Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.

Go down 
+8
Bob Crow
Yea Man
Earwegoagain
akagreengull
Freathy
Jethro
harvetheslayer
sufferedsince 68
12 posters
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. Empty
PostSubject: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 9:59 am

He will get the club promoted next season out of the fourth division at the first attempt, if he gets the proper backing of course.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 10:05 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
He will get the club promoted next season out of the fourth division at the first attempt, if he gets the proper backing of course.

Would be good to see Suffers there cant be many left that are still hoping Adams can turn the club around. Trouble with Adams is he simply couldnt be trusted with a supportive war chest of money even if Hallett provided it
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 10:15 am

Seconded Adams can't be trusted to spend dollar if given it,
His tactics or lack of are about to take us down.

I really can't see us staying up .
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 10:18 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Problem is he wouldn't get any backing from hallett.  Property not players is the policy under hallett, 30% and the useless board of shite.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 10:21 am

Johnson would only come to argo with a decent budget, the problem would be Hallet and 30% only offer bottom feeder budgets. so they would prefer six years of year on year improvement in Brents basement league, with dull Del!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 10:27 am

I'm a big fan of Gary, we missed out years ago when he left Bristol City, but hey ho, would love to see him at the Portakabin stadium next season, but I hear he is on a decent wedge to get the Gulls back into the league, so will probably see it through.

Interestingly just compare post match interviews between Gary and Derek, I know who I would rather listen to.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 10:41 am

No way could Argyle match Torquays budget, we are stuck with Adams and the property boys.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 11:10 am

Got Cheltenham promoted from the national league but sacked after just 4 games back in league two after a poor start. Crap budget meant he had to make journeyman signings that didn't gel, sounds familiar.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 11:25 am

Punchdrunk and myself went to Plainmoor on Tuesday and were told that Gary Johnson is reportedly on £3.5k per week + win and target bonuses.
Hallett and speccy wouldn't pay that sort of coin out.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 12:18 pm

Gary Johnson certainly wouldn't have put up with the nonsense while Brent was squatting in the Chairman's seat.

Can't see hed be particularly attracted to a Hallett ran PAFC either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 12:20 pm

Doesn't matter who, if anyone ever replaces DA. If there's no substantial financial backing (for LG1 - not necessarily premiership funding, FFS) from our esteemed board, then it's just a mundane case of SSDD!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 6:09 pm

April fools day again?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 6:30 am

As long as 10k turn up to avivafest, wave flags, photoshoots and 'keep the faith' for being village but bigger than Accrington, the shareholders will happily oblige.

No other city club's fans would be so easily pleased. Dear oh dear. Embarrassing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 6:09 pm

What is it wishing for these “round robin” managers, Johnson was good in his day ala Sturrock but his time’s over, why not get Dave Smith back or Waiters back FFS, this is what I was implied on a prior post, who is out there cos I don’t know and I don’t see Adam’s being shifted just yet.
We were stuffing Charlton until Carey missed that penalty, it wasn’t Adam’s that fecked it up it was Carey, we were never the same after that and the OG just confirmed what most of us were thinking.
And I still don’t believe we’ll be relegated, not because I’m a happy clapper before some bright spark weighs in with that comment, it’s just what I feel.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 7:00 pm

GJ would be a good appointment but, like has been suggested, any budget would be peanuts.

I still do not believe Argyle will go down though, and with games to come against Gillingham, Accrington and Scunthorpe, you would hope that Argyle can win at least two of them to avoid the drop.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Graiser wrote:
What is it wishing for these “round robin” managers, Johnson was good in his day ala Sturrock but his time’s over, why not get Dave Smith back or Waiters back FFS, this is what I was implied on a prior post, who is out there cos I don’t know and I don’t see Adam’s being shifted just yet.
We were stuffing Charlton until Carey missed that penalty, it wasn’t Adam’s that fecked it up it was Carey, we were never the same after that and the OG just confirmed what most of us were thinking.
And I still don’t believe we’ll be relegated, not because I’m a happy clapper before some bright spark weighs in with that comment, it’s just what I feel.

I don’t see Adam’s being shifted just yet.

Is that through ability and success or just convenience?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 9:25 pm

Graiser wrote:

I Agree with you on the johnson front, he hasnt done anything of worth for years, his currrent spell at Torquay is working out for all there he is better off there not here where he wont produce anything like that and thats with a budget worthy of league 1.

We had no venom against Charlton despite throwing everything at them and Carey wasnt at the races at all nor was ladapo that pealty miss was proof of that as it was a poor pen.

I feel we will stay up just but under no uncertain circumstances can this season be seen as anything but a flop and del must shoulder his portion of the blame here and if he is staying he must learn from his mistakes and make sure he works on them in pre season along with recruiting quality in the summer or maybe actually watch the player first before signing them. We could do with not so much upheaval in truth maybe 5-6 out 6-8 in.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 9:46 pm

Gary Johnson who has a track record of wining promotion with several clubs, or Delbert Adams who likes a small budget and helps to keep the unemployment figures low, umm tough choice.
Anyway i dont see Johnson, wanting to get involved with a club who's owner drops by every six months and is not bothered by results.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Not impossible that at the end of the 19/20 season the Gulls and austerity Argo could be in the same league. geek
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 2:54 am

Doesn't matter if we stay up, Adams has shown he can't take the club any further then he has.
Him staying here is holding us back feck budget, doesn't matter its shit, Adams is the one whos fecked up with his signings and his lack of a plan b for the one tactic he has.

At this stage anyone but adams is better, He needs to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.   Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season. Empty

Back to top Go down

Gary Johnson for manager at home park next season.
Page 1 of 1