Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.

Go down 
+3
Rickler
Grovehill
Tgwu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. Empty
PostSubject: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptyFri May 14, 2021 2:29 pm

Argyle head of facilities and supporter services, John Spreadbridge, said: “We are aware that our floodlights are not of the standard required to match the ambition of the football club, and that our lux levels (the measure of lighting quality) were not sufficient.

The board agreed that it would be most efficient to invest in new infrastructure to bring the stadium’s lux levels to Championship standard, with the potential to adapt to Premier League with small adjustments.

"We had a number of local and national companies provide us with options and the decision was made to go with Musco Lighting

The upgrade at Home Park includes installation of 51 1,500kw LED lights arranged in banks on the Lyndhurst Road Stand and the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.

That will give the stadium a uniform lux level of Championship standard for a guaranteed 10-year period.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptyFri May 14, 2021 3:55 pm

Shouldn't this have been looked at when the building works were done?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptyFri May 14, 2021 5:12 pm

Grovehill wrote:

It was...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptyFri May 14, 2021 5:17 pm

if i can watch night games without wearing sunglasses due to the lights blarring right at me ill be happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptyFri May 14, 2021 6:25 pm

Grovehill wrote:

Does it really matter!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptySat May 15, 2021 5:33 am

Remember the old style Pylons we had with the bulbs of that era and when they turned them on they would flicker into life not uniformly until they warmed up and then we'd count lol how many were not working
Suppose it was the equivalent of the low energy bulbs of 10 years ago which took time to get to full brightness as opposed to the Lumen bulbs of today

Good on Hallett for sanctioning the upgrade
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptySat May 15, 2021 7:01 am

Why wouldn’t he upgrade it just adds more bunce to his own business plus what with share issue thing as well gives him good leverage with the bank as well if just in case loans are needed for anythink tbh hallett ain’t done to bad out this
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptySat May 15, 2021 7:05 am

RegGreen wrote:
Why wouldn’t he upgrade it just adds more bunce to his own business plus what with share issue thing as well gives him good leverage with the bank as well if just in case loans are needed for anythink tbh hallett ain’t done to bad out this

Yep, not bad at all... Put in ten million at least and not yet made a penny.

Got any more business advice, Reg?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptySat May 15, 2021 7:07 am

Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Yep, not bad at all...  Put in ten million at least and not yet made a penny.

oh yeah I forgot he does it out the kindness of his heart oh the great leader
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptySat May 15, 2021 9:09 am

Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Wouldn't you think the club is worth more than the ten million he's put in by now?
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptySat May 15, 2021 9:33 am

Guessing that should read 1500w LED lights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptySat May 15, 2021 10:34 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Wouldn't you think the club is worth more than the ten million he's put in by now?

I would have thought so, bit like my house is worth a lot more than I paid for it but until I decide to sell it it’s worth diddly squat in my pocket
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptySat May 15, 2021 10:56 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

I would have thought so, bit like my house is worth a lot more than I paid for it but until I decide to sell it it’s worth diddly squat in my pocket

Unless you found some way to release some equity?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. EmptySat May 15, 2021 11:34 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Unless you found some way to release some equity?

Yes you can, depends on the prospectus which should identify if SH is selling some shares or the company is issuing a new shares option which I assume would increase the value of PAFC in which case his %age would naturally decrease
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.   Flood light on the  roof of the Mayflower Grandstand. Empty

Back to top Go down

Flood light on the roof of the Mayflower Grandstand.
Page 1 of 1