Elias
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Afghan   Afghan EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 10:11 pm

How long before kabul falls to the Taliban ....... Tuesday next week I ll predict.
Back to top Go down

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 10:14 pm

much sooner than that and we and usa will be back in the country by january.

the stupidity of biden to withdraw the us troops even after being told the afghan army is shite ad wont hold of the taliban who have been waiting for this day is just going to undo all the work done in that country and all the lives lost would be for what?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 3:12 pm

A good mate of mine did two tours of Afghanistan as well as Iraq. Some of his stories are jaw-droppingly brutal.

The Iraqi’s he said, were totally inept in every respect, as a military opponent. But the Afghans, they were a totally different level. “Warriors”, he called them. Fighting machines, brave, clever and will absolutely battle to the last man standing. It’s inbred in them.

The Russians spent a decade there and couldn’t finish the Mujahideen in the 80’s. Now all the allied efforts and lives list will have been in vain too.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 3:52 pm

What is the answer though? Hunt down and kill every single fan of Sharia law in the sandpit or pull out and let them get on with it? It's a fookin mess but sadly inevitable as was pointed out at the time.
One thing to note is that apart from being heroin dealers (fook all irony there) the Taliban are funded by Putin, Iran and our great mates the Saudis.
My sister fought in the first Gulf war and they were all fuming when they had Saddam holed up and were ordered to withdraw, Saddam regrouped and along came the second war.
All the service people I know are asking questions about what they archieved in Afghanistan, very, very sad and a humanitarian disaster unfolding before our very eyes.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 4:24 pm

Religion once again providing an excuse for slaughter. The emphasis on suppressing women and girls is particularly shite.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 5:07 pm

"You can't educate pork" Pocahontas 1615
Back to top Go down

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 5:16 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
A good mate of mine did two tours of Afghanistan as well as Iraq. Some of his stories are jaw-droppingly  brutal.

The Iraqi’s he said, were totally inept in every respect, as a military opponent. But the Afghans, they were a totally different level. “Warriors”, he called them. Fighting machines, brave, clever and will absolutely battle to the last man standing. It’s inbred in them.

The Russians spent a decade there and couldn’t finish the Mujahideen in the 80’s. Now all the allied efforts and lives list will have been in vain too.  

no one has ever conquered that country, alexander the great, british empire, soviet union to name the main triers the usa never did either despite remaining in the country for 20 years the Taliban know the terrain of Afghanistan better than anyone and they knew this time would come and Pakistan helping them they have done what general Aidid did when the us went into Somalia hid waited till they left then retook their old territory.
Biden will end up deploying the troops back there there is no way he cant and his position will look even weaker than it is now.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 5:59 pm

Civil war looming in Afghanistan

Could IS also join the fray ?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 9:15 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

Think they may avoid confrontation
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 9:21 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

Think they may avoid confrontation
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 2:29 pm

At the end of the day you can’t blame the taliban wanting their country back to run it as they want to.

How would we feel if another country came here and started to change things like education, social, and family conditions. We would resist like feck.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 3:16 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
At the end of the day you can’t blame the taliban wanting their country back to run it as they want to.

How would we feel if another country came here and started to change things like education, social, and family conditions. We would resist like feck.

Really? ... it's happening right under our noses, we're being invaded by stealth and our living conditions have changed, albeit gradually. I'm seeing very little resistance though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 3:21 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Really? ... it's happening right under our noses, we're being invaded by stealth and our living conditions have changed, albeit gradually. I'm seeing very little resistance though.

Happening a lot more drastically in the sticks, townies moaning about shooting, mud and shit on the road, chainsaws, it's mental. They have an idea of what the country is like and when the reality doesn't fit their perception they start wailing like bitches.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 9:09 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I think there would be a huge amount of resistance Les, but like so many other issues it’s a taboo subject.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 9:37 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
I think there would be a huge amount of resistance Les, but like so many other issues it’s a taboo subject.

Covid has proved there wouldn't be
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 9:24 am

Biden just last month. The silence of Rabb and Johnson is deafening apart from Johnsons soundbite of the British soldiers didnt die in vain. Gormless drunken moronic twat

If only Rory Stewart has succeeded in his leadership battle...more sense than the entire cabinet combined

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 9:52 am

blair and bush's legacy lives on with the failure of afghanistan and soon to be iraq cause thats not going to be long till that country desends into chaos once the last remaining forces leave there too.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 10:18 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Biden just last month. The silence of Rabb and Johnson is deafening apart from Johnsons soundbite of the British soldiers didnt die in vain. Gormless drunken moronic twat

If only Rory Stewart has succeeded in his leadership battle...more sense than the entire cabinet combined

Do you want Johnson to invade again?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 10:19 am

Shades of Saigon underway

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 11:42 am

Parliament now being recalled after pressure from Kier Starmer. Johnson will have to get out of bed finally..... doubtless with a hangover
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 3:14 pm

More refugees for Farge and Vacnut to take aim at, lovely.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 3:20 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Parliament now being recalled after pressure from Kier Starmer. Johnson will have to get out of bed finally..... doubtless with a hangover

Very odd for Starmer to be out of bed on a Sunday in fact at all, havent seen him in weeks tbh.
Back to top Go down

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 4:53 pm

Boris is going to have little to no option available to him other than deploying troops back in the region to regain control and probably end up staying put again whether he wants too or not as President Biden is right in what he says the Afghan Army have to learn to defend their own country and its quite clear they cant.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 8:20 pm

What would be the human cost of invading again? I wouldn't support another war I didn't support the last one as we all knew what the outcome would be.
Back to top Go down

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
What would be the human cost of invading again? I wouldn't support another war I didn't support the last one as we all knew what the outcome would be.

Going in was correct unlike Iraq which was illegal and no legit reason and still to this day they haven't found wmd's,  Afghanistan under the Taliban was harboring Al Qaeda and training terrorists with many camps there so that needed to be stopped. I blame bush and Blair for rushing to invade as much as i blame the UN for not thinking it through before going in as to what to do once they removed the Taliban and destroyed the training camps.

My only hope is the UN and the Taliban have a treaty where they ensure Afghanistan is run democratically and they dont open the doors to Al Qaeda to return and run their operations again from that country. That cant and wont be allowed to return and the Taliban wont agree to that so i dont think there will be any choice left for the UN but to redeploy and get it right this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Afghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghan   Afghan Empty

Back to top Go down

Afghan
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: