Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+17
Elias
Lord Melbury
argyl3
Dick Trickle
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
Czarcasm
PatDunne
Rickler
zyph
Tringreen
VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
seadog
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... Empty
PostSubject: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 5:49 pm

after reading this I realise i am simply being pessimistic, God Bless Boris Trump our Brexit saviour.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Scoop Sam Coates. Deputy Political Editor Sky News.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lalala I can’t hear you. Man up plan up and deal with it.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 8:13 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
More scare stories by remainers.

Dear oh dear wake up chap lol !!
We are walking off a cliff with no deal now highly possible. Project fear/scare stories have you actually seen the state of Sterling thats no scare story thats whats happening right now and time a no deal is confirmed we could well be sub parity with the Euro and 1.10 to the USD. That affects us worldwide in any transaction

Just in case you'd forgotten I voted out but bitterly regret it
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 8:15 am

Hugh Watt wrote:

Pound is approaching parity with the Euro, good job no will be able to afford to go on holiday.

Greece has seen a 34% drop in British tourists in 2019
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 8:18 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Pound is approaching parity with the Euro, good job no will be able to afford to go on holiday.

Greece has seen a 34% drop in British tourists in 2019

The EU didn't give a feck about Greece why should we?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 8:19 am

All currency markets react to mass hysteria, whether justified or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 8:28 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

We are walking off a cliff with no deal now highly possible. Project fear/scare stories have you actually seen the state of Sterling thats no scare story thats whats happening right now and time a no deal is confirmed we could well be sub parity with the Euro and 1.10 to the USD. That affects us worldwide in any transaction

Virtually every analysis says that a no deal Brexit will plunge the UK into a deep recession.

The OBR (The Government own spending watchdog)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The CBI

The IMF

Even the Governments own bloody Department for Exiting the EU

This is utterly insane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 9:14 am

I cannot believe a word either side says. I don't profess to being clued up on all things Brexit - and thank f*ck for that. Sadly, it's consuming some people's entire lives.

On one hand you have captains of industry and fiscal 'Tefal heads' predicting the end of the world. On the other side you have pioneers of eternal and perennial optimism, predicting we'll flourish under our own steam, unshackled from the grasp of the EU dictatorship.

I tell ya what. I'm going for pint in the Winchester and wait for all this nonsense to blow over.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 9:40 am

We've ended up with a refererendum result that none of the banks, wanted, you've got a result none of the MPs wanted, you've got a result that none of the media wanted, you've got a result that no one in Whitehall wanted hence project fear. The level of knicker wringing and general tantruming is quite frankly embarrassing. I can't wait to revisit all these doom mongering predictions when feck all actually happens.
And we do need to man the feck up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 10:27 am

If feck all happens. It will be because feck all has happened.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 10:46 am

Lots of shit has already happened, three years plus of indecision caused by MPs refusing to act on the referendum is very damaging to the economy and business. Refusal of people to accept Brexit is going to happen means that after three plus years many, many businesses haven't planned for no deal Brexit this is a bigger problem than Brexit itself lalalallala.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 12:56 pm

No one has planned for no deal Brexit for the simple reason it was never planned for "Easiest deal in the world" remember.

Nobody mentioned leaving without a deal during the referendum or after up until Theresa May decided to paint herself into a corner in her red lines on immigration "Brexit means Brexit" and "No deal is better than a bad deal" phase which ended the minute it impacted with reality.

We could have left months ago, but certain sections refuse to take yes for an answer.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 9:14 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

No need to worry I am awake and have all my faculties.

Money values goes up and money values go down every day, week in week out, month in month out, year in year out.

As Ears said none of the banks, a lot of MPs, none of the media especially the Bias Broadcasting Corporation, Civil Servants in Whitehall, actor luvies, music industry luvies etc wanted to leave the EU so project fear was started.
Why do you think that is? Maybe because they all have their grubby little hands out taking their slice of the EU money gravy train.

The country voted to leave so Cameron and Osborne walked away like kids who have lost at football and taken their ball with them.

Then we had May who was a remainer, but she said things which I liked and I hoped she would deliver.

As far as I am concerned, she did everything she could to stop Brexit, she had a mostly remain cabinet with a remain chancellor. She called an election that was not needed and had a manifesto which was so bad that it seemed to me that she didn’t want to be elected. She won but lost her majority so making it harder to get Brexit done. She undermined Davies, her first Brexit Minister all the way to the Chequers meeting and came up with her deal. A deal that included the backstop which had come from her Government not the EU! A deal so bad that no one wanted it.

Now we have Boris, a leaver and a cabinet of mainly leavers and he is talking up the country instead of talking it down like May for the last 3 years. He is talking about a no deal and everyone against Brexit are doing their nut and are shitting themselves. The EU and that posturing little turd, the Irish PM have now realised we have a PM who means what he says. It would seem that some of the scare stories about loss of jobs, shortages of medicine, food shortages, financial meltdown and trouble at ports and airports could come true …. for the Irish Republic. Their biggest trading partner apparently is the UK with most of their imports via the UK.

The thing is before the referendum all we heard was what would happen if we voted to leave, we did vote to leave and almost nothing happened and made all those remainers who peddled those lies look like the cnuts they are.

I have always been anti EU so accusations of me being influenced by Boris and the leaver’s sound bites like the £350 Million just isn’t true. Funny how only Boris has been threatened with court action over his £350 M ‘lies’ which actually turned out to be true, but of course, the courts are run by the establishment and they wouldn’t even think of taking action against the remainers like Osborne and Carney etc for all their lies.

In all the discussions on here and elsewhere I have never ever said or thought it would be easy to leave the EU. We have been part of it for 40 years and its rules and regulations are deeply imbedded in British life. The Bias Broadcasting Corporation news channel the other day had a item which had an expert telling how it would take many years to sort out these regulations and separate them from our laws. They treated this as a big news story from them. NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

I don’t know if Boris will do what he says. I hope he does and he does it with a deal but if it is a no deal then so be it.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 5:58 pm

The Labour Party are embroiled in a new row, this time over indyref2.

Shadow chancellor, John McDonnell, has stated that Labour would not be opposed to another referendum taking place. The Scottish Labour leader, Richard Leonard, hit back saying there is no case for another referendum in Scotland.

Nicola Sturgeon - lol! -  has said there is now a growing urgency for Scottish independence due to Boris being PM and her nemesis, Brexit. She keeps forgetting that the Brexit vote was a UK wide vote, not a come as you please vote.

Well, we now know in clear terms that Labour would like to break up the UK following the statement made by McDonnell.

Read more here and here and here
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 12:08 am

It will end up with a hard border between Scotland and England something that Strugeon wouldn't support in Ireland, talk about hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 12:14 am

And thinking further wouldnt all Scottish people post Scexit be unable to feed themselves, have no medicine, no jobs, they would be unable to drive over here and lets not forget the inevitable rise in racism and hate crime that would naturally be attributed to it. Strugeon must to mental to even contemplate it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 12:22 am

They would not be allowed to join the EU because of their spending on GDP (something like that) though it didn't stop Greece from joining. Also they would have to join the euro club I believe.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 8:55 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

In all the discussions on here and elsewhere I have never ever said or thought it would be easy to leave the EU. We have been part of it for 40 years and its rules and regulations are deeply imbedded in British life. The Bias Broadcasting Corporation news channel the other day had a item which had an expert telling how it would take many years to sort out these regulations and separate them from our laws. They treated this as a big news story from them. NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

Actually we were repeatedly told in the run up to the referendum that leaving the EU would be easy amongst all the other lies. Its only recently when it has become apparent that leaving won't be easy we are being told so.

I'm still waiting for a single tangible benefit of leaving that offsets this hardship. When I say tangible, I don't mean horseshit like "getting our country back".
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 10:24 am

It's like the end of the world at the millennium. 12 months post Brexit everybody will be wondering what all the fuss was about, project fear on the Beeb is literally hilarious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 10:35 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
It's like the end of the world at the millennium. 12 months post Brexit everybody will be wondering what all the fuss was about, project fear on the Beeb is literally hilarious.

Just like the Y2K bug all over again. Complete worldwide meltdown. Then..........................................................................Nothing! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 10:59 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Actually we were repeatedly told in the run up to the referendum that leaving the EU would be easy amongst all the other lies. Its only recently when it has become apparent that leaving  won't be easy we are being told so.

I'm still waiting for a single tangible benefit of leaving that offsets this hardship. When I say tangible, I don't mean horseshit like "getting our country back".

How about tangible like not paying millions a week to the EU? (£350m gross something like £200m net) getting our fishing waters back, stopping the corruption of the EU gravy train which is basically a mechanism for the suits to share our money out between them and lessening the hold that supermarkets have over our farmers? The supermarkets import thousands of tonnes of milk and cheese and the base price is set basically by Poland who supply the cheapest. It's a shame that we have much higher operating costs than they do which means the UK herd size is now about 500 cows nowadays as opposed to 30 when I was a kid. What's more loads of farmers are going bust, cows get slaughtered and more and more farmers are committing suicide. Mind you the deaths of farmers are way less important than you being able to buy a bottle of milk cheaper than a bottle of water.
The more that remainers claim there are no tangible benefits the more it looks like remainers are completely closed to any logical argument. There will obviously be winners and losers there always are.
on a purely selfish level my letting business is booming, up year on year over the last four years because the weak pound makes it cheaper for EU to visit us and less people are going to the EU on holiday again due to week pound. Business is no different than any other life on earth, adapt or die, lucky we are just getting on with it and not rocking on our heels crying our eyes out.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 3:54 pm

The latest bollocks from the BBC is 100s of dairy cattle will be slaughtered post no deal Brexit because the cows are in NI and the milk is processed in the republic. To me it says that something is wrong with the milk industry over there when 2 countries are involved in producing a bottle of milk. To me that says the EU making jobs for as many people as possible, in as many places as possible which means it is inefficient. Move the cows or the processing plant to make it more cost effective (preferably plant to NI and sod the republic).

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 6:16 pm

I've just seen the bbc news about the new bridge at Tintagel. Surprised they didn't try blaming the bridge collapse 400 years ago on Brexit and that the new bridge was only done because we are in the EU and that if we leave with or without a deal, then as a poor country (only poor because we won't be entitled to our own money after they have skimmed off their cut) we won't be able to build any more bridges ever again.

Oh, I've just thought, give them time I'm sure it will happen.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 9:51 am

Now just one quarter period officially away from recession after figures today showed we contracted 0.2%
Just utter insanity walking off a cliff with no deal and cutting off our biggest trading partner.

Frankly its close to treason if Boris deliberately calls this election forcing us off the Eiger in the interim period.

We're leaving YES but we do it in an orderly manner FFS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 9:59 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I've just seen the bbc news about the new bridge at Tintagel. Surprised they didn't try blaming the bridge collapse 400 years ago on Brexit and that the new bridge was only done because we are in the EU and that if we leave with or without a deal, then as a poor country (only poor because we won't be entitled to our own money after they have skimmed off their cut) we won't be able to build any more bridges ever again.

Oh, I've just thought, give them time I'm sure it will happen.

I think that new bridge at Tintagel will collapse if we leave the EU on WTO terms. I blame that earthquake in Helston yesterday on Brexit as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 1 of 29Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next