seadog
Mook
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mook

Mook

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyThu May 02, 2019 10:36 am

I think it'll be typical Argo, we'll smash Scunny 6 nil and Saaaaafend will nick a win putting us down.

Then everyone will go an about how we'll walk league 2 before we're stuck there for another 7 years......
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyThu May 02, 2019 10:40 am

Mystic Mook nails it!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyThu May 02, 2019 1:20 pm

Glorious failure. Ti's the argyle way.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyThu May 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Already a faliure for the club that survival has come down to the last game of the season.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyThu May 02, 2019 3:31 pm

Dread to think,

Wonder if players that were in the cold will be given a chance or if Nance will stick to the tried and not so proven XI DA has been using.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyThu May 02, 2019 3:33 pm

Sold out
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyThu May 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Goalkeeper Kyle Letheren returned to training with Plymouth Argyle on Thursday morning after an injury lay-off.

It should put him in contention for the Pilgrims' crucial League One clash against relegation rivals Scunthorpe United at Home Park on Saturday.

Nancekivell, who is taking charge of the team against Scunthorpe, told Plymouth Live: "He's training today so fingers crossed he's okay."

Cooper did not play for Argyle in their 3-2 Central League defeat away to Forest Green Rovers on Tuesday.

That raised doubts about whether Letheren would be fit for the season-ending visit of Scunthorpe.

However, Nancekivell has explained that Cooper did not play for what was a young side against Forest Green because he wanted all of the first team squad players at Home Park instead.

That also included striker Alex Fletcher, who came off the bench in the closing stages of the game at Accrington.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyThu May 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Goalkeeping coach Rhys Wilmot will assist first team coach Kevin Nancekivell for Plymouth Argyle's season-ending game against Scunthorpe United at Home Park on Saturday.

Nancekivell is taking charge of the Pilgrims after the departures of manager Derek Adams and assistant boss Paul Wotton on Sunday.

Wilmot became Argyle's full-time goalkeeping coach on a two-year contract last May after previously working in that role on a part-time basis.

He and Nancekivell know each other well, not only from their time with the first team squad but also from working in the club's academy as well.

Nancekivell told Plymouth Live: "Rhys has been a fantastic help. His experience has come to the fore this week for us.

"He's a calming influence on the sideline and together we will hopefully make the right decisions to get the club in League One next season."

Nancekivell, 47, has made it clear he has no interest in becoming Argyle's new manager but would like to stay on in a coaching capacity.

He said: "What you see is what you get with me. I'm definitely not a manager.

"I'm helping out the football club this week in that role but I'm a tracksuit man. You be yourself and hopefully that is what's required."

Strength and conditioning coach Ollie Osborne and physio Paul Atkinson will also be in the Pilgrims' dug-out.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyThu May 02, 2019 6:29 pm

Relegated
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 12:43 am

Can Nancekivell and Wilmott possibly do any worse than what has gone on before?
I feel slightly optimistic. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 4:39 am

akagreengull wrote:
Can Nancekivell and Wilmott possibly do any worse than what has gone on before?
I feel slightly optimistic. cheers

I don't think so, wonder if 5 days was long enough to batter a new idea into the team ?

Could those out in the cold be given another chance, or those who haven't had more then a cameo given staring role,
Your Moore's,Ainsworth's Anderson's, or youth given a chance,Battle,Fletcher or Lolos,

Who knows gonna be a tense wait and then a tense 90 mins Saturday evening,

It's gonna be something different or more of the same,

There is a lot riding on the game, but actually looking forward to a game for the first time in a few years, liverpool game excepted,
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 5:03 am

With two teams both being in a desperate situation, and especially with nobody knowing whether Argyle  
will be liberated by Adams leaving, or left floundering further?  Anything could happen...  

We could win 5-0, we could lose 5-0.

Somehow I think we will win, but will that be enough?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 6:00 am

Whatever happens, the future remains uninspiring and lower league.

Enjoy the ride..........
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 7:27 am

Tringreen wrote:

Enjoy the ride..........
Yep.  After years of brent and now hallett successfully lowering expectations, L1 is the new Championship.  We've only been relegated to our new 2nd tier which isn't so bad.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 8:09 am

Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Enjoy the ride..........
Yep.  After years of brent and now hallett successfully lowering expectations, L1 is the new Championship.  We've only been relegated to our new 2nd tier which isn't so bad.

Argo will have a fantastic lower league stand though. ld
Back to top Go down

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 9:03 am

Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Enjoy the ride..........

I think the attitude will be that we're "back home", back to our beloved basement where we can proudly brag about taking over 1000 to Salford, call other teams tinpot and print t-shirts when we beat Exeter. Where parochial nobodies can become parochial somebodies through the medium of fans fests and Greens on Screens photo's and where peopel with sociopathetic tendencies are not only allowed but welcomed within the higher echelons of the club.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 9:27 am

I considered going, but couldn't face it. Relegation at home to Newcastle with a whimper, then relegation under Peter Reid with an inevitability. Neither is fun.

This is a relegation of shambles. An obstinate blighter of a manager, given total control and a shit budget, with the few good players we have being a huge feckin let down. We might even get away with it on the day. I wouldn't feel celebratory, so what's the point?

I'd stick Sawyer at centre half. Two slow fat shitters there has been our undoing all season. He's just a slow shitter. Other than that, I dunno, you just gotta hope Carey or Lameiras do something, or Sarcevic has his 1 good game in 5, or Ladapo scores a couple from nowhere.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 10:03 am

Am in the 'anything could happen' camp. If the opposition was anybody but Scunny, I'd be predicting defeat, but they appear to be our equals-in-shitness at the moment. First goal will probably go a long way to determining the outcome. Mind you, we are so poor at the back we could be 3-0 up at half-time and still lose.

It feels like the deck is still slightly stacked in Argyle's favour, unbelievably. Southend fans, if they are honest, will not be fancying having to take 3 points off Sunderland to ensure safety - and they will have to go into that game with that mindset. If they draw, they can be overhauled by us, Walsall or Scunthorpe. Wimbledon look to be sitting more pretty, needing only a point (unless we win by 4) - but if Bradford get their noses in front that one could also be interesting.

Lots of variables.

Even if the Argyle from the first half v Gillingham turns up, I think we win. In that 45, the team were snapping into tackles, chasing everything and moving the ball properly. It's like Adams shat into the half-time tea at Priestfield and made them drink it for reasons only known to himself.

Going to go all green-tinted and say Argyle squeak a win. Whether or not one of the other results goes our way remains to be seen, but if we go down on 50 points, so be it. The damage was already done.

Ladapo hat-trick. All handballs, unseen by the ref. Obviously.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 10:49 am

Ive got my ticket for the game but still not sure if me and the wife will be going. We have to get back to Bristol station and the last train from Plymouth leaves at 7.40 which will be cutting it too fine after the game. Seems a really last train for a Bank Holiday weekend but nothing to do with trains surprises me anymore. Theres no way I am driving and not having a drink.

I think we will win. Carey and Ruben are almost certainly off after this game and perhaps they owe the fans and the club one of those brilliant displays that we had from them all too often.

That should be enough to stay up but who knows. Sunderland and Portsmouth both blew massive chances to still go up automatically in the week and Sunderland might want to rest players no matter what draw that leaves them in the play offs.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 10:58 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Enjoy the ride..........

I think the attitude will be that we're "back home", back to our beloved basement where we can proudly brag about taking over 1000 to Salford, call other teams tinpot and print t-shirts when we beat Exeter. Where parochial nobodies can become parochial somebodies through the medium of fans fests and Greens on Screens photo's and where peopel with sociopathetic tendencies are not only allowed but welcomed within the higher echelons of the club.
Yep sums up PAFC 2019 very well - sadly.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 11:14 am

I could have gone but trying to get back to Dorset afterwards on the train would be a pain not sure I wanna see us go down in person.

But knowing us we will win 5-1 and being supertious if I did go we would lose by same score.
Back to top Go down

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Which complete cretin decided to put the fixtures on at half 5 in the evening. As bad as it is getting back to Other areas of the South West, getting back to scunthorpe is impossible using PT at that time. The last train headed North of Bristol on Saturday leaves Plymouth at 1825 terminating in Brum 3 hours later
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 12:34 pm

There will be two teams not wanting to lose the game. Bore draw written all over it. TBH I think maybe relegation will be the kick up the arse the board needs.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Which complete cretin decided to put the fixtures on at half 5 in the evening. As bad as it is getting back to Other areas of the South West, getting back to scunthorpe is impossible using PT at that time. The last train headed North of Bristol on Saturday leaves Plymouth at 1825 terminating in Brum 3 hours later

Thing is if I missed the 1940 Plymouth To Exeter,I'd miss all the connections to get me back to Dorset from Exeter, I'd only be able to get to Yeovil then walk,

so anyone heading east and up north is fecked.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday EmptyFri May 03, 2019 1:09 pm

David Friio was an inspirational player on the pitch when he played for Plymouth Argyle from 2000 until 2005.

Now the Frenchman is trying to inspire the current Pilgrims' players, as well as the Green Army, with some stirring words ahead of one of the club's most impoprtant matches of recent times.

Argyle will play Scunthorpe United in a season-ending relegation decider at Home Park on Saturday.

The Pilgrims need to get a better result than Southend United do at home to Sunderland, or beat Scunthorpe and hope AFC Wimbledon lose away Bradford City.

Friio, a recent guest on Plymouth Live's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] podcast, was a two-time promotion winner with the Pilgrims as a dynamic goalscoring midfielder.

He continues to closely follow their fortunes, while working as the chief scout for French top flight club St Etienne.

Friio said on social media site Twitter: “Hi everybody. Just a few words to send you all my best wishes for the important game on Saturday vs Scunthorpe United.

“To Kevin and the staff: Please be calm and clear with your ideas. I am sure you have put a plan or a strategy in place.

“Stick to it and be determined. Your players will back and follow you.

“To the players: There us no more time to think about what went wrong during the season. On Saturday you will still have a chance to put it right.

“Everybody will tell you that it will be like playing a cup final but it won’t!

“In a cup final you are fighting for the glory. On Saturday you will be fighting for your pride, for your families, for the people that love you, for the people of Plymouth and for the Green Army. Please never forget this.

“Make sure that you will be able to face you in the mirror after the game. I wish you all the best my friends.

“To the Green Army: What can I say? One day you will support a team at your level of dedication.

“You are first class. Until then I am sure that Home Park will be an intimidating place for the opposition.

Flags and scarves up in the air! Kill your voices! Play your part like there will be no tomorrow.

“All the best my friends! Allez les verts!”

Friio's former Argyle team-mate David Norris will be the half-time guest for the game against Scunthorpe.

He tweeted on Friday morning: "Heading back to Plymouth this weekend hoping to bring @Only1Argyle some luck.

"Going to be a nervous afternoon but a massive good luck to the players, staff and fans."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So then, Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: So then, Saturday   So then, Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

So then, Saturday
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next