Les Miserable
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 6:51 pm

They shaded it first half we had a real let off with their offside which I thought was debatable and without it they had a stonewall penalty. Anyway second half we got better and better quality chest down to Edwards booom! After that only going to be one winner and for last twenty minutes we were by far the better side. Green army in fine voice as we all could see what a big game this was to win, Oxford will struggle to get into playoffs again the way everybody Is going so strong. Mom for me was Edwards, Ennis was very good and worked his bollocks off, plaudits due to most of the defence and also Law had an excellent game. Job done, Freathy you're full of shit, we are worth our place in the playoffs. We wont win all our remaining games but we will win enough for playoffs of that I am sure, not a classic match but a great day out.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 7:20 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
They shaded it first half we had a real let off with their offside which I thought was debatable and without it they had a stonewall penalty. Anyway second half we got better and better quality chest down to Edwards booom! After that only going to be one winner and for last twenty minutes we were by far the better side. Green army in fine voice as we all could see what a big game this was to win, Oxford will struggle to get into playoffs again the way everybody Is going so strong. Mom for me was Edwards, Ennis was very good and worked his bollocks off, plaudits due to most of the defence and also Law had an excellent game. Job done, Freathy you're full of shit, we are worth our place in the playoffs. We wont win all our remaining games but we will win enough for playoffs of that I am sure, not a classic match but a great day out.

Pretty much as i saw it. Oxford were getting behind the Argyle defence far too easily in the first twenty minutes, great save from Cooper but should have been buried. At this stage of the season Argyle really need to be careful about the possession football in the box-nearly cost a goal today as it did against Pompey. Oxford fans were moaning like buggery at Plymouth station about the penalty that wasn't but if it was offside then it was offside, not sure how they could tell for sure.Anyway Argyle got stronger in the second half, great cross from Law, set up from Ennis [who i also thought had a great game] and top technique from Edwards for the control and volley. After that the game opened up and Argyle dominated without creating many clear cut chances although Garrick shot wastefully over. Huge win which in my mind seals a play off spot, just need to keep grinding and see where it takes us.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 7:21 pm

cant say it was a good game quite dull as the clubs efforts compared to previous years for armed forces day beyond the RM band and the falkland vets. Cooper pulled of a world class save in the first half i was very impressed with, we got a baled out from the linesman when our defence went to sleep waiting for the refs whistle again with the offside after a blatant foul on the oxford player for penalty but as he was offside it wasn't rewarded.

Edwards scored a cracker which i felt was the only way either team where going to break the deadlock as we didnt really trouble the oxford keeper nor did they with us bar the two good saves from cooper.
This win was very important as it pretty much gives us a foot in the playoffs now with one more win to make it two feet.
Hopefully we secure that against Burton so schuey as the opportunity over the last 3 games to rest up some key players ready for the playoffs as given how small our squad is and injuries are starting to rise we need everyone fit!

getting exciting now isnt it
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 8:00 pm

I was sat in block 15 and was pretty well on the offside line that was called, to me he looked onside and I think we may have got away with one there but it's the bloke with the flag that counts so happy days.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 9:02 pm

KARL Robinson felt Oxford United did not get the rub of the green in their 1-0 defeat at promotion rivals Plymouth Argyle.

Joe Edwards’ 56th-minute goal sealed victory for the hosts as the U’s, who were on top before the break, dropped out of the Sky Bet League One play-off places.

Billy Bodin and Gavin Whyte drew excellent saves from Argyle goalkeeper Mike Cooper, but the Northern Ireland international was at the centre of a controversial moment just after the half-hour mark.

Read the match report here

The forward ran onto Mark Sykes’ through ball and was flagged offside, despite replays suggesting otherwise.

Whyte was clattered by Plymouth wing-back Ryan Law and referee Ollie Yates initially pointed to the penalty spot, only to change his mind when he saw the linesman’s flag.

Robinson claimed it was not the only decision given against United on that flank as he rued a frustrating defeat.

United’s head coach said: “He made decisions that questioned in my belief in neutral decision-making.

“There was a throw-in that the whole ground could see that he still tried to give the other way. They nearly scored from the counter-attack from that.

“The penalty is onside by so much, the lad’s nowhere near and he’s smashed him – it’s a sending-off and a penalty.”

Robinson added: “I’m a little bit stuck for words because I have to be careful.

“My players need to start diving more, because when you touch certain people and they go down the referee falls for it.

“A lot of things that went on really shocked me.

“It’s a hard job, but don’t the rules say that you’ve got to give the benefit of the doubt to the striker?

“Don’t get it wrong (in a way) that leads to a defensive decision. That was the bit that infuriated me.”

It is a big result for fourth-placed Argyle, who move to 77 points with five games left of the season.

The U's, meanwhile, are out of the top six by a point, thanks to Sunderland’s last-minute winner against Gillingham.

Argyle’s players and fans celebrated victory wildly and Robinson said he and his players had taken note.

United's boss added: “We just had the dressing room door open to listen to their celebrations.

“We’ll be seeing these again, it’s no problem with me.

“We turn the music off when we’re up against teams that we’re playing against, because you don’t want to rile people. This might be a Wembley (play-off) game."

He added: “It’s about my players, I only care about my club.

“Sometimes you need to respect other teams a little bit more because we’re a good team, with generally good morals.

“It’s in the filing cabinet this, and I’m sure it’ll be coming out sooner rather than later.”
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 9:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I was sat in block 15 and was pretty well on the offside line that was called, to me he looked onside and I think we may have got away with one there but it's the bloke with the flag that counts so happy days.

Very true.

There is no excusing the defending that lead up to that moment in my eyes and yet again the players waiting for the whistle rather playing till it thats becoming to regular and its already cost us during the season.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 9:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 9:12 pm

[quote="Tgwu"]KARL Robinson felt Oxford United did not get the rub of the green in their 1-0 defeat at promotion rivals Plymouth Argyle.

Joe Edwards’ 56th-minute goal sealed victory for the hosts as the U’s, who were on top before the break, dropped out of the Sky Bet League One play-off places.

Billy Bodin and Gavin Whyte drew excellent saves from Argyle goalkeeper Mike Cooper, but the Northern Ireland international was at the centre of a controversial moment just after the half-hour mark.

Read the match report here

The forward ran onto Mark Sykes’ through ball and was flagged offside, despite replays suggesting otherwise.

Whyte was clattered by Plymouth wing-back Ryan Law and referee Ollie Yates initially pointed to the penalty spot, only to change his mind when he saw the linesman’s flag.

Robinson claimed it was not the only decision given against United on that flank as he rued a frustrating defeat.

United’s head coach said: “He made decisions that questioned in my belief in neutral decision-making.

“There was a throw-in that the whole ground could see that he still tried to give the other way. They nearly scored from the counter-attack from that.

“The penalty is onside by so much, the lad’s nowhere near and he’s smashed him – it’s a sending-off and a penalty.”

Robinson added: “I’m a little bit stuck for words because I have to be careful.

“My players need to start diving more, because when you touch certain people and they go down the referee falls for it.

“A lot of things that went on really shocked me.

“It’s a hard job, but don’t the rules say that you’ve got to give the benefit of the doubt to the striker?

“Don’t get it wrong (in a way) that leads to a defensive decision. That was the bit that infuriated me.”

It is a big result for fourth-placed Argyle, who move to 77 points with five games left of the season.

The U's, meanwhile, are out of the top six by a point, thanks to Sunderland’s last-minute winner against Gillingham.

Argyle’s players and fans celebrated victory wildly and Robinson said he and his players had taken note.

United's boss added: “We just had the dressing room door open to listen to their celebrations.

“We’ll be seeing these again, it’s no problem with me.

“We turn the music off when we’re up against teams that we’re playing against, because you don’t want to rile people. This might be a Wembley (play-off) game."

He added: “It’s about my players, I only care about my club.

“Sometimes you need to respect other teams a little bit more because we’re a good team, with generally good morals.

“It’s in the filing cabinet this, and I’m sure it’ll be coming out sooner rather than later.”[/quote]

I will luvvit if we beat them, luvvit! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 9:13 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Very true.

There is no excusing the defending that lead up to that moment in my eyes and yet again the players waiting for the whistle rather playing till it thats becoming to regular and its already cost us during the season.

Still a bit too much fecking about with the ball from Coopers roll.outs as well.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 1:02 am

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 6:41 am

Another game where we didn't play too well but ground a result out.
glad scarr was fit with the other injuries we needed him to steady things at the back

That pen/offside call, if we closed them down or houghton did what hes meant to do and protected the back 3, wouldn't of been in trouble,

why i can never understand us letting teams run at us and not close them down.

Law did great, edwards mayor ,ennis garrick too.
Super Cooper as well
onto burton see what happens but this does feel like something special
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 10:11 am

Robinson uses the same scriptwriter as the Cleaner's fucktoy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 10:29 am

Jethro wrote:
Another game where we didn't play too well but ground a result out.
glad scarr was fit with the other injuries we needed him to steady things at the back

That pen/offside call, if we closed them down or houghton did what hes meant to do and protected the back 3, wouldn't of been in trouble,

why i can never understand us letting teams run at us and not close them down.

Law did great, edwards mayor ,ennis garrick too.
Super Cooper  as well
onto burton see what happens but this does feel like something special

I think Garrick is a impact player not a starter.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 4:31 pm

Guess Jephers had 2 pre match pasties so had to wait for them to settle till he came on
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 10:30 am

Pretty ropey to start with as they seemed to get behind us at will and probably should have gone ahead but for a couple of excellent saves from Cooper. After that they seemed to run out of puff and ideas.

Decent 2nd half from us, ought to have added to the goal we scored but held on well for the win.

The Oxford boss had a massive whine about a questionable offside decision denying them a penalty (it was offside, I was in line with it and more importantly so was the linesman) and the celebration (we've done it after every win this season and that was particularly massive) but feck him!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 10:57 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Pretty ropey to start with as they seemed to get behind us at will and probably should have gone ahead but for a couple of excellent saves from Cooper. After that they seemed to run out of puff and ideas.

Decent 2nd half from us, ought to have added to the goal we scored but held on well for the win.

The Oxford boss had a massive whine about a questionable offside decision denying them a penalty (it was offside, I was in line with it and more importantly so was the linesman) and the celebration (we've done it after every win this season and that was particularly massive) but feck him!

A whining scouser, whodafoughtit?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 3:15 am

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 10:59 am

QUEST

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2