sufferedsince 68
Jethro
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players Empty
PostSubject: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Derek Adams has insisted it is too early to draw conclusions about his summer recruitment of players at Plymouth Argyle.

That has been one of the issues raised by some of the Green Army to explain the Pilgrims’ dreadful start to their League One campaign.

Adams made 11 new signings over the summer and, in a season of struggle, few, if any of those players have stood out.

The same could be said about the players who were at the club last term, though.

Midfielder Stuart O’Keefe was also brought in on loan from Cardiff City a short while into the season.

Probably the best of the new recruits has been on-loan Arsenal goalkeeper Matt Macey.

The 24-year-old is the only member of the Pilgrims’ squad to have started all 13 of their league games.

When asked about the criticism of his summer recruitment of players, Adams told Plymouth Live: “You are always going to have that.

“You have that every season. Every manager gets asked questions about that.

“There are a number of players from previous years that supporters have tried to say that weren’t going to be good enough for the football club, and then all of a sudden they are the best player in the team.

“You have just got to be careful of making early assumptions. I feel we have got a very good squad.”

Adams believes that conclusions about the success, or otherwise, of summer signings should be left until much later

He said: “If we have got to do that, we should be doing that towards the end of the season, and looking at how we have performed at the end of the season.

“In the modern era, people like to jump onto things very quickly and hang onto it, and then all of a sudden change their mind.”

LEAGUE APPEARANCES BY ARGYLE’S SUMMER SIGNINGS
Matt Macey 13

Freddie Ladapo 11(2)

Ashley Smith-Brown 11

Conor Grant 7

Tafari Moore 7

Scott Wootton 6(2)

Niall Canavan 5(1)

Stuart O’Keefe 5(1)

Peter Grant 4(1)

Joe Riley 4

Calum Dyson 0
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 4:56 pm

So according to Errington the fact Macey has started every game makes him one of the best,
Get the feck out of here....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 4:59 pm

I support Adams, but his recruits are crap the league table unlike the General never lies.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 5:14 pm

How many games in are we? Is it 13? Plus cup games...

That's about 25% of the entire season so the judgements are hardly "snap".

Equally the churn rate in the squad means we have precious few players who hang around more than a season or so so the reason for the making of a swift assessment is obvious.

I'm far from an Adams Out!!er but he really doesn't help himself sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 5:22 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
How many games in are we? Is it 13? Plus cup games...

That's about 25% of the entire season so the judgements are hardly "snap".

Equally the churn rate in the squad means we have precious few players who hang around more than a season or so so the reason for the making of a swift assessment is obvious.

I'm far from an Adams Out!!er but he really doesn't help himself sometimes.

That’s pretty much where I am with this whole mess.

To précis....our crap players really are crap, and our good players are playing crap.

That’s why we’re bottom, Derek.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 5:25 pm

“You have just got to be careful of making early assumptions. I feel we have got a very good squad.”

Agree Derek is not helping himself here, saying the fanbase is making early assumptions is patronising and ridiculous, people are basing criticism on the quality of performance as well as points total, there is absolutely nothing obvious which says we have a very good squad.
Not many good squads get relegated only poor ones, this is a poor squad of his choosing and on Brents austerity budget we know that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 5:55 pm

11 crap recruits Del - you chose every one of them. I've backed you till a couple of games back, but it's shocking fella, the door is that'a way!!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 6:02 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
11 crap recruits Del - you chose every one of them. I've backed you till a couple of games back, but it's shocking fella, the door is that'a way!!

I was impressed by how well Peter Grant played at Charlton when he came on as a sub...fitted in ok seeing it was his first time in the league team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 6:07 pm

DA hasn't become a bad manager in nearly a 1/3 of a season. We've seen what he can achieve with his shite budget.  What I don't understand is his inability to get anything out of them this season, and his absolutely mind boggling tactics at times.

I believe there's potential in this squad. Why can't DA drag it out of them? Is he doing a Jose? lost all interest? waiting for the chop?

At the moment, we have an utter crock of shite in it's entirety - on and off the field.

And some super fans wonder why people lose all interest and faith in what has become a perennial shite-fest following Argo!

Last edited by P.O.I on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 6:17 pm

It's a complete disaster thus far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Del bhey can attack the fanbase all he likes but its not going to deflect any responsibility fr our poor performances and league placing being down to his acceptance of a shit transfer budget and singing the players in the first place.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Austerity budget sums it up perhaps that’s all the shit he could get for the money he was given cos surely none of that shower of shit couldn’t have been his first choice! Peanuts & monkeys senario
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Bandwagon wrote:

i don't want to be in the adams out camp but I am cause theres always an excuse or a way to get out of taking the flack,
Take your slice of the blame Derek then we can talk,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Angry wrote:
Del bhey can attack the fanbase all he likes but its not going to deflect any responsibility fr our poor performances and league placing being down to his acceptance of a shit transfer budget and singing the players in the first place.

this exactly Good Post
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 7:49 pm

Yes, wait until the end of the season.

They everyone can say "we should have done something 6 months ago"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 pm

zyph wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

I was impressed by how well Peter Grant played at Charlton when he came on as a sub...fitted in ok seeing it was his first time in the league team.
That's ok Zyph, sure you've seen this bunch more than have at close hand, I've relied on my son and 2 st holders for the home games reports - the Pompey and Oxford games I've attended have been absolute howlers. Cheers!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
zyph wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

That's ok Zyph, sure you've seen this bunch more than have at close hand, I've relied on my son and 2 st holders for the home games reports - the Pompey and Oxford games I've attended have been absolute howlers. Cheers!!

To be fair, Peter Grant has been ok since coming into the defence probably one of the better signing del has made. Edwards has been a real let down this season along with wootton and caravan.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 9:29 pm

It's a relegation squad - simples, Dereks arrogance/complacency along with a board with no vision or ambition = failure.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 12:15 am

Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
zyph wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

To be fair, Peter Grant has been ok since coming into the defence probably one of the better signing del has made. Edwards has been a real let down this season along with wootton and caravan.

thing is realistically , After his illness can we really blame Edwards for being a let down ?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 6:45 am

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
zyph wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

thing is realistically , After his illness can we really blame Edwards for being a let down ?

Jethro I saw Edwards for the first time right at the start of the 2017/18 season away at Walsall and I said to my lad he was slow and out of his depth. You'll find many reference from me on Edwards pre illness.
He's simply not good enough when he was signed or now
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 7:10 am

None of those signings will get another league club when they leave Akkeron. When O'Keefe is released by Cardiff he'll be lucky if Merthyr Tydfi offer him a deal. He's rubbish. Akkeron -utter crap on and off the pitch.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 7:29 am

Freathy wrote:
  When O'Keefe is released by Cardiff he'll be lucky if Merthyr Tydfi offer him a deal.  He's rubbish.  Akkeron -utter crap on and off the pitch.

lol and if you recall the farm were claiming Warnock was doing us a favour. No you cretins what he was doing was offloading part of a salary of a player he knew was crap
Welcome to HP where shit is acceptable on and off the pitch
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 7:43 am

we will stay up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 7:57 am

Looking forward to Del squirming further as the season progresses. Something is rotten, and it's not just Brent now. The physical outward signs of the club tells it's own story of chaos.  Scott Wootton part of a good squad ? you're having a wee chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 8:50 am

beesrus wrote:
Looking forward to Del squirming further as the season progresses. Something is rotten, and it's not just Brent now. The physical outward signs of the club tells it's own story of chaos.  Scott Wootton part of a good squad ? you're having a wee chuckle.

Interesting first two words of that post."Looking forward" to seeing a manager squirm who has in reality been one of the more successful ones in Argyle's history in rather hamstrung circumstances.A particularly nasty and ugly piece of schadenfreude,probably says more about your character than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players   Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players Empty

Back to top Go down

Derek Adams responds to criticism over recruitment of players
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next