PatDunne
akagreengull
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Jethro wrote:
Mr feckin contradictory
He added: “We have come in for a lot of criticism from a lot of people but we don’t listen to it.

“We take it on board, we move on"
If your taking it on board your listening to it you feckin bellend,

Jesus wept,this site is becoming dominated by the rantings of this obsessive chap.Can't he be sent over to the farm or not606 with Captain sensible or whatever he was called?
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:15 pm

To anyone being negative....I understand, but that was a really good attacking performance. At times, in the 2nd half, we were unplayable. Make no mistake, Argyle deserved this win. We showed grit, determination and no little skill in going 3-0 up. The team are completely together.

2-3 flatters Southend. Questionable penalty (from the far end view) and a speculative punt, where Letheren was possibly a bit sleepy. We were fun to watch and Lameiras was off the scale, enjoying himself and making the Southend defenders look bang average.

Lots to be positive about. The whole team did well but big props for Sarcevic, Ladapo, Lameiras and Carey. Smith-Brown too. Southend were awful but we didn’t look like a team going down...and that following Wimbledon on Boxing Day when I fancied we were doomed.

Lameiras firing takes the pressure off Carey, meaning League One defences have two really talented forwards to manage at once. Think it might well be as simple as that.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:18 pm

Cheers innocent, it sounded fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Just got it from an afternoon's shoot on Dartmoor.

Bleddy ell. Another 3 points! Something isn't right.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
To anyone being negative....I understand, but that was a really good attacking performance. At times, in the 2nd half, we were unplayable. Make no mistake, Argyle deserved this win. We showed grit, determination and no little skill in going 3-0 up. The team are completely together.

2-3 flatters Southend. Questionable penalty (from the far end view) and a speculative punt, where Letheren was possibly a bit sleepy. We were fun to watch and Lameiras was off the scale, enjoying himself and making the Southend defenders look bang average.

Lots to be positive about. The whole team did well but big props for Sarcevic, Ladapo, Lameiras and Carey. Smith-Brown too. Southend were awful but we didn’t look like a team going down...and that following Wimbledon on Boxing Day when I fancied we were doomed.

Lameiras firing takes the pressure off Carey, meaning League One defences have two really talented forwards to manage at once. Think it might well be as simple as that.

Thanks, Inno. Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:30 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Good man-an objective and rational post.It was a harsh penalty but it seemed on SSN the shot was destined for the top corner so maybe it was a fair outcome on balance. Don't think i've ever seen a goal scored from further out than their second-credit to the guy for trying it and i suppose Letherhan can't be blamed for being on the edge of his area-his attempt to get back did look quite comical though.Good win overall and with Threlkeld back and hopefully a couple more decent signings things are looking a bit brighter,should be enough strength and talent within the squad to climb the table further-the form since that awful 3 points from 10 games start has actually been reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Mr feckin contradictory
He added: “We have come in for a lot of criticism from a lot of people but we don’t listen to it.

Jesus wept,this site is becoming dominated by the rantings of this obsessive chap.Can't he be sent over to the farm or not606 with Captain sensible or whatever he was called?
Yeah I don't think so,
if you don't like it why don't you leave instead, knob
You wanna dig go buy yourself a spade. salute
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

IE Thanks for that breakdown of the match, good to know how we really played, we’re always ready to have a pop at Argyle when we play crap and generally, as has been the case this season, lose, but it should work the other way as well.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

No one wants Argyle to get relegated, but this was just one game and only the 7th win in 27 matches. the reality is that Argyle are averaging a point a game which means we'll end the season with 46 points when we'll probably need 50 to stay up-so 23 points needed, 6 wins five draws probably. That's a big ask, and I don't think DA's the man to do it-his player purchases have been poor (just look at the high turnover) and his record over a season and a half at this level is bad, the main concern being that he doesn't seem to have learnt from last season how to win games at this level. At least Sturrock adapted the team after their first season in this league.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Taken over a season, you are right - but it doesn’t take account of form, as Greenskin pointed out.

I don’t see us every week but I was there at Luton, Dons and today - a fair recent snapshot. The team didn’t go overboard at the final whistle - clapped the fans and went off. I got the sense they know they have to keep doing it, grinding it out.

Nothing is certain but all of a sudden this doesn’t feel like the Kemp/Reid/Jones/Sturrock-Mariner relegation seasons. Time will tell, of course.

I can’t emphasise how good Lameiras was today. If you get the chance to watch the whole highlights, check out his general skills in the 2nd 45 minutes. Pure pleasure to watch.

Big couple of home games coming up. If Argyle stay on the front foot, there is no reason why we shouldn’t be looking up, not down.

Cue a thumping at home by Cov
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Mr feckin contradictory

Sensiblegreenie I think he is still ranting away, Captain Sensible still plays in the wonderful Damned. geek

Last edited by akagreengull on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

No one wants Argyle to get relegated, but this was just one game and only the 7th win in 27 matches. the reality is that Argyle are averaging a point a game which means we'll end the season with 46 points when we'll probably need 50 to stay up-so 23 points needed, 6 wins five draws probably. That's a big ask, and I don't think DA's the man to do it-his player purchases have been poor (just look at the high turnover) and his record over a season and a half at this level is bad, the main concern being that he doesn't seem to have learnt from last season how to win games at this level. At least Sturrock adapted the team after their first season in this league.

Going forward and in midfield we are fine. It's defensively we've not replaced like for like in terms of quality. Simple as that really.

Sawyer coming back will instill a bit of nous. Likewise Oscar with his energy. Macey/Letheren is a weakness that we are looking like having to carry, and I'd like to see a dominant CB brought in. But there are definitely more grounds to be optimistic. The table is stacked right up at the bottom now.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Jethro wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Mr feckin contradictory

Yeah I don't think so,
if you don't like it why don't you leave instead, knob
You wanna dig go buy yourself a spade. salute

Certainly won't be leaving ATD at your bidding sir. Anyway, thought you said you'd blocked me out last week? I was surprised at the literacy of the post in which you said that you were going to,was expecting more along the lines of feck off ya fecking cnut.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 pm

looking at the stats of the game im struggling to understand del bhey bigging up our performance as if we totally out played southend. We won which the most important thing at the end of the day but just for once can he stop bullshitting.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 12:06 am

It's like this Angers, we've all just done a seven year stretch because of Brent, we now have to endure a five year stretch of Adams because of Brent. Luckily Brent is in solitary. Anyway in the meantime keep your nose clean and do your time.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 1:10 am

Really like Innocent's precis. It sounds very like the impression I got from commentary which is very rare.

This may sound daft but ASB at RB puts him in is best position and Sawyer while no world beater is well steady at LB.

If we can get our CBs sorted we'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 6:39 am

Trouble is, that if the miracle escape is performed, the end of season pay/contract talks will likely lead to the departure of key players and more poundshop rebuilding......... and repeat.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 7:20 am

Tringreen wrote:
Trouble is, that if the miracle escape is performed, the end of season pay/contract talks will likely lead to the departure of key players and more poundshop rebuilding......... and repeat.

Exactly...
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 8:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If Letheren didn't have the speed and agility of a lame Shire horse, he'd have saved their 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 9:14 am

Its like he thought it was going over him and just completely misjudged it, got himself in a complete flap and was falling over as it went past him at knee height.

Still probably a better option than Macey.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 9:17 am

Clearly we have goalkeeping issues this season, would Macey have saved that - possibly. If we limp over the line and survive it will be hard to find another Remi for the next campaign.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 10:13 am

Top day out yesterday on the ale up in Sarfend.

No sign of any bacon either which I thought odd.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 10:34 am

Angry wrote:
looking at the stats of the game im struggling to understand del bhey bigging up our performance as if we totally out played southend. We won which the most important thing at the end of the day but just for once can he stop bullshitting.

Sounds as if Innocent must have been bullshitting as well then.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 am

akagreengull wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Mr feckin contradictory

Sensiblegreenie I think he is still ranting away, Captain Sensible still plays in the wonderful Damned. geek

Saw The Damned a couple of times-first at one of their many farewell concerts at the Rainbow in London and a bit later at the 400 club in Torquay,circa 1979. It was so loud and the acoustics were so bad that you couldn't actually tell which song they were playing but a fun evening of sorts.They had an unusual support act called Auntie Pus who only had one song called Halfway to Venezuela and whose chief talent was to pull his prick out and offer two quid to anyone in the audience who had a smaller one lol! Can't remember if anyone took the offer up and didn't hear much about him afterwards but i suppose at least he's still being talked about on ATD.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 10:44 am

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:

Sounds as if Innocent must have been bullshitting as well then.

Hahaha - yeah, I can assure you I wasn’t. I’m long in the tooth enough to call out a stinker when I see one but, equally, credit where it is due. Of course, it is quite possible that being starved of seeing anything decent in recent times I mistook some decent play for watching Brazil. I’d also reiterate that Southend were terrible.

Still, came away with a warm glow of a well-deserved away win and was behind the goal for 2 of our strikes. Doesn’t get much better than that - it’s why we bother, isn’t it?

Long way to go but even the defence looked better yesterday. If we can bring in a mobile centre back and Canavan stays fit, I reckon we can climb the table quite nicely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southend 15:00 Plymouth   Southend 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Southend 15:00 Plymouth
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next