Tgwu

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Must win game
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Could be a bit of mewling and puking about Adams were Argyle to lose tomorrow,which is well possible,but not a must win game-draw would be fine IMHO.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 8:03 pm

I dont believe this squad is good enough to avoid relegation and only Simon Hallet can save the club from that (cheers jimmy) tomorrow will be another routine defeat for a team used to losing.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Could be a bit of mewling and puking about Adams were Argyle to lose tomorrow,which is well possible,but not a must win game-draw would be fine  IMHO.

There'll be mewling and puking about Adams no matter what the result.
Back to top Go down

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 pm

bottom of the table clash its these games where are going to have to win in order to stay up.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 8:28 pm

Need 44 points from 34 games 10 wins 14 draws. If you cant beat the only team below you, where are the wins going to come from?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 8:58 pm

Giving this one a miss.

The very thought of getting off a train and then spending half an hour on a bus to get to the stadium is an immediate turn off.

Driving ..forget it.

Aviva bus.. Dont even go there.

Poxford 4 Akkeron 0

Glad im not going
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Cant see us not bagging a hatful, 3 nil Argo
Back to top Go down

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 9:11 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Could be a bit of mewling and puking about Adams were Argyle to lose tomorrow,which is well possible,but not a must win game-draw would be fine  IMHO.

And rightly so.
It isn't just the budget handed down from the self centred squire, it's the philosophy too, of which Adams is a current prime adherent. It goes deep, into the very soul of physical activity and competition. Worse than Kemp.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:05 pm

In view of the absolutely appalling start to the season and that Argyle are playing another team and club in turmoil I think this is Derek's most important game of his four year tenure so far.
Unfortunately I think Argyle are in such poor form that Oxford will use their home advantage to get a win and put Argyle in an even more dire position in the league.
Hope I'm wrong and am pleasantly surprised but the seven year Bent dynasty of austerity and underinvestment is now having serious negative consequences.

BRENT 0% NOW

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:08 pm

Oxford Utd may be uber shit but they're still classes above Akkeron Portakabin Nil FC

Oxford Utd 5-0 Akkeron

Usual commiserations if your mad enough to travel
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:09 pm

akagreengull wrote:
In view of the absolutely appalling start to the season and that Argyle are playing another team and club in turmoil I think this is Derek's most important game of his four year tenure so far.
Unfortunately I think Argyle are in such poor form that Oxford will use their home advantage to get a win and put Argyle in an even more dire position in the league.
Hope I'm wrong and am pleasantly surprised but the seven year Bent dynasty of austerity and underinvestment is now having serious negative consequences.

BRENT 0% NOW

A seven year dynasty of austerity and underinvestment laugh

Dont mind if I borrow that as my signature please.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:42 pm

I'm going. There again its only 3/4 of an hour drive for me.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:51 pm

We never win against Oxford.

2-0
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 11:08 pm

beesrus wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

And rightly so.
It isn't just the budget handed down from the self centred squire, it's the philosophy too, of which Adams is a current prime adherent. It goes deep, into the very soul of physical activity and competition.   Worse than Kemp.

The football played under Adams has not been remotely similar to that played under Kemp-do you seriously think that players such as Carey,Fox and Lameiras would have played in the same team under the latter? Argyle do try to play through midfield for a majority of the time,as a matter of fact one criticism that i woulld make is that sometimes it can be over elaborate.For sure they play with a target man as well but the target men employed by Adams are totally different to the Robbie Turner head and elbows style of the Kemp days-even Ladapo,shocking finisher that he is,has some decent touches and brings others into the game quite well.There have been some excellent performances in the Adams era-many of the matches last season were head and shoulders above anything seen between 1989-91 for watchability and whilst not trying to come the "yoom naaat a praaapper" fan routine,it has to be said that someone who has seen only a mere handful of matches at best during his squires boycott [always thought a boycott was a boycott but never mind] isn't really well placed to make sweeping comparisons with a long gone era.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 8:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Joint lowest attempts on goal with the Wombles over the twelve games so far, coming together nicely. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 12:30 pm

I've gone for Oxford 2 Argo 0 on predictions as we have to face Nelse at set pieces and Jamie Mackie up front and can see both scoring, Oxford look like a decent team that are underperfoming. Argo look like a crap team. Probably be 0 0.

If I'd bet on all my hunches recently I'd be quids in. Did Nelse score from set piece?

Last edited by Earwegoagain on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 1:11 pm

M4 is blocked apparently. My boys just messaged saying they're stuck in it going nowhere
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Arrived at the ground. Lovely sunshine but blustery.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Minibus overturned on M4 roads just been cleared apparently now and reopened
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Christ even the Queen is standing up for Team Jimmy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 2:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 2:09 pm

Terrible lineup. Doomed.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 2:11 pm

This game is massive for argo and Adams, lose Pep Pedlars, army of Brief Synopsis nerds will be calling for his head, win then normal arselicking services will resume..... COYG!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Teams warming up.

Argyle had rubber straps round their ankles stretching. It looked like they had their nickers round their ankles! Shocked

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oxford v Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford v Argyle
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next