

Yep, this fish oil stuff is something that has even extended to selling the stuff for pets for £15 per box. Deranged. Like a mutt in the wild takes a break from chasing it's tail, and naturally consumes fish oil!

I'm no veegs but have reduced my intake, mainly on account of the uva 'arf. Like you say, dairy is the hardest to replace, and eggs the hardest to avoid.
Back to top Go down

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 9:50 am

Outside of processed food, Mocker, there's a good egg substitute when making your own food up or even omelettes/fritatas if that's yer bag.. Ethica in Armada Way in Plymouth sell it, look up their website, excellent, excellent shop, but again, these products aren't cheap.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 11:32 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I was fed Cod Liver oil as a kid it was FOOKIN horrible. We then went on to Haliborange which looked like E's but tasted of Orange they were much better. Luckily as a result of this I have very strong bones apart from my ankle and my wrist which I have broken, I'm wondering if it doesn't reach that far along limbs?
To be honest I always considered the Cod Liver oil to come from Cod that are eaten in chip shops, same with the Halibut except it's eaten in Restaurants. Why not use the liver of a dead fish? I never fed it to my kids by the way.

better than the E's ?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 11:59 am

beesrus wrote:
Outside of processed food, Mocker, there's a good egg substitute when making your own food up or even omelettes/fritatas if that's yer bag.. Ethica in Armada Way in Plymouth sell it, look up their website, excellent, excellent shop, but again, these products aren't cheap.
Lend us some dollar to get some?

Western Union transfer probs the easiest way?

(((((sniggers))))) Laughing
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 1:29 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Harve and Nikkkk have all the details. Or get the leaflet from the post Office, "How to contact young chaps in foreign countries"
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 1:40 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Someone has foreshorely added "(((((sniggers))))) Laughing" inter me post, making it look like I am laughing at my own post.

APOLOGISE OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 1:56 pm

I bet the egg substitute is somewhat processed though. I've got a mate who's been a veggie for years he eats nothing but processed veggie food. Healthy it ain't. I only cook with ingredients it's the only safe way.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 2:10 pm

#SHITARTIST wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

better than the E's ?

I wouldnt know. clown
Back to top Go down

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I bet the egg substitute is somewhat processed though. I've got a mate who's been a veggie for years he eats nothing but processed veggie food. Healthy it ain't. I only cook with ingredients it's the only safe way.
Of course the substitute is processed. Beer is processed too. The point is not to eat too much processed food, a  bit like not driving too many miles in a diesel vehicle. It's called degree, and next to no human exists on either extreme. A bad diet is a bad diet, veggie or omnivour. Some people will not drink hot drinks or eat anything that is cooked. Not my bag
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 3:10 pm

beesrus wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Of course the substitute is processed. Beer is processed too. The point is not to eat too much processed food, a  bit like not driving too many miles in a diesel vehicle. It's called degree, and next to no human exists on either extreme. A bad diet is a bad diet, veggie or omnivour. Some people will not drink hot drinks or eat anything that is cooked. Not my bag

Wow. Every day is a learning day around you Bees.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
#SHITARTIST wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

better than the E's ?

I wouldnt know. clown

As the Shamen sayeth:
E's are good. E's are good.
(He's Ebeneezer Goode)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fish Liver Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Liver Oil   Fish Liver Oil Empty

Back to top Go down

Fish Liver Oil
Page 1 of 1