+2
Earwegoagain
Czarcasm
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 9:05 am

Under contract: Will Aimson, Michael Cooper, Joe Edwards, Byron Moore, Dom Telford.

Existing option: Danny Mayor.

Out of contract, offered new contract: Niall Canavan, Conor Grant, Luke Jephcott, Ryan Law, Klaidi Lolos, Callum McFadzean, Adam Randell, Antoni Sarcevic, Gary Sawyer, Scott Wootton.

Out of contract, released: Alex Fletcher, Joel Grant, Tafari Moore, Michael Peck, Tom Purrington, Ryan Taylor.

Loan expired: Tyreeq Bakinson, George Cooper, Josh Grant, Ryan Hardie, Alex Palmer.

Apprentices offered professional contract: Jarvis Cleal, Ollie Tomlinson, Rubin Wilson.

Apprentices released: Jude Boyd, Isaac Burdon, Reuben Collum, Harry Townsend.
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 9:08 am

Angry wrote:

Under contract: Will Aimson, Michael Cooper, Joe Edwards, Byron Moore, Dom Telford.

Existing option: Danny Mayor.

Out of contract, offered new contract: Niall Canavan, Conor Grant, Luke Jephcott, Ryan Law, Klaidi Lolos, Callum McFadzean, Adam Randell, Antoni Sarcevic, Gary Sawyer, Scott Wootton.

Out of contract, released: Alex Fletcher, Joel Grant, Tafari Moore, Michael Peck, Tom Purrington, Ryan Taylor.

Loan expired: Tyreeq Bakinson, George Cooper, Josh Grant, Ryan Hardie, Alex Palmer.

Apprentices offered professional contract: Jarvis Cleal, Ollie Tomlinson, Rubin Wilson.

Apprentices released: Jude Boyd, Isaac Burdon, Reuben Collum, Harry Townsend.

I think covid 19 was a strong factor in our retain list as i wouldnt have thought Sawyer, canavan and wootton would all be offered new deals  or Conor Grant for that matter.  Dont disagree with the players let go Shame to see Joel leave but we dont play with wingers and he cant play up front aswell as he can on the wing.

Last edited by Angry on Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 9:16 am

Sawyer. Geez.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 9:20 am

Zackly, looks like planning for stability in league 2 FFS! He should have gone two years ago.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 9:20 am

I’d like to see Randell given a run in Sarcs position when he FCuks off. He’s probably a more naturally gifted player from what I’ve seen of him.
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 12:21 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I’d like to see Randell given a run in Sarcs position when he FCuks off. He’s probably a more naturally gifted player from what I’ve seen of him.

Hopefully he steps up like Jephcott has.

The fact we are going into league one with potentially the same defence we had when we were there last times fills me with dread.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 1:38 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

The fact we are going into league one with potentially the same defence we had when we were there last times fills me with dread.

Yep. If Wooton Canavan and Sawyer play regularly it could be a painful season. Although I do think Wooton and Canavan have certainly improved as players under Lowe. Shorely Lowe must have something planned for left back though, with Sawyer as a squad/bench option if we get injuries.
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 1:52 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Yep. If Wooton Canavan and Sawyer play regularly it could be a painful season. Although I do think Wooton and Canavan have certainly improved as players under Lowe. Shorely Lowe must have something planned for left back though, with Sawyer as a squad/bench option if we get injuries.

He will needed a defender with pace for a start as that was the big problem that season, sawyer i hope is a backup and doing his coaching badges with the academy as he wont be aregular and he has a long suspension starting the season with carrying on from this one thats end early. 3 games of 4 i think it was.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 3:46 pm

Sawyer, really?
Taylor gone unsurprisingly.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 3:47 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

He will needed a defender with pace for a start as that was the big problem that season, sawyer i hope is a backup and doing his coaching badges with the academy as he wont be aregular and he has a long suspension starting the season with carrying on from this one thats end early. 3 games of 4 i think it was.
Can only think that RL is looking at Sawyer getting into the coaching side and as you say an experienced backup.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 4:39 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Can only think that RL is looking at Sawyer getting into the coaching side and as you say an experienced backup.

More like Lowe knows what his budget is and good league two backup players are all he can afford? Nothing else makes any sense other than he's in a Luggy/Adams love in with the boy.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 7:30 pm

That's 19 if those offered new deals all re-sign.

Don't think we'll be seeing many new signings tbh

Pity that 2 out of 5 players already on contract for next season seem injury prone.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 7:35 pm

The main stay of that defence offered new Contracts if anythink they should be shot at dawn ffs
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 7:51 pm

i dont think many clubs are going to be going mad in the transfer market this year for obvious reasons. i'd like to see us sign hardie, josh grant and palmer on perm deals if that can be done or another season long loans. while we look to strengthen the defence still, middle and right wing back position with new blood. if it is possible we must try and bring back cooper but i dont believe thats going to happen.

5 tops 6 absolutley it i think will come in.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 8:07 pm

Your deluded if you hink the rest of league one will be using austerity led league two budgets next year, I'm predicting a swift but sustainable return to league two unless Si makes one last last cheque signing.
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 8:14 pm

All the negative comments about our defence is quite strange as there were only 2 clubs with a better goals against than us, I was always a bit uneasy about our defence but with that stat perhaps unjustified
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Graiser wrote:
All the negative comments about our defence is quite strange as there were only 2 clubs with a better goals against than us, I was always a bit uneasy about our defence but with that stat perhaps unjustified

this was the same defence that was at the helm in league one last time and leaked 80 goals.
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 8:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

this was the same defence that was at the helm in league one last time and leaked 80 goals.

Not quite the same defence, in particular the GK

Matt Macy
Gary Sawyer
Ryan Edwards
Niall Canavan
Lloyd Jones
Tafari Moore
Ashley Smith-Brown
Scott Wootton
Oscar Threlkeld
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 8:42 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Matt Macy
Gary Sawyer
Ryan Edwards
Niall Canavan
Lloyd Jones
Tafari Moore
Ashley Smith-Brown
Scott Wootton
Oscar Threlkeld

the main partnership of canavan and wooton was incrediable slow and exposed that keeper too often which was and still is a problem. they wont suddenly discover a extra yard of pace now they are back in league one after a season in league two which is more their level. Edwards was god awful thankfully he wont be here Smile
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Matt Macy
Gary Sawyer
Ryan Edwards
Niall Canavan
Lloyd Jones
Tafari Moore
Ashley Smith-Brown
Scott Wootton
Oscar Threlkeld

the main partnership of canavan and wooton was incrediable slow and exposed that keeper too often which was and still is a problem. they wont suddenly discover a extra yard of pace now they are back in league one after a season in league two which is more their level.

Pace will be an issue alright but it’s not quite the same comparison with the 18/19 season as the styles of football played by the respective managers was so different, another Bradley type might fix it though.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 8:56 pm

RL must like three CB's who he's played most of the time. Then there's Aimson if he ever gets fit.

Can't see the point in pursuing Josh Grant as he struggled to get a game at CB and ended up in midfield.
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 9:11 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Matt Macy
Gary Sawyer
Ryan Edwards
Niall Canavan
Lloyd Jones
Tafari Moore
Ashley Smith-Brown
Scott Wootton
Oscar Threlkeld

the main partnership of canavan and wooton was incrediable slow and exposed that keeper too often which was and still is a problem. they wont suddenly discover a extra yard of pace now they are back in league one after a season in league two which is more their level.

Pace will be an issue alright but it’s not quite the same comparison with the 18/19 season as the styles of football played by the respective managers was so different, another Bradley type might fix it though.

true but i still dont have faith in those two to be what we need next season especially if they are playing together. Our defence is going to be very important as we find our feet as we will be playing higher calibre teams. A bradley yes would help josh grant too could be handy i just hope ryan has some targets in mind.
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 9:12 pm

Grovehill wrote:
RL must like three CB's who he's played most of the time. Then there's Aimson if he ever gets fit.

Can't see the point in pursuing Josh Grant as he struggled to get a game at CB and ended up in midfield.

he was good there though groovy so he would be very handy to have in the team like a yann songo'o.
Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 9:13 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Matt Macy
Gary Sawyer
Ryan Edwards
Niall Canavan
Lloyd Jones
Tafari Moore
Ashley Smith-Brown
Scott Wootton
Oscar Threlkeld

true but i still dont have faith in those two to be what we need next season especially if they are playing together. Our defence is going to be very important as we find our feet as we will be playing higher calibre teams. A bradley yes would help josh grant too could be handy i just hope ryan has some targets in mind.

You never know Will Aimson might be fit !!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 9:01 am

Not for the first time several of us on ATD may have a different view.

"Members of the Green Army gave their reaction to the re-signing of Sawyer on Twitter, in reply to a question from Plymouth Live football reporter Chris Errington."

Their overwhelming mood was summed up by @pafcshaun, who said: “Great to have him on board next season. Every club needs a Gary Sawyer."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RETAINED LIST Empty
PostSubject: Re: RETAINED LIST   RETAINED LIST Empty

Back to top Go down

RETAINED LIST
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next