The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Statement from Simon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Statement from Simon Empty
PostSubject: Statement from Simon   Statement from Simon EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 9:11 pm

I apologise for the lack of clarity about the recent cash injection to Argyle between the time when we announced it and this week’s filing at Companies House.

I know some fans have taken grief for wondering aloud on social media whether the money had actually arrived, or how much it was - both of which have been legitimate concerns, in my view.

We said earlier that the cash had already hit the club bank account at the end of June, but didn’t disclose the amount, £3.5million.

Let me explain this week’s Companies House report, that 3.5 million shares were issued to cancel an outstanding loan. That is strictly true, but the underlying truth is that the club received a cash injection in exchange for issuing new shares.

Upon receipt of the cash (an asset), the club had to enter a liability (a short term, interest-free loan from me) in its books. That was simply because we had not yet done the paperwork to issue 3.5 million new shares. Once completed, a couple of weeks later, the club issued me the new shares, and, in exchange, I cancelled the short-term loan.

Net result, Argyle has the cash, and I have the new shares.

We could, of course, have waited until the legal niceties had been completed, but we wanted to be able to show the cash on the club’s balance sheet as at June 30, our financial year end. I hope that’s clear.

As I’ve said before, this will be the last cash injection from me. Argyle, like all football clubs, and, indeed, football itself, is not yet out of the financial problems caused by this pandemic. This fresh cash plus existing resources will be enough to see us through the worst financial scenarios that result from playing behind closed doors, or with limited crowds, but that could change.

Of course, the outlook could also change for the better, in which case Argyle will have a financial cushion against another loss of revenues.

I’d like to thank everyone for their support, whether through messages, the Argyle Superstore, or through season-ticket renewal. I’d also like to thank almost all of you for your continued patience.

We have, however, had several cases of our ticketing people being abused over the phone, and even our shop staff receiving abuse from a few who were looking to renew season tickets in person.

We simply will not tolerate such abuse - there is no excuse for it.

We are operating under difficult circumstances and trying very hard to save money. That means that we will not always have the resources to provide the levels of service to which we would aspire under normal circumstances. Those resources are precious, and need to be husbanded carefully.

As I’ve said before, the club’s priority at the moment is survival. I’m sure most fans understand and support us in this regard.

Together, we will reach our goal.

Simon
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Simon   Statement from Simon EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 9:13 pm

We have, however, had several cases of our ticketing people being abused over the phone, and even our shop staff receiving abuse from a few who were looking to renew season tickets in person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very disappointing by a few fans

I could not have receive more help then I did from Nicki and her staff over the last two days.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Simon   Statement from Simon EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 10:12 pm

He's put money into his loss making business to cover expected losses.

Which, in the current situation, many, many business owners are doing.

The long term hope is that he'll get his money back when he sells his business, or his shares if you want to put it that way.

He hasn't given any money away to anyone else or given any cash to a football team or to football fans.
He's just doing what business owners do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Simon   Statement from Simon EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 10:42 pm

Grovehill wrote:

The long term hope is that he'll get his money back when he sells his business, or his shares if you want to put it that way.

He hasn't given any money away to anyone else or given any cash to a football team or to football fans.

very true all investors want a return on their investment some with added interest im not sure if simon is planning on that being added on when he comes to sell up or not but we shall find out when the day comes. Safe to say aslong as his money is helping the club grow into a better state than when he took over than its all we as fans can hope for. so far so good.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Simon   Statement from Simon EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 7:15 am

Grovehill wrote:

The obvious difference to our situation compared to a lot of other clubs, is that many owners saddle their clubs with debt in the form of loans to keep them afloat.

I wouldn’t ever expect you to recognise or acknowledge that, mind.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Simon   Statement from Simon EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 7:56 am

Feck me weve had Brent level service now we have pandemic level staff cuts from Si. I'm amazed anybody has got a ticket.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Simon   Statement from Simon EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 8:03 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

The obvious difference to our situation compared to a lot of other clubs, is that many owners saddle their clubs with debt in the form of loans to keep them afloat.

I wouldn’t ever expect you to recognise or acknowledge that, mind.

I recognise and acknowledge that he's supporting his business.

Rather than saddle his business with a loan that it can't afford, he's created shares to protect his investment. Fair do's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Simon   Statement from Simon Empty

Back to top Go down

Statement from Simon
Page 1 of 1