2021 Six Nations thread.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 1:52 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
The bush telegraph tells me that Bath tried to sign Cipriane but it looks like they will have to wait until next season as the man has been mulling over his options.
No real urgency to improve squads now that PRL have scrapped relegation, supposedly just for this season.
Hopefully they’ll stick to that. Be farcical to carry on like that beyond one season.

BT Sport are far from happy as they only recently signed up to a new £110m three-year deal until 2024. What is upsetting BT bosses is the concern that the relegation moratorium could be extended to four years thereby reducing jeopardy levels in the competition. An industry insider told "The Rugby Paper." "BT Sport don't like this at all as they love the relegation narrative and unless that is built into subsequent seasons, I'm sure they will be seriously considering their future position."
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Angry wrote:
Said it many times the RFU dont give a feck about the game below the premiership and the funding gets cut from them towards the championship and down every year so they may aswell cut the premiership off from the rest and let the other no prem teams compete in their own league pyramid.

*saracens obviously will go up first before they lock it off permanently as the rfu wouldn't want to loose its franchise Laughing

First of all you must realise that Premiership Rugby Limited is close-knit organisation who had promotion / relegation foisted upon them by the RFU. Being a full member of this saintly little club requires a club to own the necessary shares.

When The Chiefs CEO Tony Rowe contacted PRL asking how much money the club would get on being promoted he was told "I'm sorry we cant tell you that." Pressing further, Rowe was told "you'll get 25 B shares and 5 A shares. If you want your P shares you have to be in the Premiership two years and buy them off the club that already has them. "Okay, how much will it cost us?" "Sorry we can't tell you precisely how much."

Driving home, Rowe decided to phone some Premiership chairmen who told him the Chiefs would get something Like £800,000 which was less than half what the established clubs were getting. On top of that, the ground would be checked to see that it met the specifications required. It mattered not one jot that Bath RFC ground is an utter, utter disgrace.

As For Salarycens, they've still got their P shares and so they're a premiership club even if they're in the league below.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 6:03 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Said it many times the RFU dont give a feck about the game below the premiership and the funding gets cut from them towards the championship and down every year so they may aswell cut the premiership off from the rest and let the other no prem teams compete in their own league pyramid.

*saracens obviously will go up first before they lock it off permanently as the rfu wouldn't want to loose its franchise Laughing

First of all you must realise that Premiership Rugby Limited is close-knit organisation who had promotion / relegation foisted upon them by the RFU. Being a full member of this saintly little club requires a club to own the necessary shares.

When The Chiefs CEO Tony Rowe contacted PRL asking how much money the club would get on being promoted he was told "I'm sorry we cant tell you that." Pressing further, Rowe was told "you'll get 25 B shares and 5 A shares. If you want your P shares you have to be in the Premiership two years and buy them off the club that already has them. "Okay, how much will it cost us?" "Sorry we can't tell you precisely how much."

Driving home, Rowe decided to phone some Premiership chairmen who told him the Chiefs would get something Like £800,000 which was less than half what the established clubs were getting. On top of that, the ground would be checked to see that it met the specifications required. It mattered not one jot that Bath RFC ground is an utter, utter disgrace.

As For Salarycens, they've still got their P shares and so they're a premiership club even if they're in the league below.

oh i know its a exclusive club which is highlighted by your report on how they wanted to screw chiefs over.
The ground situation amazes me as yes bath's ground is awful or was i havent been there for a few years tbf but as crazy as it sounds Albion' ground despite never being finished fully can still pass the test cause as it can hold 10000. Of course albion will never reach the premiership, championship absolutely although they need to get a move on with the plan to get back there as they are in danger of getting stale.

who is watching the wales/england game then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 6:44 pm

well that was feckin mood alternationg after the argyle result lol

two iffy tries but in truth i think england were going to go on and loose it as discipline was gone in that team. I still hope we get tanked by france and ireland next so the RFU bin Jones cause they wont do it if we win those games.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 7:44 pm

Getting penalised for the same thing time and again. Shocking indiscipline and I don't buy Jones excuse players were playing too hard, fook off. The ref was shocking and he should have his and the TMO's decision making scrutinised. First try he told Farrell to take a break then told the welsh to play why the fook didn't he tell Farrell no I'm about to blow play on? Second try since when has it mattered that a ball hits your leg after you have lost control of it and fumbled it along for three or four yards? Absolute twattery of the highest order. I do agree though that we don't deserve to win playing like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 9:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Getting penalised for the same thing time and again. Shocking indiscipline and I don't buy Jones excuse players were playing too hard, fook off. The ref was shocking and he should have his and the TMO's decision making scrutinised. First try he told Farrell to take a break then told the welsh to play why the fook didn't he tell Farrell no I'm about to blow play on? Second try since when has it mattered that a ball hits your leg after you have lost control of it and fumbled it along for three or four yards? Absolute twattery of the highest order. I do agree though that we don't deserve to win playing like that.

the ref was shocking and he will get the blame for this defeat of course from the media. I truly cant understand with the talented crop of players at Eddie's disposal and he either ignores the inform ones for ones who havent played in a year or he has them playing baffling rugby with ill discipline.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 4:39 pm

time to see if France add to England's misery by beating us or prolong it by losing and we keep Eddie Jones in a job for a little longer.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 5:38 pm

Decent game Tbf and not a lot in it, few niggling faults but much improved Curry playing well need to come out all guns blazing could go either way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 6:30 pm

good game well done England. France are going to scary in a few years time given the talented youth they have.

still want eddie out regardless im like freathy on this matter
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 6:37 pm

Excellent game and result England showed some bollocks in the last five minutes, like you say Angers France are looking a good bet for trophies in the next few years. Their defence was fookin awesome.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 9:39 pm

Angry wrote:
good game well done England. France are going to scary in a few years time given the talented youth they have.

Pretty much agree with everything you say. I thought Max Malins had a good game at full-back as did LCD at hooker. I imagine both will keep hold of the shirt next week in Dublin.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 12:07 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

Pretty much agree with everything you say. I thought Max Malins had a good game at full-back as did LCD at hooker. I imagine both will keep hold of the shirt next week in Dublin.

As anticipated, Max Malins and Luke Cowan-Dickie start for England against Ireland in Dublin on Saturday. A leg injury means Henry Slade's outside centre shirt goes to the fortunate Eliot Davy of Saracens (who else) who had in turn had lost the fullback shirt to the excellent Malins in the win against France. Kinda feel sorry for winger Anthony Watson who might find himself starved of possession as Daly has a marked reluctance to pass the bleeding ball. Jonny Hill of the Exeter Chiefs could win his 9th cap if Eddie Jones lets him on for the last 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:41 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

As anticipated, Max Malins and Luke Cowan-Dickie start for England against Ireland in Dublin on Saturday. A leg injury means Henry Slade's outside centre shirt goes to the fortunate Eliot Davy of Saracens (who else) who had in turn had lost the fullback shirt to the excellent Malins in the win against France. Kinda feel sorry for winger Anthony Watson who might find himself starved of possession as Daly has a marked reluctance to pass the bleeding ball. Jonny Hill of the Exeter Chiefs could win his 9th cap if Eddie Jones lets him on for the last 10 minutes.

i had the chiefs game on in the background whilst watch argyle earlier and it was a great game Chiefs played well yet tigers opened them up easy despite being a man down deserved their bonus point. i this Rob Baxter will be happy to have his players back monday,

back to the game today
20-6 to Ireland atm playing .

hopefully Ireland step up a gear and hammer us some more not that i like to see England lose but this is for the greater good and help the RFU understand eddie needs to go and someone new to take over with a bit of time left to get us ready for the world cup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 6:43 pm

Ireland played well some good moments from England but we dont have a clue how to change things up anymore which is where Eddie Jones is redundant in his role. Not sure i agree with the new rule that got the irish player sent off as it looked a little harsh but head contact is a big no no so nothing else to say on the matter. I just hope he isnt given a ridiculous fine and suspension for that as is the case with most red cards in rugby.

Eddie's tactics are dated and whilst i am sure he will land another role somewhere and be a success there he truly has run his course as England coach and the RFU have got to let him go for the greater good for all.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Sexton ran their game and Farrell didn't run ours, Sinckler and Vinipola were a fookin liability. We even gave Ireland a penalty with ball in hand and no Irish players even near our forward line. I'm with Angry now fook off Jones.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Allez Les Bleus!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 8:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sexton ran their game and Farrell didn't run ours, Sinckler and Vinipola were a fookin liability. We even gave Ireland a penalty with ball in hand and no Irish players even near our forward line. I'm with Angry now fook off Jones.

so many saracens players in that squad and none of them are playing at the moment for their club and havent doen for almost a year if not a full year. they wont be playing again till august at least when the season starts for them not sure if championship clubs are playing in that cup competition albion will be playing in over the summer if thats still on... what sane coach would still pick players that aren't playing at all or even training for that matter unless he has vested interest in the team. I wouldn't be shocked when Eddie is binned he ends up there.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 9:06 pm

Angry wrote:
i had the chiefs game on in the background whilst watch argyle earlier and it was a great game Chiefs played well yet tigers opened them up easy despite being a man down deserved their bonus point. i this Rob Baxter will be happy to have his players back monday,

back to the game today
20-6 to Ireland atm playing .

hopefully Ireland step up a gear and hammer us some more not that i like to see England lose but this is for the greater good and help the RFU understand eddie needs to go and someone new to take over with a bit of time left to get us ready for the world cup.

The Chiefs started today much the same as last week against the Quins inasmuch that for the first 15 minutes they looked like they would pulverize them into defeat but all to soon lost lost the initiative and frequently ended parked on their back line. While missing many first teamers, our backs missed the muscle and guile of Whitton in tandem with Hendrickson or Devoto. While O'Flaherty and Woodburn score stunning tries they are slightly built and both failed to pass when both had a tantalizing two man overlap that could easily led to tries.

Leicester have many a good young player coming through and will be a force to be reckoned with as early as next season. However, Leicester fans along with those of Quins and Wasps really get up my nose as they are easily the worst when it comes to whining about whatever that stops their team from winning. It's worth viewing Leicester forum starting on page 23.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 10:05 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

It goes without saying that Ireland have a very good team which features many a player from clubs like Leinster and Munster who have such large pool of players they can rest their top players if they consider the opposition beatable. This has long irritated English clubs who feel they must field their strongest team week in, week out. You only have to check the the Guinness Pro14 tables to confirm the strength of these teams.

I've finally come the opinion that Eddie Jones should be replaced. Going with him you can add Billy Vunipola - time has caught up with him while Kyle Sinckler and Ellis Genge are bad tempered penalty magnets.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 10:02 am

Best moment of the six nations this year was Alun Wynn Jones shell shocked face when France scored that try. Priceless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 10:02 pm

Scotland won against France with a last gasp try

Wales are 6 nations champions
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 11:00 am

Funny as fook yet again. The French guy wandering around with the ball whilst the clock went red then the Scottish players converging from three sides lmfao, they really don't learn do they? Wales will be fookin UN bearable now but it is funny to see the pundits favourites (France) crash and burn spectacularly twice at the death.
Ps. Feck off Jones and take Farrell with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 11:28 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Funny as fook yet again. The French guy wandering around with the ball whilst the clock went red then the Scottish players converging from three sides lmfao, they really don't learn do they? Wales will be fookin UN bearable now but it is funny to see the pundits favourites (France) crash and burn spectacularly twice at the death.
Ps. Feck off Jones and take Farrell with you.

This RFU review into this years competition that theay promised would leave no stone un turned isnt going to result in them getting rid of Jones and his staff more than likely they will keep Jones, insist he freshens up his staff thats gotten worse since he started and the majority of the blame will be aimed at the saracens players only.

Last edited by Angry on Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 2:18 pm

Only the obstinate Jones would select a group of players who haven’t played in months on end, whilst completely ignoring in-form players including the European player of the year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 9:37 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Only the obstinate Jones would select a group of players who haven’t played in months on end, whilst completely ignoring in-form players including the European player of the year.

I struggle to understand why he thought that was a good idea. The Saracens players if they valued playing for England would have sought moves away endorsed by the RFU as they cant afford them with their wage cap but instead they are opting to remain there taken almost a year out of the game and still not in training now and yet somehow they got callups over as you say the European player of the year and several other players who are getting overlooked.

RFU truly needs to cut Jones off and start the rebuild with a new regime now and not let the crafty sod keep his job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2021 Six Nations thread.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next