harvetheslayer
Tgwu
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

St Ives Bay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Ives Bay   St Ives Bay - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 8:35 am

Biden warning not to de stabilize peace in NI whilst garnering support for a trade war with China (quite possibly a real war soon) and also asking if we could gang up against Russia with him, luckily the doddery old twat wont be alive to see any of the fallout from his plans of world dominance.
Trump may have been a turkey at least he didn't start a war.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: St Ives Bay   St Ives Bay - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 9:10 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Macrons original putdown that the agreement was written in "English" was superb.

But not for long....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Going back to when de Gaulle hatched a plan with Germany's Chancellor Adenauer whereby French schools would teach German while German schools would teach French. When this story broke the German populace went apoplectic and it was hurriedly dropped. But this wasn't the end of French maneuvering when faced with the problem that recently joined Nordic countries spoke only English as their second language. This led to a scheme whereby the French state would pay for French Language lessons, however, this was quickly changed whereby Brussels would pick up the tab. I believe it has changed even further whereby all EU diplomats are 'required' to speak French.

But why do the French insist on French? Okay, drop English if you must, but Spanish is a world language whereby French is not. I believe Spanish is the 4th most spoken tongue whereby French trails in at 7th.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: St Ives Bay   St Ives Bay - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 2:54 pm

About half an hour ago two massive helicopters with rotors set off a wing on each side went over I guess it was the Bidens carbon neutral transport?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: St Ives Bay   St Ives Bay - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 4:49 pm

Freathy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Sorry wrong picture. Boris brings in the big guns

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like the inshore patrol vessel dazzle camouflage - very WW2

HMS PoW with no aircraft.  If it was a yank carrier there would be F18s/F35s the full length of the flight deck.

Those two helicopters on the Prince of Wales flight deck could well be deployed in the anti-submarine role. Afterall, at least six German u-boats were sunk off the North cornish coast during the last war.

As for fixed-wing fighters: They aren't gonna broadcast such infomation but it's possible that RAF eurofighter-Typhoons and American F-15 & 16s could be holed up at RAF ST Athan or RAF Valley along with such necessary avtur and spares.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St Ives Bay   St Ives Bay - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 5:35 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Sorry wrong picture. Boris brings in the big guns

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like the inshore patrol vessel dazzle camouflage - very WW2

HMS PoW with no aircraft.  If it was a yank carrier there would be F18s/F35s the full length of the flight deck.

Those two helicopters on the Prince of Wales flight deck could well be deployed in the anti-submarine role. Afterall, at least six German u-boats were sunk off the North cornish coast during the last war.

As for fixed-wing fighters: They aren't gonna broadcast such infomation but it's possible that RAF eurofighter-Typhoons and American F-15 & 16s  could be holed up at RAF ST Athan or RAF Valley along with such necessary avtur and spares.

i wonder what kind of trouble they were expecting to have with this much naval presence. Most of the tossers who would attack the G7 leaders are too busy performing artistic bukkae videos on the beach in newquay...

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: St Ives Bay   St Ives Bay - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 5:35 pm

seadog wrote:
If we had enough, the type 45s are classic Tory shite, cost twice as much as they should for inferior equipment and are mostly laid up being re-engined.

How on earth would a politician of any persuasion know the frailties of a warships engines - the chances are that if Boris or any other minister visited a RN warship he'd get no further than the bridge or the wardroom.

"Stand back me hearties and allow Her Majesty to grease a few nipples".

Coming from Guzz I thought you might have been a "Jolly Jack Tar." Now I just wonder if you just simply stepped into John Prescott's shoes ... in which case mines a G & T and go easy on the T. Wink

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: St Ives Bay   St Ives Bay - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 6:11 pm

Looked it up I think it's an American Bell Boeing V22.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: St Ives Bay   St Ives Bay - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 10:55 am

seadog wrote:
If we had enough, the type 45s are classic Tory shite, cost twice as much as they should for inferior equipment and are mostly laid up being re-engined.

Classic Tory shite? As with most things you're quite prepared to lay the Type 45 engine fiasco at the feet of the Tories. However, if we are to apportion the blame correctly as to the identity of the Defence Secretary responsible for the mounting costs and shakedown delays it's necessary to scroll down the link to the paragraph headed: How did this happen?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Ives Bay   St Ives Bay - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

St Ives Bay
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: