argyl3
akagreengull
Jethro
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 12:55 pm

BEST wishes to everyone for a happy and successful New Year!

At the moment, most of our supporters, including me, are paying most attention to the first team – to performances on the pitch; to possible activity in the January transfer window; and to how we can best assure a steady rise up League One.

The best person to speak on those issues, is, of course, Derek Adams, so I will not tread on his turf, but rather confine this letter to other activities and plans throughout the broader club. Please do not think that implies anything about our short-term priorities – avoiding the threat of relegation is front and centre for everyone who can assist in that battle.

Beyond the first team, here are some of the main issues on which we have been focusing:

Academy Strategy
OUR long-term aim is to have a steady flow of high quality players who will graduate from the Academy and achieve their ambition of first-team football, either with us, or with another professional club.

That means that we have had to change the structure slightly, so there is a path from our Under-16s through to the Under-18s and, from there, to the first team, enabling players who have come up through our Academy to stay with us until they are ready for first-team football.

In particular, we’ve introduced a Reserve squad, which now plays in the Premier League Cup and the Central League. We are seeing more Academy players make it to the first team, most recently Luke Jephcott, whom I saw make his debut at Rochdale last month.

We will continue to develop the strategy for the Academy and look for ways to enable us to compete, both in our home territory and outside, for the talent we need.

Plymouth Argyle Ladies FC
AS part of our goal to be “Only One Argyle”, we have made some progress this year in bringing Plymouth Argyle Ladies FC under the wing of the main club.

There is more that we can do, and we have asked Ladies chairman Chris French to work with club director Jo Cubbon to develop a proposal for ways in which the club can better support PALFC.

These are exciting times for women’s football, and, with the women’s World Cup coming up in France next year, and the European Championships being held in England in 2021, we would like to take advantage of the surrounding publicity to show that Argyle fully supports football as a sport in which both men and women can participate at a high level.

Of course, we also hope that, by showing our support for women’s football, we will be able to entice more women to come and watch our first team.

Home Park Family Zone
FURTHER along the above lines, we have made great strides in our offering to families, with a renovated Family Zone that is widely recognised as a terrific facility for our fans who bring their children to watch Argyle. We want more of them to do so!

These youngsters are, of course, the fans of the future, on which the long-term success of the club will be built. We already offer attractive season-ticket prices, and the occasional “Kids for a Quid” expands that offer to those who do not want to commit to a full season of matches.

Even further, I was thrilled that our assessment from the EFL of Family Excellence gave us a terrific review.

This was after only the first of two anonymous visits the EFL’s assessor will make this year, but we scored full marks for friendliness, and extremely high marks on all other criteria.

What is more, there were some very constructive suggestions about how we can improve even further. When implemented, these will solidify our position among the leaders in our family offering in the EFL, not just in League One.

Transparency and Engagement
WE had a successful Fans’ Forum in December, which was well-attended despite having to have it on a Thursday night because the possible venues were booked on Saturdays both before and after home games.

You can see the video online here.https://youtu.be/A3SZA_MnR84

We also published answers to those questions we could not get to here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If we missed any out, apologies, but let me know.

Chief executive Michael Dunford has also outlined his plans for a Fan Assembly, to which various groups of supporters, including season-ticket holders, will send representatives. We are planning the first meeting for this month.

To date, nine supporter groups have formally accepted an invitation to join the Assembly. We are now seeking individual nominations online. We expect to hold four meetings each season and that meetings will coincide with home games.

We have committed to being more transparent about the club’s finances, without giving away commercial secrets. We are currently seeking input as to what information is most widely found useful.

We are also working on moving our financial reporting to a June year end, consistent with other clubs in the EFL. It takes time though, so please be patient.

Vision and Values
WE have been working for a while on a statement of the club’s Vision and Values, which I hope will make clear to all what are our long-term goals and what sort of culture we think needs to be in place in order to achieve those goals.

We will be publishing that statement early in the New Year, along with other pieces that we hope will make clear our policies in respect of abuse, whether online or in person. It should be clear that we will not tolerate abuse of our staff, and will take strong action against people who are abusive. We also want to make clear, though, the grounds for any action we take and the appeal process against it.

I should make it clear that abuse is not the same as criticism, or even as booing. Boo away – our job is to give you nothing to boo about on match-day!

Feel free to criticise and make suggestions. I am happy to answer all suggestions and address all advice from people who are clearly well-meaning in offering it.

I will not, though, deal with people being unpleasant to me, or about my Argyle colleagues. I will be the sole judge of hostility!

I have been delighted at the feedback that I have had to my last letter, and with the emails sent to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. They have either been supportive, which is encouraging, or very constructive in criticism and suggestions. We have taken those suggestions on board.

One example is in our pricing of food and drink at Home Park. We are experimenting with lower pricing, particularly before matches. At half-time, where we struggle with coping with existing demand, we first need to deal with the queues, and I thank you for the suggestions we’ve had there as well.

When it comes to social media, we will unblock users from our Twitter and Facebook accounts in the New Year. Anyone subsequently blocked will be able to appeal against that decision.

Grandstand Development
THERE is not much to add to the reports on the Grandstand that Jon Back sends out, so I will just say that we are now beyond the pulling-down phase – and at the point where we start to see the new take over from the old. That should be exciting for all of us.

Charity Policy
AS you can imagine, we receive a lot of requests every year to make donations to charities. We have done our best to accommodate them in the past, and will continue to do so, but we have not been as consistent or as clear about our policy as we could have been.

We will publish the policy very soon. Importantly, we will commit to supporting local, not national charities. Further, I am afraid that we will continue to limit the number of match-day collections to eight a season. The result is that there is a waiting-list to hold these at Home Park.

That is it from me. I hope everyone has enjoyed Christmas, and that the New Year brings success, for our team, our club, and for you and your families.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:00 pm

All sounds great from Si until one looks at the league table.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:03 pm

Yeah he's setting out a good stall so far,
Short term hopefully he does all he can to support the team staying up.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:07 pm

I would say that statement pins responsibility for team firmly at Derek's door, if it all goes south, Derek is the fall guy 100% Mr Hallett is effectively saying, team and budget requests are Derek's problem not mine.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:10 pm

The academy wants sorting thats for sure we are not producing good enough youngsters for whatever reason.
The main focus should be avoid relegation at all cost by backing the manager so he can sign players that a club with ten thousand fans should be signing.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:12 pm

argyl3 wrote:
I would say that statement pins responsibility for team firmly at Derek's door, if it all goes south, Derek is the fall guy 100% Mr Hallett is effectively saying, team and budget requests are Derek's problem not mine.

does beg the question,
is there a clause to cancel the remaining 4 years of his contract if he takes us back down....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:18 pm

If argo do get relegated there is no way Adams could stay as manager.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:21 pm

You would hope so, But after the shit sandwich Brent served us wouldn't be so sure, it would be easy or cheap to get rid
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 3:31 pm

Ticks all the boxes for what to say as CEO of a business.

However, as has been pointed out, the "business" of football is all about winning matches.

In that respect, the glaringly obvious omissions are any comments about supporting the manager, wanting to see an improvement in results, money to improve the squad etc. etc.

It's a bit like Teresa May making a statement saying "I won't talk about Brexit because someone else is dealing with that, but everything else if fine"
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 3:55 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Let me finish your sentence for you.......at any normal club.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 3:59 pm

In fact reading between the lines it's obvious what Hallett is really saying,

With the well below average budget we've given Adams it would be a miracle for him to be competitive with his hands literally tied behind his back. So we have channelled all the money we can possibly spare from the team budget into the mank over budget and if necessary we will hold onto Adams services when the inevitable relegation happens as we believe he's a great league 2 manager.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:39 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Let me finish your sentence for you.......at any normal club.

Correct answer , What colour would you like your Janner banner
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 6:09 pm

The Academy getting much needed attention is obviously very good. But apart from that, Hallett is misjudging the mood of the fanbase.

Communication is good! But all anyone is really interested in this January is the first team, and what exactly is going to be done by Adams (with support from the Board) to sort out the mess we find ourselves in. Though I appreciate the proof of the pudding will be where we find ourselves as a squad come Feb 1st.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 7:05 pm

Adams must be backed with a decent budget that what the fans want, forget the happy clappy nonsense all efforts must be to avoid relegation then look at the community stuff.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 7:10 pm

argyl3 wrote:

Well DA is director of football he gets paid for taking responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 9:47 am

Somebody needs to ask Simon Hallet if all of his tennants are paying rent now or is Mr 30% getting rent free terms for the pavilions and his ticketing agency?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 am

Just firing an email off with some feedback asking for a chance to buy tickets on the turnstile .

seems like from this and hislast blog he wants to engage so why not
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 10:29 am

Nothing to lose bhey.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 10:53 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Nothing to lose bhey.

Exactly, I Mean realisticly for me at least, I could decide on a whim , I want to go to a game, but after a 2 hour journey down don't really want to stand in a queue at the ticket office,
Thats whats put me off before not even the shit football, its the queuing,

I will report any response I get,
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 10:58 am

Jethro wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Nothing to lose bhey.

Exactly, I Mean realisticly for me at least, I could decide on a whim , I want to go to a game, but after a 2 hour journey down don't really want to stand in a queue at the ticket office,
Thats whats put me off before not even the shit football, its the queuing,

I will report any response I get,

Or atleast accept the tickets to be read on mobile device and not the need to print them. Ticketmaster already offer tickets this way so it's not like it will cost the club anything to implement. Buy a ticket in less than a minute and get the qr code scanned at turnstiles.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 1:04 pm

only problem with ticketmaster is the fees,that are higher then normal process fees
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 1:13 pm

Jethro wrote:
only problem with ticketmaster is the fees,that are higher then normal process fees

For the sake of the 75 pence fee, it's a small price to pay to save the hassle of a trip to the theatre of screams in advance to get a ticket.
Point is that Ticketmaster (at the consent of it's client) allow Etickets to be scanned on devices instead of a printed ticket. Argyle clearly don't consent to this.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 1:41 pm

There's the choice of a fee to buy tickets online in advance (I believe as well as a fee to print your own tickets at home), or an additional matchday surcharge on the day. Vive la difference.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Jethro

Jethro

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 2:07 pm

I ended up paying £2 per ticket to print tickets for pavillions off a little while back. would have been the same if i collected them, but 75p isn't too bad to pay, its the paying extra ontop of that for buyi9ng on the day that takes the piss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chairman's Chat 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Chat 2    Chairman's Chat 2  Empty

Back to top Go down

Chairman's Chat 2
Page 1 of 1