shonbo
harvetheslayer
Mook
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mook

Mook

Worst player ever on Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 12:26 pm

I often see Peter Swan named as our worst ever signing/player which a few on Pasoti are saying. This is just before my time supporting Argo, why is he so hated and what did he do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 12:28 pm

i wouldnt say he was the worst player ever.

i just started supporting the club around the time he joined and i think it was a case of him being a record signing not working out and him coming out with comments that living in plymouth killed his dog in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 12:33 pm

Gotcha thanks. An odd thing to blame Plymouth on though
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 12:38 pm

Swan was a good player but he simply never wanted to practice it at Argyle

Worst player....Dougie Anderson
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 3:34 pm

Swan was also ex Burnley. Burnley caused us a lot of pain over the years and I never saw him play a decent game for us. Sad
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 4:12 pm

Worst signing was Taribo West. Great player about thirty years before we signed him. Worst player? Where do you even start, Swan was very disappointing but I'd put him in the same bag as Maclean, couldn't be arsed and a huge disappointment. Probably the Fireman or the other Irish boy who scored forty goals in non league and should have stayed there.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Wasn’t Swan once quoted as saying it was “time for another signing on fee” when declaring his wantaway thoughts?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Around the Fletcher/Bent years, there was a whole host of duff players that could be bracketed as the worst player, but Hamza Bencherif stood out for me in terms of crapness.
I thought the fireman was Welsh?, the Irish forty goal pretend George Best at pub team level was Rory Patterson.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Peter Swan was signed at the insistence of Dan666

He was never happy having to live in this part of the Country.

As for worst player ever, take your pick from most "players" (I used that term with caution) from the Kemp era-except Marker, Wilmot and Morrison.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 7:27 pm

i cant remeber the name of the french defender peter reid signed who was the absolute shits not blanchard although i think he was a fletcher signing but lad something is all i recall.

But who can forget fireman sam? and that midfielder del bhey signed who made one appearance and never again he was that bad David Ijaha?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm

Angry wrote:
i cant remeber the name of the french defender peter reid signed who was the absolute shits  not blanchard although i think he was a fletcher signing but lad something is all i recall.

But who can forget fireman sam?  and that midfielder del bhey signed who made one appearance and never again he was that bad David Ijaha?

Ladji Soukona I think he was called?

Both Rhys Griffiths and Ijaha looked good to begin with, but neither could cope with the fitness side of the professional game. Both Poundshop signings that quickly returned to the 99p store.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Angry wrote:
i cant remeber the name of the french defender peter reid signed who was the absolute shits  not blanchard although i think he was a fletcher signing but lad something is all i recall.

But who can forget fireman sam?  and that midfielder del bhey signed who made one appearance and never again he was that bad David Ijaha?

Ladji Soukona I think he was called?

Both Rhys Griffiths and Ijaha looked good to begin with, but neither could cope with the fitness side of the professional game. Both Poundshop signings that quickly returned to the 99p store.

thats the fella thankyou chem.

When you consider Ijaha was signed before Fox who was a "panic signing" its a crazy scenario to have witnessed where he was seen as first choice before one of he best midfielders of modern times that i've seen a home park. Rhys Griffiths may have been a good signing had he been an impact sub but we threw too much pressure on a guy who only turned pro at 31 and dickhead and his band of twats (rip foza nerde) didnt help matters on that front.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 9:08 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Worst signing was Taribo West. Great player about thirty years before we signed him. Worst player? Where do you even start, Swan was very disappointing but I'd put him in the same bag as Maclean, couldn't be arsed and a huge disappointment. Probably the Fireman or the other Irish boy who scored forty goals in non league and should have stayed there.

I first saw Taribo in a PSF at Torquay. He was supposed to be 30 years old or something but the way he was running and turning you could easily add another 20 years on that. Amother worst signing but clearly a good player was Mpenza.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 5:11 am

Taribo West is 46 currently and his start and end of career playing stats certainly indicate that.
Entry on Wiki from Zarko Zecevic former general secretary of Partizan, said that West is 12 years older than his claimed age

Taribo refuted the claim. I cant see anything from other clubs that doubted his age. One of those internet myths that has turned into internet fact.

Who knows for sure though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 am

Taribo whoaaaa his hair was Green and Gold but now he's going bald....Sung at his first appearance for Argyle we were all saying "how feckin old is he?" As for Mpenza he could have saved our bacon his first appearance was I think against Cardiff and he came on a powered through for two goals to make it three all. Trouble is Luggy gave him his my way or highway speech and he told him to fook off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst player ever on Pasoti   Worst player ever on Pasoti Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst player ever on Pasoti
Page 1 of 1