Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.

Go down 
+27
Tringreen
PatDunne
tigertony
Big Robby
Grace Less
TJOA
shonbo
Innocent Egbunike
zyph
Greenskin
lawnmowerman
harvetheslayer
#SHITARTIST
Yea Man
Chemical Ali
Mook
Czarcasm
Freathy
RegGreen
argyl3
Grovehill
PlymptonPilgrim
sufferedsince 68
Jethro
Earwegoagain
akagreengull
Les Miserable
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 8:32 pm

oh so you have learnt from the summer then, this is you're fault adams
“We’re trying to get in a good quality player, we’re not just going to take in players to make up numbers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 8:54 pm

funny cause the others teams have strengthen ok maybe not all their intended targets but still managed to strengthen their squads for the final push.

Although we know what Threlkeld can do and Jones i hope is Coughlan reborn however those two alone are not going to strengthen our squad to the point fans are going to be sensing we are staying up when this time last year it was we are going up.

We have a smaller squad now with more outgoings than incomings so we are going to have to hope we avoid too many injuries and suspension. I would say bad form but Del never changes a team win lose or draw unless he has too February to may is going to be an interesting time.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 7:11 am

When it was being reported in the last couple days that Adams was after a striker, clearly that meant there was a fair chance Ladapo could he off.

In a perverse way it’s probably his inability to get anyone in that has meant Ladapo stays. Having just sicknote Taylor as our realistic striker option would have been off the scale bonkers. So weirdly that’s worked in our favour.

The Jones transfer is simply one reserve centre-back for another - Grant. So it is still defensively that we are vulnerable. We haven’t lost Ladapo Carey or Lameiras. So attackwise we still have plenty enough in terms of creativity.

Let’s hope the lack of signing a commanding centre-back doesn’t cost us dear.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 8:55 am

Yep, we managed to keep who we needed to keep but don't seem to have strengthened much, if at all in our most vulnerable department. Time will tell if it's enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 9:00 am

Slightly underwhelmed, however I did wonder about the striker Adam’s was alledgely after as we do appear ok in that department, so not to fussed about that, it’s the defence which has been a concern but it’s wait and see what happens now.

Although I see Joe Mason had his contract paid up yesterday, so maybe another signing is possible, clutching at straws perhaps but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 11:00 am

Well I predicted we'd do exactly what we have done although we haven't had the CCC loan I predicted so in short it's shitter than even I thought it would be.
Are we allowed to call it as shite now Graiser?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 12:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Well I predicted we'd do exactly what we have done although we haven't had the CCC loan I predicted so in short it's shitter than even I thought it would be.

You can call it shite whenever you like old chap, it doesn’t bother me in the slightest and I won’t call you out, but if at any time my opinion differs from yours or anybody else’s for that matter just remember it’s a 2 way street.

FWIW I think it’s partly shite only because I’m not certain we needed an extra striker, defence yes, midfield maybe (but Oscar is the cover for there according to Adam’s)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 1:56 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You can call it shite whenever you like old chap, it doesn’t bother me in the slightest and I won’t call you out, but if at any time my opinion differs from yours or anybody else’s for that matter just remember it’s a 2 way street.

FWIW I think it’s partly shite only because I’m not certain we needed an extra striker, defence yes, midfield maybe (but Oscar is the cover for there according to Adam’s)

Fwiw you said the other day judge the window when it's closed, it's closed we are shite.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 2:08 pm

You are just preaching to the eternally grateful mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
When it was being reported in the last couple days that Adams was after a striker, clearly that meant there was a fair chance Ladapo could he off.

In a perverse way it’s probably his inability to get anyone in that has meant Ladapo stays. Having just sicknote Taylor as our realistic striker option would have been off the scale bonkers. So weirdly that’s worked in our favour.

The Jones transfer is simply one reserve centre-back for another - Grant. So it is still defensively that we are vulnerable. We haven’t lost Ladapo Carey or Lameiras. So attackwise we still have plenty enough in terms of creativity.

Let’s hope the lack of signing a commanding centre-back doesn’t cost us dear.  

I refuse to believe the herald's claim that the club turn that much down as we all know the club needs the cash and would have driven Ladapo to Sunderland themselves to get the deal done. This would have been the case whether Deluded Del brought in a striker or not. A plymouth price cant be refused ever.

I hope the club now starts contract talks with Lamerias and Carey and get them signed up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 3:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Fwiw you said the other day judge the window when it's closed, it's closed we are shite.

I did and FWIW if you read it properly I also mentioned May end of season, and if you read my initial response to your post I’m partly agreeing with you so we’re not to far apart are we.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 3:50 pm

akagreengull wrote:
You are just preaching to the eternally grateful mate.

He’s not and I’m not, let’s hope we have a good end of season though, as I’m sure you do also.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Side note
Joe mason is now a free agent.....
We do need to replace Dyson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 6:24 pm

Jethro wrote:
Side note

Are Argyle going to show ambition and try and bring him back and actually pay him this time around/
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 6:31 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Side note

Are Argyle going to show ambition and try and bring him back and actually pay him this time around/

Well if it was difficult to pay what wolves wanted maybe not,

But I hope so would show some ambition and get a bit of heat off Adams and the Board,

Going forward with Freddie and Taylor as our two out and out strikers,
Is insanity,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Former Plymouth Argyle striker Joe Mason is now a free agent after leaving Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The 27-year-old would have been out of contract at the Premier League club at the end of this season.

However, he had his deal cancelled by mutual consent on transfer deadline day.

That means Mason can sign for another club even though the January transfer window has passed.

Argyle manager Derek Adams has had an interest in signing Mason in the past.

However, the wages he was on at Wolves made that too expensive for the Pilgrims to pursue any further.

Mason had a loan spell at Portsmouth earlier this season but made only one substitute appearance for them in League One.

Adams told Plymouth Live in early January: “We have spoken to Wolves in the past about him before he went to Portsmouth. Financially, it was difficult at that moment in time

“We do monitor the situation but he does have other options to look to, which he has to at that stage in his career.”

It remains to be seen whether Adams will renew his interest in Mason now he is a free agent.

The Pilgrims’ boss had been hoping to sign ‘forward-thinking player’ on transfer deadline day but that did not materialise.

Also, out-of-favour striker Calum Dyson completed a loan move to League Two side Stevenage.

So it would make sense for Adams to try to find a free agent to bolster the attacking options open to him.

Mason began his career at Argyle before he was sold to Cardiff City for £250,000 in 2011.

He was transferred to Wolves for £3.5 million five years later and went on to score eight goals in a total of 21 starts and 18 substitute appearances.

However, the last time he played for Wolves was in May 2017, since when he had been on loan to Burton Albion, Colorado Rapids in the MLS and Portsmouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 6:58 pm

Wonder why Mason’s career stalled ?

I know I’m in dreamland but I see Joe Ledley became a free agent yesterday, sooner see someone like him come in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Side note

Well if it was difficult to pay what wolves wanted maybe not,

But I hope so would show some ambition and get a bit of heat off  Adams and the Board,

Going forward with Freddie and Taylor as our two out and out strikers,
Is insanity,

i wasnt on about wolves i was referring to the time he was here and we where in administration, he was sold pretty much for a plymouth price to Cardiff however while in admin you cant refuse offers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 7:12 pm

Graiser wrote:

I know I’m in dreamland but I see Joe Ledley became a free agent yesterday, sooner see someone like him come in.

i wouldnt mind seeing him here too. Club couldnt be ambitious and get these two in even if its just till the end of the season could they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 7:38 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

i wouldnt mind seeing him here too. Club couldnt be ambitious and get these two in even if its just till the end of the season could they?

I’d certainly like to see the club take a punt on Ledley, just a bit wary about Mason as I think we’re all writing about the player he was a few years ago, his career has certainly nosedived since then, if his wages are realistic then maybe worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 8:34 pm

We'd be better off taking a punt on a few young players who might be the next Mason, we've been good at it in the past. Nowadays it's about trying to find enough average payers to stave off relegation for another year. It wouLd speak volumes if we did sign him as there are loads of clubs with better funds than us who would sign him if worth it.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 8:48 pm

I expect Ledley & Mason were each on £1m + per year contracts.
That's Tesco prices and Argyle only shop in Poundland.

Those 2 together would cost more than the entire first team squad

As for taking a punt on young players, Adams has got to be one of the worst judges of a player PAFC has ever employed-just look at Dyson. He even lost money on Blisset, a player bought for £15k when TUFC were desperate for cash. I wouldn't trust Adams to sign his own name.

Last edited by Grovehill on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 pm

There's a few players that are free I wish we took a punt on,
Mason would be nice but can't see it,
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 pm

I get that but if he were any good now why didn't Sunderland or Pompey sign him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 8:53 pm

Mason can’t command a wage like that anymore, always a  financial chance with him, doubt it with Ledley though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.   Transfer window news.....Ins (lol)  and outs. - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer window news.....Ins (lol) and outs.
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next