sufferedsince 68
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 5:04 pm

Shambles off the pitch with the stalled Mankover, and the Team a Joke on the pitch due to a pathetic Budget which insults the ten thousand fans who go every home game. November the first should be the end.
Back to top Go down

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 5:08 pm

Couldn't be happening to a nicer regime. Restores my faith in natural balance. Crisis may well be on the agenda. Adams is going to get a tough time in newell land, nowhere else to put the blame. LOL.

Last edited by beesrus on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 5:08 pm

He's been getting a tough time from you as well.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 6:07 pm

Adams isn’t blameless for 2 points from 18.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 6:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see on PASOTI they are completely bypassing Brent austerity and blaming Adams.

Wankers
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 6:23 pm

But the truth has to be it is both. Yes, a shit budget, but the worst budget in the division? Argyle shouldn’t be winless after 6 games. We are tracking to be worse off than 5 points from 12 games last season. The budget alone does not explain that, especially when the spine of the side which went on a good run is sat on the bench.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Chickens are coming home to roost. Brent will go down as the most corrupt and inept Chairman in my 50 years of support bar none
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Unless we know far more detail than we currently do I am always reluctant to criticise managers.

I know what the arguments are and they usually boil down to "he signed them" which is fair enough as far as it goes but what if that signed player was the best available to the manager? In that case he'd be mad not to sign him no matter how inadequate he might seem.

And that come down to budget. We seem to have signed 2 players, Canavan and Wootton, who are barely able to lace Sonny Bradley's boots and Bradley left only because the money wasn't there to keep him.

The real question here isn't "couldn't we have signed 2 better CBs?" but "who were the better CBs we could have signed for the same amount of money?"

And that we just don't know.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 7:22 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

I see on PASOTI they are completely bypassing Brent austerity and blaming Adams.

Wankers

Feck em!
They deserve the kinda shit club their going to get!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

I get the gist of your argument and do sympathise somewhat I obviously have my own doubts about Adams but one thing I wholeheartedly believe is that the team and Adams have been starved of budget in favour of property FOOKIN speculation for the past seven years. I think that this seasons budget was lower than last seasons as Brent frantically tried to rescue his failed next building scheme and control of the club. Bradley and Threlkeld should have been retained and their defensive replacements have been a joke. We also haven't signed a decent centre mid which Adams has said himself he's after. Even as armchair fans it's obvious to see who we need to be signing when you see the players lining up against us week in week out. I can't see that Adams isn't aware of what we need or that he's signing these players as his first choice he is hamstrung by the budget, pay peanuts get monkeys. And before anyone says it keeping Carey and Bradley shouldn't max out the budget. Brent out.
Back to top Go down

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 8:07 pm

On train to Bournemouth - Jezze was a shocker today, not sure we will escape it this time!!
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 10:10 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

I get the gist of your argument and do sympathise somewhat I obviously have my own doubts about Adams but one thing I wholeheartedly believe is that the team and Adams have been starved of budget in favour of property FOOKIN speculation for the past seven years. I think that this seasons budget was lower than last seasons as Brent frantically tried to rescue his failed next building scheme and control of the club.  Bradley and Threlkeld should have been retained and their defensive replacements have been a joke. We also haven't signed a decent centre mid which Adams has said himself he's after. Even as armchair fans it's obvious to see who we need to be signing when you see the players lining up against us week in week out. I can't see that Adams isn't aware of what we need or that he's signing these players as his first choice he is hamstrung by the budget, pay peanuts get monkeys. And before anyone says it keeping Carey and Bradley shouldn't max out the budget. Brent out.

I agree with all of that but there has to be some balance to the one-eyed argument that it’s all about the budget. It’s the biggest problem but not the only one and it can’t explain yet another dreadful start in isolation.

I’m by no means in favour of Adams getting the sack - think we’re fortunate to have him - but something is currently not right with manager/player relations.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 10:17 am

akagreengull wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Wankers

Feck em!

Spot on Mr Gull, feck the bobblehatted twats.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 10:18 am

Mate is a pompey fan. "Usually a good game against your lot, you didn't even turn up this time".

Says it all don't it?

Is Adams at fault though? he signed the dross that's on the field but if you've only got peanuts to pay......
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 10:29 am

#SHITARTIST wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Wankers

Feck em!

Spot on Mr Gull, feck the bobblehatted twats.  

After the blind and fanatical worshipping of brent for the past 7 years they painted themselves into a tight corner and now cannot seriously start to question the shyster even in the face of the ovewhelming evidence of what he is and what he's done (or hasn't done).
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 11:01 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

I get the gist of your argument and do sympathise somewhat I obviously have my own doubts about Adams but one thing I wholeheartedly believe is that the team and Adams have been starved of budget in favour of property FOOKIN speculation for the past seven years. I think that this seasons budget was lower than last seasons as Brent frantically tried to rescue his failed next building scheme and control of the club.  Bradley and Threlkeld should have been retained and their defensive replacements have been a joke. We also haven't signed a decent centre mid which Adams has said himself he's after. Even as armchair fans it's obvious to see who we need to be signing when you see the players lining up against us week in week out. I can't see that Adams isn't aware of what we need or that he's signing these players as his first choice he is hamstrung by the budget, pay peanuts get monkeys. And before anyone says it keeping Carey and Bradley shouldn't max out the budget. Brent out.

I agree with all of that but there has to be some balance to the one-eyed argument that it’s all about the budget. It’s the biggest problem but not the only one and it can’t explain yet another dreadful start in isolation.

I’m by no means in favour of Adams getting the sack - think we’re fortunate to have him - but something is currently not right with manager/player relations.

It can and does explain another awful start in isolation. We are like Aldershot or Accy with gates of 2500 punching above our weight in a league too far it's a feckin joke. Also we must keep returning to why Threlkeld and Sonny left, they left because we wouldn't offer the money that a league 1 defender is worth, especially one that may raise his game in the league above this seasons budget has all been about signing players that can play in the next division trouble is its league 2 and not the CCC.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Again, whilst agreeing with your budget analysis, I can’t accept it is the sole reason for being 24th with 2 points. Fox, Carey, Taylor, Lameiras all on the bench yesterday, all proven performers at this level. If the issue with them is that they aren’t following Adams’ instructions, that is down to him as a manager. If the problem is fitness, that’s another matter, but can only reasonably see that applying to Taylor.

There is something rotten beyond the amount of finance, convinced of that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 4:47 pm

So you're saying that the squad is as depressed as we are, you wouldn't be shocked would you?
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 5:04 pm

No, not one bit - but at the same time I don’t believe that malaise comes purely from Bradley and Threlkeld departing - which is essentially the net loss from a side that finished 7th last season.

Do we really think the budget is bottom 4 in the division? Does anyone actually know? Despoti says top 10, Harve says bottom 3.

Toe-mayto/tomato
Back to top Go down

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 5:32 pm

The clear marker that states bad management was the loss of Bradley. That's not the fault of the total budget per se as it can be assumed he can adjust elsewhere within brent's tight arse, even if it produces lack of cover later . Abuse of the shop floor is how I see it with the line manager giving it the grunt routine and thinking every little success is down to him and him alone. I can't think of something more irritating to a sporting youngblood, especially when said line manager gets a right royal handsome top up. No wonder there's a need to "clear the air", even more so when you see the crap he's brought in. In the end, every good team mate lost during the Summer ensures slightly less chance of career advancement for all those left behind in Camp Derek holding the can, as all players want to play with others who can help their own game.....who wants to play with ringers ? And then the line manager goes and drops the best of them as a group punishment. Humiliating. What a dork.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 10:28 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
No, not one bit - but at the same time I don’t believe that malaise comes purely from Bradley and Threlkeld departing - which is essentially the net loss from a side that finished 7th last season.

Do we really think the budget is bottom 4 in the division? Does anyone actually know? Despoti says top 10, Harve says bottom 3.

Toe-mayto/tomato

According to Sky last season our budget was around 16th highest in League 1. This was supposedly increased by Brent this season but cant really see it being much more so were probably between 12-15th highest in the league. Take out Portsmouth Sunderland and Peterboro maybe and there really shouldnt be anyone else in League 1 with a much bigger budget than us but you know thats no the case. I was hopeful of a statement of intent from the Hallets but it appears that the grandstand refurb is the be all and end all of everything. We play Rovers next week who are also struggling. If we get spanked were in big shit unless somehow DA can turn it round like last season. We were crap at Rovers last season and then turned it around so Im not calling for Adams head yet
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 11:27 am

Big Robby wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Toe-mayto/tomato

According to Sky last season our budget was around 16th highest in League 1. This was supposedly increased by Brent this season but cant really see it being much more so were probably between 12-15th highest in the league. Take out Portsmouth Sunderland and Peterboro maybe and there really shouldnt be anyone else in League 1 with a much bigger budget than us but you know thats no the case. I was hopeful of a statement of intent from the Hallets but it appears that the grandstand refurb is the be all and end all of everything. We play Rovers next week who are also struggling. If we get spanked were in big shit unless somehow DA can turn it round like last season. We were crap at Rovers last season and then turned it around so Im not calling for Adams head yet

Brent might have increased this 16th highest wage budget close season, but increasing it by 5% is futile when other clubs increase theirs by 15 or 20% so effectively we probably are lower than the 16th now this season. Think the Bradley scandal nails this on the head.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 8:02 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Toe-mayto/tomato

The loss of Sonny and Oscar was always destined for disaster with Matthews and Vyner also gone. Diagouraga's presence in m/f also provided the glue from which confidence was high, even after his departure, as others stepped up via the example set and new found belief.

Now it's pedantic strangers at the back, adding to lack of heart further forward.

Deep down, Carey and co know the club is going nowhere but down, so they're just picking up the wage.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 8:30 am

Championship - yeah right. laugh deadhorse
Back to top Go down

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 8:46 am

Decay is like a disease, and people cant help but feel it. Football at a competitive level is mostly  in the head, even for the more talented. The likes of Carey know they've been left high and dry, they know the self fashioned squire is cutting and running, they've been told nothing will change, they've got a dour finger pointing Scot unfairly on their case for some weird reason as if it's all their fault, and the workplace looks like a bomb's hit it. They need something to believe in. Maybe give them a free pasoti badge to show them they matter
Bradley's comments will be seen as prophetic and true as Holloway's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brents Legacy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Brents Legacy.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next