lawnmowerman
Jethro
Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 4:31 pm

I’ll be surprised if this happens, nice surprise though, but I do wonder if we’re dreaming about the Mason of a few years ago, not sure if he’s the same player.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 10:30 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
This is just adams/hallett/30% pretending to be ambitious after the utter shiteness of the Jan transfer window didn't go unnoticed by most normal Argo fans.  Obviously he'll go elsewhere.

HALLETT OUT
Spot on, Freathy, is an expert on the Brent Twins.
Joe wont be joining on shit money if two other clubs want him, argo the club with no money despite tomorrows sell out and averaging ten thousand wont compete, so shaddup and happy clap like you mean it. geek geek geek

laugh

Get your photoshoot with Mike Bickle here !
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 10:36 pm

Graiser wrote:
I’ll be surprised if this happens, nice surprise though, but  I do wonder if we’re dreaming about the Mason of a few years ago, not sure if he’s the same player.

Charlton supposed to be interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 10:43 pm

zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
I’ll be surprised if this happens, nice surprise though, but  I do wonder if we’re dreaming about the Mason of a few years ago, not sure if he’s the same player.

Charlton supposed to be interested.

With 3 players gone and only 2 in, plus whatever surplus budget Adams already had hopefully he can find some loose change and offer a competitive contract, I won’t hold my breath on it though!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 11:02 pm

Go Greens. Feck me you lot are gullible if it was happening we wouldn't know jack shit until it happened. Case closed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 11:21 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Go Greens. Feck me you lot are gullible if it was happening we wouldn't know jack shit until it happened. Case closed.

Talk about stating the obvious, you’ve been fencing with SFD too much, it’s affecting your brain
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 1:08 am

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 8:37 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

If Errington has anything about him, next time he interviews Adams he’d ask him why he’s mentioned Mason when he famously “never comments on speculation”
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 10:09 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

If Errington has anything about him, next time he interviews Adams he’d ask him why he’s mentioned Mason when he famously “never comments on speculation”

Get the impression that Errington is shit scared of Adams (I don't blame him, the guy comes off as a bit of a psycho).

I liked Mason first time around. The few times I saw him, he showed great awareness and feet. Could be a Trigger-like homecoming....or he could go to Charlton for the dosh.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 12:07 pm

I don't think errington is scared of Adams cause he's been properly getting under Adams's skin lately
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Has Mason, turned down the twins ambitious offer of a six week contract on minimum wage with a ten quid bonus if he scores thirty goals?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 7:16 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Has Mason, turned down the twins ambitious offer of a six week contract on minimum wage with a ten quid bonus if he scores thirty goals?

Probably.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Why would he want to come to a team that can barely create any chances and in all likely hood will end up on the bench like Jones and Oscar,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Claims on Twitter he was seen in the carpark before the game....
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 9:27 pm

CE: Anything on Joe Mason?

DA: No

CE: You haven’t heard back?

DA: No

CE: And the deadline is tomorrow?

DA: Yes

CE: What happens if there is no answer before the deadline?

DA: There is not an agreement is there?

CE: So would you knock it on the head completely then?

DA: We will have to discuss that before the deadline finishes. We are not going to hang about. We move on.

We would like him to come to the football club. Discussions just now are between myself and the agent.

We need to obviously speak to Joe to see if he wants to come to the football club. He might want to go somewhere else.

CE: Do you know if there is any interest from other clubs?

DA: Yes, there is.

CE: Which is hardly surprising is it really, a player of his pedigree?

DA: That is correct.

Del's too easily wound up.

Shame Errington didn't have a spine when Brent was in charge to ask challenging questions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 11:39 pm

hes not coming. the club isnt going to offer him the money hes been on or close to it.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:13 am

Then why would he come out and say something,
He's set himself up to fail.

IF Mason has gone else where,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 am

Wherever he goes to he wouldn’t attract the salary he’s been used to for the last few years, he’s not a 3.5 million player anymore and his career has stalled.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 8:28 am

Interest from other clubs who offer the going rate obviously means he will be going elsewhere.  I think adams, hallett et al knew full well Mason wouldn't accept their piss take of an offer but went public with it to make it look like they are ambitious after doing zip in the transfer window when we're deep in a relegation scrap.

HALLETT OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 am

Obviously joe isnt that impressed with that shit clubshop enough to e convinced the club have the right intentions.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 11:41 am

Charlton are in for him apparently. That would be the end of that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 11:47 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Charlton are in for him apparently. That would be the end of that.

Another player who wants to live nearer his family, how do we compete with that?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:06 pm

Jethro wrote:

Mason is a Pennycross lad, ain't he!

Unlike most deals this one is a bit too close to home at the player's end for there to be any realistic hope of keeping the negotiations totally under wraps so in anticipation of everything coming out anyway the club has gone public.

Or it might just be a silly game played against a wider backdrop.

Or maybe there is an affiliation between club and player (or agent) and us going public applies a bit of leverage at the Charlton (or elsewhere) end?

Or maybe similar applies but we are looking for a different player to sign altogether and he may think the chance has gone if we sign Mason and so puts pen to paper sharpish?

Or maybe the Herald simply found out and were going to print with it but asked Adams first and this how it looks once the spin machine has done with it?

Who knows? This is football. Anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Mason is a Pennycross lad, ain't he!

Unlike most deals this one is a bit too close to home at the player's end for there to be any realistic hope of keeping the negotiations totally under wraps so in anticipation of everything coming out anyway the club has gone public.

Or it might just be a silly game played against a wider backdrop.

Or maybe there is an affiliation between club and player (or agent) and us going public applies a bit of leverage at the Charlton (or elsewhere) end?

Or maybe similar applies but we are looking for a different player to sign altogether and he may think the chance has gone if we sign Mason and so puts pen to paper sharpish?

Or maybe the Herald simply found out and were going to print with it but asked Adams first and this how it looks once the spin machine has done with it?

Who knows? This is football. Anything can happen.

i thought he was from peverell myself, trevor francis was from pennycross though.

Joe i think wil do whats best for his career and buisness i dont think the chance of playing for argyle again and most importantly getting paid this time around is going to be the deciding factor.

Depends on the clubs ambitions going forward (we have none) and the deal
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Much as it would be nice
He ain't coming back to sit on the bench, for crap money and to play in a side which takes 40 mins to even take a shot on goal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe Mason rumoured incoming
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: