Greenskin
Les Miserable
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Argyle v Sunderland  Empty
PostSubject: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 7:36 am

Here we go then, down to the nitty gritty.

Not overly confident. UTBA COYG ATID etc etc
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 8:46 am

Bob Stokoe, Micky Horswill, Brian Clough, Monkey head, Niall Quinn etc your boys will take a hell of a beating.....

Hardie could be back according to the paper today, which would be a help. Even though the away performances have been crap for the last few games, home record is still good and naive optimism prevails in the psyche.

2-0

Ennis, Grant
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 8:49 am

I will be wearing my lucky scarf today if that helps. Gonna be tense at the ground today.
COYG cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 8:53 am

I am hoping for my 100% win record this season when I attend, get into them.....Going to be another cagey one imo neither team will want to lose this 1 0, Jeppers.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 9:33 am

On the way bloody rail replacement buses for part of it.

Bit nervous.

Just like us to stumble when it matters.

Same old bastard argyle and all that.

Could scrape a tight win by a goal.

Hope Schumacher was bluffing about Hardie and Edwards.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 10:14 am

Usual pre match routine …just having my pre match full English breakie & doing my football bets got a good feeling about today it ain’t gunna be as hard as we think…Argyle 2-0
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 10:14 am

One thing that will be new to me is using the e ticket with the QR code, I've screenshot it and saved it to gallery, do you just show it in any ticket window?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 10:16 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
One thing that will be new to me is using the e ticket with the QR code, I've screenshot it and saved it to gallery, do you just show it in any ticket window?

Have it up on your phone they scan it like they do your paper ticket.

Use any turnstile you like
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 10:22 am

RegGreen wrote:
Usual pre match routine …just having my pre match full English breakie & doing my football bets got a good feeling about today it ain’t gunna be as hard as we think…Argyle 2-0

Love it Reg, I've struggled with this 'glass half empty' neck brace for decades Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 3:52 pm

Decent half of football, bit tense though. We've just had the better of it, final ball just lacking a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
The Cornflake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 3:55 pm

Seems a bit quiet on the Tv, hoping i have the volume turned down.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 3:57 pm

Cameras pick of the bunch from our lot put in a good shift in the first half
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 4:23 pm

First half was clearly our 'good' half.  Terrible since the break.  We are not going to score and I can see another late show from Sunderland to nick it.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 4:29 pm

Camara injured and out for the rest of the season and very probably now played his last match for Argo. Miserable end to the season.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 5:39 pm

Coughing and spluttering towards the finish in typical bastard Argyle style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 5:42 pm

Can’t score, looking very shaky for the playoffs, really need a win on Saturday, tough ask
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 5:55 pm

Lethargic, clueless performance from both teams, pub football. Playoffs look unlikely and that will be a big disappointment considering where we were, although not expected at the start of the season. We've just lost our way, the players look tired, unable to press forward in numbers like we were a while back, not sure if it's a change of style/tactics implemented by Shoe E and his coaching staff but it's no fun to watch, mayor making himself dizzy literally running around in circles with the ball, hardie clearly not match fit, Houghton a very poor version of a water carrier, can't really find any plusses from today apart from somehow avoiding defeat.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:10 pm

Think we should have won it on balance, our final Ball was often poor.
Agree both teams lacking quality finishing.
Squeaky bum time next couple of games.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:16 pm

Freathy wrote:
Camara injured and out for the rest of the season and very probably now played his last match for Argo. Miserable end to the season.

Have you popped the champagne corks yet?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:36 pm

Remaining fixtures for the Play-Off contenders - excluding Argyle.

19/04
Sheff Wed v Crewe
Oxford v MK Dons

23/04
Wycombe v Sheff Wed
Rotherham v Oxford
MK Dons v Morecambe
Sunderland v Cambridge

26/04
Fleetwood v Sheff Wed
Sunderland v Rotherham

30/04
Burton v Wycombe
Morecambe v Sunderland
Oxford v Doncaster
Sheff Wed v Portsmouth

Possible points

MK Dons = 92
Argyle = 85
Wycombe = 83
Sunderland = 86
Sheff Wed = 88
Oxford = 81

Still in the hunt and it's not over 'til the fat lady sings.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:39 pm

I thought we edged it as others said final ball was lacking missing Edwards like a hole in the defence. Ref was awful Camara had his ankles battered for 60 minutes until they were literally kicked to pieces when he had to go off, didn't look too bad an injury to me. At the end of day we are still in it although we will need points before the seasons end. Tbf Sunderland are no better than us and fully fit we would have beat them.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:40 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Lethargic, clueless performance from both teams, pub football. Playoffs look unlikely and that will be a big disappointment considering where we were, although not expected at the start of the season. We've just lost our way, the players look tired, unable to press forward in numbers like we were a while back, not sure if it's a change of style/tactics implemented by Shoe E and his coaching staff but it's no fun to watch, mayor making himself dizzy literally running around in circles with the ball, hardie clearly not match fit, Houghton a very poor version of a water carrier, can't really find any plusses from today apart from somehow avoiding defeat.

Or you could say the team that plays shyte but doesn't lose is on the road to success.

If MK lose tomorrow and Wigan win, they are up, so might not try too much on Saturday. And if MK can't get automatic promotion in the final game, they might ease off as well.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:49 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Or you could say the team that plays shyte but doesn't lose is on the road to success.

If MK lose tomorrow and Wigan win, they are up, so might not try too much on Saturday. And if MK can't get automatic promotion in the final game, they might ease off as well.

And if your aunty had bollocks etc etc. Long and short of it is the last 3 games we've been very poor and the playoffs are slipping out of our grasp unless all the planets align. I do admire your optimism though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:54 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

And if your aunty had bollocks etc etc. Long and short of it is the last 3 games we've been very poor and the playoffs are slipping out of our grasp unless all the planets align. I do admire your optimism though.

If we'd lost today it would have been game over but we didn't, odds are against us but it's still doable I still think we will get a win against MK and several teams below us have to play each other, it is still doable.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:55 pm

Didn't think it was that bad a game or performance. Tension ridden certainly and a bit of the proverbial game of two halves but not terrible. Thought Argyle had the closest efforts, can't remember too many times that either keeper was called into action though and Argyle's goals have dried up at exactly the wrong time which is a bit of a bugger. Probably a better point for Sunderland than Argyle and a win is desperately needed from somewhere, starting to look a bit shaky. We can but hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Sunderland
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next