mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Tonight... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 10:00 pm

We cannot complete with the bigger spenders so we will never have the strength in depth needed for a serious L1 promotion challenge.  As for Saturday we'll draw at best but Wycombe will beat Burton.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 10:02 pm

Still on match Wycombe result and we are in and they are out, win on Saturday and we are almost gauranteed a Po spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 10:04 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Boils down to Argyle needing to win on Saturday and fingers crossed. MK Dons can still go up automatically, so they won't be coming to park the bus-'tis going to be a day for sturdy hearts to be sure.

freathy was right in another thread  if wycombe win and by 3 goals (i think) then a win for us wont be enough. Its out of our hands now and the only blame for that lays on whoever call it was not to strengthen the squad in January AGAIN! as that AGAIN! has comeback to bite us in the arse hard.

Your assuming as Freathy always does that we’re going to lose or draw, however if we win by 2 goals then our GD is one better than Wycombe’s if they won by 3.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 10:06 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Boils down to Argyle needing to win on Saturday and fingers crossed. MK Dons can still go up automatically, so they won't be coming to park the bus-'tis going to be a day for sturdy hearts to be sure.

freathy was right in another thread  if wycombe win and by 3 goals (i think) then a win for us wont be enough. Its out of our hands now and the only blame for that lays on whoever call it was not to strengthen the squad in January AGAIN! as that AGAIN! has comeback to bite us in the arse hard.

Your assuming as Freathy always does that we’re going to lose or draw, however if we win by 2 goals then our GD is one better than Wycombe’s if they won by 3.

Our GD is worth a point right now, Freathy was saying it was over months ago, he's been consistently wrong so far all season. Long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 10:14 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

i'm going by the fact we will be missing key players who are out injured, we have key players playing when they are not clearly fit cause we dont have anyone else to play cause our squad is so small as AGAIN! we didnt strengthen the squad in January and we are to expect this team to not only beat mk dons who will be up for this game more so due to their own promotion hopes riding on it but be competitive against whoever in the playoffs should we pull it off when the players havent been up for it for a few weeks cause the squad is fatigued and struggling cause we cant rotated players to give them rest bites other than upfront cause AGAIN! we didnt strengthen in January.

Its too big an ask imo and that's what im basing my view that the playoffs are over unless we get manna from heaven to get us there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 10:22 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

i'm going by the fact we will be missing key players who are out injured, we have key players playing when they are not clearly fit cause we dont have anyone else to play cause our squad is so small as AGAIN! we didnt strengthen the squad in January and we are to expect this team to not only beat mk dons who will be up for this game more so due to their own promotion hopes riding on it but be competitive against whoever in the playoffs should we pull it off when the players havent been up for it for a few weeks cause the squad is fatigued and struggling cause we cant rotated players to give them rest bites other than upfront cause AGAIN! we didnt strengthen in January.

Its too big an ask imo and that's what im basing my view that the playoffs are over unless we get manna from heaven to get us there.

Angry I’ll pour my half full glass into your half empty one if you like it might help lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 10:31 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Yes, i may not be Einstein but i am able to take on board that fact. What i meant to convey was that Argyle cannot approach the game in any sort of a "draw may be enough" frame of mind [although of course it may be even now-it isn't a certainty that Wycombe will beat Burton by one goal, let alone three] and will need to take a positive attitude to ensure that things remain in their own hands as far as possible. If Wycombe do surpass Argyle via goal difference after wins for both teams then so be it, it'll be the unluckiest miss out in play off history.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 10:02 am

Rotherham and Sunderland are both away to teams needing a result to avoid relegation. A determined Burton held Argyle to a draw recently.

No one can start counting chickens yet.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 10:36 am

I was like Angry in so much as I thought we were a mid table side this season yet here we are AHEAD of Wycombe albeit on GD with a playoff spot up for grabs, until its over on Saturday I remain slightly optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 2:45 pm

I think I said a few weeks back that the final run in against the top sides would maybe cost us a play-off spot. The fact we can still do it with 90mins to play is possibly par as far as that prediction goes.

We’ve actually been quite unlucky in that only Rotherham have had a wobble. The form of all the others around us has been largely superb.

We simply cannot absorb to absences of Galloway, Camara, Edwards and Hardie for the periods they’ve been out.....and still expect to be one of the top six, given our budget.

It’s been an excellent season. I’m not expecting to maintain 6th spot, but if we do it’ll be a huge feather in Shueys cap.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 3:16 pm

Its incredible that we could reach 83 points and still not qualify for the play-offs. Every team around has either not slipped up or when it has slipped up, slipped up in a manner unhelpful to us. EG Sheff Weds losing at Wycombe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonight...   Tonight... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tonight...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2