Earwegoagain
Tgwu
Chemical Ali
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 7:20 pm

I have edited the post, Sorry the stork have not arrived yet.

Update

Plymouth. had an issue to sort with Ryan Hardie deal. Now seems to be free to go. Blackpool will allow it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 10:40 am

The team are back in pre season training today. no doubt there will be lots of photos and videos of them running around available to see throughout the day.

We may even get the answer to the age old question has the arrogant mcfadzean made his mind up
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 10:48 am

Tbf to Mucfudgean you don't know whether he is the problem, his club or even Argyle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 1:16 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Tbf to Mucfudgean you don't know whether he is the problem, his club or even Argyle?

the fact he wasnt at the start of pre season training is confirmation he turned it down eventually.

anyways

the club are heavily linked to re signing ryan hardie on loan Smile would rather it was a perm deal but whatever and ive seen some kids hyping up a return for mccormick Sad no thankyou unless hes coming back to coach in the youth setup and being an emergency backup to cooper and whoever comes in at gk for a year.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 1:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

the fact he wasnt at the start of pre season training is confirmation he turned it down eventually.

anyways

the club are heavily linked to re signing ryan hardie on loan Smile would rather it was a perm deal but whatever and ive seen some kids hyping up a return for mccormick Sad no thankyou unless hes coming back to coach in the youth setup and being an emergency backup to cooper and whoever comes in at gk for a year.

Or Argyle were unwilling to pay the amount he was valued at, or we wouldn't meet his wage demands.....
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 2:12 pm

McCormick has re-signed for the club-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Goalkeeper Luke McCormick has joined Argyle for the third time.

The former Argyle club captain, who turns 37 in a couple of weeks, joins the Pilgrims upon expiry of his contract from fellow Sky Bet League Two promotion-winners Swindon Town, and becomes manager Ryan Lowe’s first signing of the summer.

Not likely to need any introduction to the Green Army, Coventry-born McCormick began his career in the Pilgrims’ Academy, before signing professional terms and performing an understudy role to fellow Argyle legend Romain Larrieu in the 2000/01 season.

Having been forced to wait patiently for regular football due to Larrieu’s exceptional form in our Division Three title-winning season in 01/02, Luke became the first-team regular during the Greens’ 03/04 Division Two promotion campaign, winning the Pilgrims’ Young Player of the Season award as they were promoted to the Championship.

McCormick returned to the club for a second spell from Oxford United in 2013, and quickly re-established himself as the no.1 at Home Park. In the 2014-15 season, Luke was named club captain, winning the Player of the Season award after an excellent campaign, in which the Pilgrims reached the League Two play-offs. One year later, McCormick and his teammates went one step further, before falling short in the final at Wembley.

After successive play-off disappointments, Luke finally led the Greens to promotion – his third at Argyle - the following season, as the Pilgrims finished runners-up in Sky Bet League Two - a campaign also memorable for an FA Cup run which saw the Pilgrims hold Liverpool to a goalless draw at Anfield in the third round.

In the return leg at a packed-out Home Park, McCormick saved a Divock Origi penalty late on as the Greens fell to a narrow 1-0 defeat against the five-time European champions.

Upon leaving Home Park in the summer of 2018, McCormick had amassed a total of 347 appearances in all competitions for the Pilgrims, placing him 18th on Argyle’s all-time appearance list.

Argyle manager Ryan Lowe said: “We are very pleased to have been able to bring Luke back to the club.

“He has got great experience, it’s obviously a club close to his heart, and he is a favourite of the Green Army.

“We feel Luke will provide good competition with Mike Cooper for the first-team position.”

Welcome back to Home Park, Luke.

The deal is subject to EFL approval.

Luke’s home shirt is sponsored by PLG Consultants, which also sponsors Mike Cooper’s away shirt. McCormick’s away shirt remains available for sponsorship, alongside a number of other Pilgrims for the upcoming 20/21 Sky Bet League One season.

For more information on sponsorship opportunities at Home Park, contact our commercial team on 01752 302204, or email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Plymouth close to new signings amid Ryan Hardie speculation while another Blackpool man could also be heading for the exit door

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 3:05 pm

No mention of Luke's "holiday".
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

At least he didn't take it abroad....... Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 5:05 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

apparently its just one of those things that happens all the time according to some fans.

He can have his career hes done his time and all that which im fine with but at the sametime im put off him by some of the fans who really do make me sick with the hero god like worshipping of him and trying the gloss over what he did that i cant be happy he's back even if it is as a backup keeper.

Plus hes 37 years old and well past his prime why are we not looking for a keeper who is in his prime to challenge cooper and back him up? i can only assume this signing was done cause he was cheap and the money saved will go into other areas.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 5:46 pm

zyph wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

During a pandemic...

and then moan non-stop when other people are doing the same.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 8:08 pm

Rickler wrote:
zyph wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

During a pandemic...

Harves right about one thing you are a monstrous feckin troll. I didn't go on holiday in the midst of a pandemic there was no Covid down here at all or in Sri Lanka where I traveled to. When I left there was talk about a few cases in London and we were told not to worry about herd immunity and all that. I was aware that it may have kicked off but to be perfectly honest like a the majority of people I didn't think it would go the way it did, no one did. With hindsight I wouldn't have gone if like you I had the ability to see a completely unprecedented world wide pandemic, remember we had SARS, Swine Flu and all sorts that were predicted to be a pandemic and weren't then I wouldn't have bought the tickets but once bought if I'd cancelled then I would have lost the money so I went.
Also if you read what I'm saying about Spain (it's obvious you have) I think you'll find I'm doing no more than everybody else in the world expressing an opinion. Not moaning, not picking apart peoples spelling, not making guesses at people's mental health so why don't you actually try and post an opinion instead of following your Nool like obseesion of trolling everything anyone on your hit list says. Feck off you sad cnut.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 12:00 pm

Hardie joins on loan (again)

Scottish striker Ryan Hardie has returned to Home Park on a season-long loan.

The 23-year-old former Rangers striker joins from fellow Sky Bet League One side Blackpool.

Stranraer-born Hardie joined Ryan Lowe’s Pilgrims on-loan from the Seasiders in the January transfer window, making an instant impact in his first game – scoring within five minutes of his debut off the bench in the 3-0 victory at Carlisle United.

Despite having only joined the Greens midway through the 19/20 Sky Bet League Two season, Hardie made a crucial contribution to the Pilgrims’ campaign, bagging seven goals in just 13 appearances, of which only five were starts – averaging a goal every 81 minutes of game time.

The pacey striker’s goals, including the last-minute winner in the 3-2 victory away at Salford City in February, helped fire Argyle into the promotion places before the season was suspended, and subsequently ended, due to the coronavirus pandemic.

A Scotland youth international at every level between under-16 and under-21, Hardie began his youth career playing for Rangers, the team he supported growing up. A self-proclaimed finisher, Ryan turned pro in 2014, and his five-year senior stay at Ibrox was punctuated with loan spells at Raith Rovers and St Mirren, before heading to the Almondvale Stadium for two loan spells with Livingston.

Hardie finished both loan seasons with Livi as the team’s top goalscorer – first as they won promotion from the Scottish Championship, and again in Scotland’s top tier a year later. Ryan will wear the no.9 shirt at Home Park for the upcoming season.

Welcome back, Ryan.

The deal is subject to EFL approval.

Ryan’s 20/21 season home and away shirts are sponsored by Zoom Associates.

Dave Jones, director of Zoom Associates, said: “It’s great to see Ryan back again and Zoom is delighted to sponsor him for the coming season to carry on where he left off.”

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 12:27 pm

good signing pity its not a perm one but nevermind still a good signing to make none the less. Hardie and Jephcott had a good pairing last season now they can have a whole season to build on that. Very pleased we got him back.

At least there is one signing so far that im happy about that doesnt have the fans pissing me off over Smile
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 5:24 pm

Old Chinese proverbs says, "man who gets pissed off by kids on twitter should put his phone down".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 5:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Old Chinese proverbs says, "man who gets pissed off by kids on twitter should put his phone down".

but here i am still.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 10:30 pm

Another from Confucious (I'm sure)
Man with hole in his pocket
He feel cocky all day long
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 7:20 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
zyph wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

During a pandemic...

Harves right about one thing you are a monstrous feckin troll. I didn't go on holiday in the midst of a pandemic there was no Covid down here at all or in Sri Lanka where I traveled to. When I left there was talk about a few cases in London and we were told not to worry about herd immunity and all that. I was aware that it may have kicked off but to be perfectly honest like a the majority of people I didn't think it would go the way it did, no one did. With hindsight I wouldn't have gone if like you I had the ability to see a completely unprecedented world wide pandemic, remember we had SARS, Swine Flu and all sorts that were predicted to be a pandemic and weren't then I wouldn't have bought the tickets but once bought if I'd cancelled then I would have lost the money so I went.
Also if you read what I'm saying about Spain (it's obvious you have) I think you'll find I'm doing no more than everybody else in the world expressing an opinion. Not moaning, not picking apart peoples spelling, not making guesses at people's mental health so why don't you actually try and post an opinion instead of following your Nool like obseesion of trolling everything anyone on your hit list says. Feck off you sad cnut.

Further words superfluous...... Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 9:04 am

Angry wrote:
The team are back in pre season training today.  no doubt there will be lots of photos and videos of them running around available to see throughout the day.

We may even get the answer to the age old question has the arrogant mcfadzean made his mind up

If you look on Argyle first team squad photos, every one who has left the club has had their photo blanked but Callum
McFadzean is still there. but will be soon taken down

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 10:03 am

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
The team are back in pre season training today.  no doubt there will be lots of photos and videos of them running around available to see throughout the day.

If you look on Argyle first team squad photos, every one who has left the club has had their photo blanked but Callum
McFadzean is still there.

in new gear or last seasons mug shot? hos contract has expired or will be by tomorrow so we should know very soon either way what hes finally decided. I still fairly confident hes turned it down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 10:41 am

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:

McFadzean is still there.

in new gear or last seasons mug shot? hos contract has expired or will be by tomorrow so we should know very soon either way what hes finally decided. I still fairly confident hes turned it down.

he has finally made his mind up

Wing-back Callum McFadzean has departed Home Park after one season with Ryan Lowe’s Pilgrims.

The left-sided player, 26, made 30 appearances for the Greens last season, scoring five times – including twice on debut in Argyle’s 19/20 Sky Bet League Two opening day win at Crewe Alexandra.

Having become a father for the first time during the off-season, ‘Fadz’ has made the decision to remain closer to home, and the club wishes him all the best in his future endeavours.

good player but not irreplaceable the fact hes taken this long to decide to reject the deal using the fact he had a kid is pretty pathetic reason. He used us to get himself a better deal elsewhere and by this announcement its worked. The club should have been firmer with him and told him to agree or go months ago.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 11:18 am

So bar Luke we have the same players as last year minus McFaz and the other cast offs. Will we sin a couple of free agents or a couple of loans, We will struggle without some better firepower and defenders.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 2:29 pm

Ryan Lowe will check out a trialist left wing-back at Plymouth Argyle’s pre-season training next week.

The un-named player from a Championship club is being brought in by Lowe after the departure of Callum McFadzean was confirmed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 10:43 am

lewis page is the unnamed trialist according to the kids. Was with Charlton last season
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 4:00 pm

UPDATE as of 13th August.

Goal Keepers
Michael Cooper
Luke McCormick

Defenders
Will Aimson
Ollie Tomlinson
Gary Sawyer
Ryan Law
Niall Canavan
Scott Wootton
Jarvis Cleal

Midfielders
Joe Edwards
Danny Mayor
Adam Randell
Conor Grant
Panutche Camará

Strikers
Byron Moore
Dom Telford
Rubin Wilson
Klaidi Lolos
Luke Jephcott
Ryan Hardie (loan)
Frank Nouble

What i feel we still need.

1 Central Defender (with pace)
1 Central Midfielder
1 Left Wing Back

*maybe another Left Wing Back also if Ryan Law isn't showing he could step up or needs another loan out before hand like with Jephcott or certainly one who could play on the right also would be a help.

** As George Cooper isnt coming back, someone who can create and play make too could also be on the cards as we cant just rely on Mayor as we saw last season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News   2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

2020/ 21 Squad and Pre-season News
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next