Earwegoagain
seadog
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 5:53 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Someone I know just told me his boss had booked a holiday in Thailand but he's been told by the Thais that he is fine to go but hell have to go into quarantine when he returns. Seems a bit wierd to me as why would the the Thais care if he bought it back here? You'd think it would be down to British immigration anyway he's saying the airline won't refund him as he is able to go but he can't take the extra time off for quarantine.

lol absolute utter rubbish what you've been told. Going by average UK visitors to Thailand annually on that basis we'd have around 175,000 people already in quarantine in the uk since this started lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 11:59 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Someone I know just told me his boss had booked a holiday in Thailand but he's been told by the Thais that he is fine to go but hell have to go into quarantine when he returns. Seems a bit wierd to me as why would the the Thais care if he bought it back here? You'd think it would be down to British immigration anyway he's saying the airline won't refund him as he is able to go but he can't take the extra time off for quarantine.

lol absolute utter rubbish what you've been told. Going by average UK visitors to Thailand annually on that basis we'd have around 175,000 people already in quarantine in the uk since this started lol

Yep I'm calling bullshit on it as well, like I say my mates boss and he swears it's true but it doesn't make sense for several reasons. Some people love a bit of hysteria, the only thing that makes sense to me is that he's worried it may blow up then he has to sit in quarantine for two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 4:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yep I'm calling bullshit on it as well, like I say my mates boss and he swears it's true but it doesn't make sense for several reasons. Some people love a bit of hysteria, the only thing that makes sense to me is that he's worried it may blow up then he has to sit in quarantine for two weeks.

Yeah that's bollocks Ears. Couple of my workmates are out there at the minute - they'll be back working next week.

Come to think of it, I'm out there in a few weeks....I quite fancy the prospect of two more weeks quarantine at home when we get back. cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 4:48 pm

Iran
and South Korea focused on now.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 6:45 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yeah that's bollocks Ears. Couple of my workmates are out there at the minute - they'll be back working next week.

Come to think of it, I'm out there in a few weeks....I quite fancy the  prospect of two more weeks quarantine at home when we get back. cheers

I'm counting the days mate not Thailand but over that way. Wink
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 2:08 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yes your final words are "possible" but highly unlikely. Sounds to me as if he's scared to travel but wants to blame someone else so the Thais will do on this occasion
He would be correct in that the airline wont refund though. I've been on a few flights this last month but only tiny amount are wearing masks
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 7:39 am

When a Chinese person sneezes on you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 11:23 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yes your final words are "possible" but highly unlikely. Sounds to me as if he's scared to travel but wants to blame someone else so the Thais will do on this occasion
He would be correct in that the airline wont refund though. I've been on a few flights this last month but only tiny amount are wearing masks

The masks are a waste of time they had a virologist on the news and he said you'd need a surgical mask, gown and goggles as more germs are transmitted through the eyes than anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 3:41 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

The masks are a waste of time they had a virologist on the news and he said you'd need a surgical mask, gown and goggles as more germs are transmitted through the eyes than anywhere else.

Big trouble now. United Arab Emirates have banned all their citizens from Thailand
Obviously that will include flight crews etc etc
1000's and 1000's could be stranded or rerouted. Kuwait have already suspended all flights am expecting all the ME carriers to follow suit
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 7:13 pm

Moving around a bit now.

Just seen The Pope on the news throwing his penny into the hat.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 11:08 am

Germany reporting 60 cases of covid-19.

Iran say 34 have died due to the illness, with many more infected - 388.

Italy have 650 cases and 15 deaths.

A chappy (some professor) on the radio last night said we have got to expect the worst as it stands at the moment, he went on to say that at the least, 500,000 could die in Europe but, it could be way more.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 12:12 pm

Markets imploding currently. Airline stocks being decimated to say the least.
Lockdown coming thats why.
If we're saying shut down schools for 2 months then the biggest potential for spreading the virus simply has to end no matter what the ramifications for business or maybe all non essential airline travel stopped instead
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 12:15 pm

And already they are talking of another recession worse than 2008 as a result of this. More like another excuse for a wealth grab by the wealthy. Why is this so bad? Since the outbreak how many people around the world have died from pollution of air and water? During birth? Road traffic accidents? It's quite obviously because it isn't confined to the third world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 1:09 pm

i had the swine flu when that came around i would say this flu is only deadly to elderly and those with health problems like asthma and such
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 3:10 pm

We're all going to die.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Luckily I'll be on the beach.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 6:12 pm

The problem with this is it’s a very fluid situation. A couple weeks ago there was the first talk of a ski resort in Italy having a couple cases. Two weeks down the line and there are 11 towns in lockdown and if you were planning on going to Venice any time soon, think again because about half the shops and restaurants there are closed or closing as we speak.

I know a couple people who are due to fly out soon but they are in limbo because until the foreign office gives an official advice warning not to travel, if you take it off your own back to cancel, then your insurance won’t pay out.

It’s all starting to get a little bit inconvenient. Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 9:38 pm

Let's face it China and Iran aren't the most honest regimes I would say that in 2 weeks we could be looking at mass infections as people are unhygienic, stupid and selfish.

Amazed seria a is still going ahead behind closed doors. Wonder if that will happen here?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 6:42 am

Czarcasm wrote:

I know a couple people who are due to fly out soon but they are in limbo because until the foreign office gives an official advice warning not to travel, if you take it off your own back to cancel, then your insurance won’t pay out.

Bizarrely when we arrived at Heathrow Thursday morning I was expecting E Gates off and everyone face to face to immigration.
Not a sausage no thermal scanners no special lanes if you'd been in the Far East absolutely nothing and yet both Bangkoks two main airports have thermal scanners taking tempertures on inbound flights.
I had really been expecting a tug after being in Manila and Bangkok.....nothing !

I would not and will not be booking any trips until this is under control.....its a recipe for being stranded overseas for potentially months. If I'd already booked for say next month I would abort and take the flight cost loss FCO advice or otherwise

People are literally going to get marooned here

You wait until this takes off in India Jesus wept....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 11:09 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Bizarrely when we arrived at Heathrow Thursday morning I was expecting E Gates off and everyone face to face to immigration.
Not a sausage no thermal scanners no special lanes if you'd been in the Far East absolutely nothing and yet both Bangkoks two main airports have thermal scanners taking tempertures on inbound flights.
I had really been expecting a tug after being in Manila and Bangkok.....nothing !

I would not and will not be booking any trips until this is under control.....its a recipe for being stranded overseas for potentially months. If I'd already booked for say next month I would abort and take the flight cost loss FCO advice or otherwise

You are a ray of sunshine aren't you? Lol. I'm off tomorrow and hopefully in the month I'm away it will sort itself out. No way will I cancel.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 11:57 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

You are a ray of sunshine aren't you? Lol. I'm off tomorrow and hopefully in the month I'm away it will sort itself out. No way will I cancel.

Hardly...today Kuwait have started evacuating their citizens from Thailand.
When someone like me who worries about nothing and would have zero problem in being stranded for a year declines a trip others should take notice...
The chances of any of us catching it is probably 0.00001% but the chance of associated disruption I'd now put at 40-50%
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 12:10 pm

Angry wrote:
i had the swine flu when that came around i would say this flu is only deadly to elderly and those with health problems like asthma and such

That's me f...ed then !!. I have a respiratory issue and use an inhaler every month.

BBC saying they have information that many more have died in Iran than the official Iranian figures state, of course, Iran are denying this.

What the world does not need are various countries smudging numbers of covid-19 deaths - and for that matter, numbers of those infected too - , especially now that it is spreading like wildfire.

The hunt is on in the UK for the people who that chap from Surrey has had contact with.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Get the sandbags out.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 2:45 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

When someone like me who worries about nothing and would have zero problem in being stranded for a year declines a trip others should take notice...
The chances of any of us catching it is probably 0.00001% but the chance of associated disruption I'd now put at 40-50%

Whatevs. Planned long and saved hard for this trip I am going come hell or high water. Something else to bear in mind is that the UK has more cases than where I'm going and also what the fook are they going to do? Close all the airports, schools and shops? Life can and will go on and anyway getting stranded in a sun kissed country sounds way more preferable to staying in this rain sodden shithole for the next month.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 3:54 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Life can and will go on and anyway getting stranded in a sun kissed country sounds way more preferable to staying in this rain sodden shithole for the next month.

Totallly agree Ears.
America overnight now banning any foreign citizen that has been in Iran in the last 14 days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next