akagreengull
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP Empty
PostSubject: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 8:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 9:55 am

At least seven nil to the Greens.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 10:41 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 10:52 am

Confident argo will win this one.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 11:33 am

I reckon there’ll be goals. Not necessarily all at the right end, mind.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 12:11 pm

Ryan doesn't care what the score is - apparently.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 12:48 pm

It's all about the crack.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 1:15 pm

If Bristol Rovers play mostly first team it'll be Very tough indeed - which is good, it'll be a proper test.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 1:39 pm

Lowe has a pretty good idea who he will start against Crewe so players will be ducking out of tackles, not breaking too much of a sweat, that’s why I generally steer clear of The freindlies.

Saying that going today as it’s on my doorstep
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 4:54 pm

Argo 0-1 Bristol Rovers

I think we're still a bit shit. Could be a difficult season.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 5:46 pm

Freathy wrote:
Argo 0-1 Bristol Rovers

I think we're still a bit shit. Could be a difficult season.
Disagree.
The game today was very even the goal was a bit unlucky for Cooper soon after coming on. Palmer looks very confident in goal again and takes command of his area. From today all the Bury signings look good, Mayor and Byrom clearly have some quality as did Mczaccerly or whatever he is called.
I agree I think the team today will more or less start next week.
I feel quite positive about the season, just as I predicted from day one last season a relegation squad I think this is a promotion squad.
The result today means Jack shit.
cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 6:02 pm

I was there, thought it was going to be a draw but, the gas snatched it late on as I was leaving the ground. Argyle did ok, the game had 0-0 written all over it until.

Decent crowd there and I take my hat off to all that made the effort.

Next up for me will be Leyton Orient in the League Cup.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 6:07 pm

5,099 crowd.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 6:14 pm

Shite game, we were poor, bit of nifty passing at times but utterly toothless up top, don't think rovers keeper touched the ball. 21 mcfadzean? Was blowing after 5 mins clearly not fit, 10 mayor looks a stand out player with a touch of class.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 6:35 pm

Not a great game agree, Mayor yep got confidence and ability, disagree about no 21 but we will see.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 6:41 pm

Work in progress bheys, i was not there unlike you guys but i'm confident we will get better though we need a decent striker big time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 7:35 pm

not a good day all round for me there. Decided to go last minute this morning so i purchased a ticket online, my seat was taken by someone else so i got to sit somewhere else not that it bothered me. What did was the fact i printed off my ticket took it to the turnstile only to be told it cant be accepted due to an error in the system so i have to go and que for a new ticket to be given to me so i can get in. So i go back to the line then i managed to catch one of the argyle workers who told me to go back to the turnstile and tell them that he said i could get in. so that worked after being searched twice by the tewards that where stood next to each other and a turnstile operator who was humming and rring whether to let me in till she was told too by her supervisor.

anyways that was fun but on to the game.

i thought it was a typical pre season game lots of encouraging signs from some players and the sense that this team like the last 4 squads needs to gel before everything clicks. One thing that remained though was the signs that any team with tactical ability and able to hit counter attacks will rip apart this team as the defence is still feckin shit. The new defender on trial caused an error which lead to the goal so thats his chances at a contract out the window. not convinced edwards is going to be the fox/songo'o type midfielder we need but im not writting him off this early.

Good to see a big ish crowd today.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 8:20 pm

Paid me £10 note and got in with no queue 20mins before game at Devonport. So clearly lessons to be learnt by the club re ticket entry.
Re defence I think Wooton will be a liability, Sawyer looked trim and assured although obviously slow.
Agree defence probably still an issue.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 8:32 pm

Didnt have a clue who was who due to no programmes, at least dish out some team sheets ffs stingy bastards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 9:24 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Didnt have a clue who was who due to no programmes, at least dish out some team sheets ffs stingy bastards

i found out when i got home that the number four for us was a trialist and not aimson. so i agree they should have done more programs at least as they did do something i saw a few brandishing about.

they should have saw sense and opend another kisoks in the devonport end as having the one open was ridiculous especially the que for it that almost covered the length of the stand.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 9:38 pm

I saw three p.o.t.d. turnstiles open on the Devonport, I was told by the ticketline Thursday there would be two in the Devonport and two in the Lyndhurst.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 10:43 pm

For my sins I've seen 3 pre-season games, Truro, Torquay and Rovers. We have got better in each game, a million times better when out of possession today than the first 2 games, especially Torquay. Any team with pace up front is going to have a field day with this system and these 3 centre halves.

Plus points - keeper looks good (Palmer) - way above last years 2 choices. Edwards looked good again. Think we will need cover for him as he has been caught a few times as last midfielder and had to commit a foul. No cards in pre-season but they will come fast in the league.

Negatives - Riley cant cross therefore little being created for forwards from RHS. Forwards are all still injured. It will take them games to get up to speed so expecting a slow start in league. Joel Grant is just poor, nothing more to add. No position in this formation suits him.

Jury's out - Mayor. Will have moments but will also go missing for long spells I think. More Lamerias than Carey, dribbling and skills rather than demanding it and trying to run the game.

I think after the Truro game I said 2 or 3 windows to get the right blend, 6-7 players needed. We have signed that many but still need to cover positions. RWB and striker mainly although think we may see a CF on loan this week.

My prediction now is top half but in touch at Christmas with a late run to either automatic or play offs after January window.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 7:28 am

So we can't defend or score goals. Lowe and Hallett have a lot of shopping to do over the next couple of weeks if we have any chance of not being the L2 whipping boys.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 7:44 am

It's difficult to judge yesterdays performance, particularly from an attacking standpoint because we didn't even start the game with a recognised striker on the pitch. Mayor did have one particular little run that gave a glimpse of how he'll frighten teams to death in this league. Overall it was pretty even, Rovers probably edging it.

Lowe probably knows now that he can't rely on Taylor and his glass ankles getting and staying fit.

Ideally, the league opener would be three weeks away with 2 more decent pre-season games to iron out the creases. But it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 8:07 am

What was all that hulabaloo in block 6 involving Cerbs?

Twisted Evil lol! laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP   Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP Empty

Back to top Go down

Brizzle Rovers Bash 3pm HP
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next