akagreengull
Jethro
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 8:29 am

Obviously the result is irrelevant so I will ignore the score line, here's my take on the fitness, overall not too bad most players managed to run up and down quite a lot for 45 minutes with some even managing a full 90! Miller looks like he has been in the gym a fair bit, very good physique and nice legs. All the new guys can run fairly fast, can they keep it up for the season, that's the million dollar question? As for the strikers, lot's of huff and puff, maybe they are not fit enough? Jeppers, one more pasty and he's dead.
Overall I would say we are quite a bit fitter than Torquay.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 8:46 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Obviously the result is irrelevant so I will ignore the score line, here's my take on the fitness, overall not too bad most players managed to run up and down quite a lot for 45 minutes with some even managing a full 90! Miller looks like he has been in the gym a fair bit, very good physique and nice legs. All the new guys can run fairly fast, can they keep it up for the season, that's the million dollar question? As for the strikers, lot's of huff and puff, maybe they are not fit enough? Jeppers, one more pasty and he's dead.

So we should be we have been in pre season training for 10 days more than Torquay and played a cuple more too so im happy they are coming along nicely fitness wise barr Jephcott it seems.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 9:20 am

My mate who has the ST next to me went. 

Said looked hungry and direct throughout. Seemed to line up in a 4-5-1 with Ennis on his own up top. The new wide players were very quick and keen to get forward, Azaz looked lively and scored a good goal.

Difficult to read too much into it though as Torquay were dogshit and had we been lest wasteful we might have put 8 or more past them.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 1:25 pm

5 goals
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 1:29 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
My mate who has the ST next to me went. 

Said looked hungry and direct throughout. Seemed to line up in a 4-5-1 with Ennis on his own up top. The new wide players were very quick and keen to get forward, Azaz looked lively and scored a good goal.

Difficult to read too much into it though as Torquay were dogshit and had we been lest wasteful we might have put 8 or more past them.

Like they say, you can only play against what is in front of you. Glad the lads had a good run out and scored five goals.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 2:45 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

So we should be we have been in pre season training for 10 days more than Torquay and played a cuple more too so im happy they are coming along nicely fitness wise barr Jephcott it seems.
strange one with jeppers like last season his bulked up that much he can only last 65 to 70minutes in games but the season prior to that he was getting on the end of things and burying em the trouble is since bulked his lost a yard & half of pace and his not getting on the end of things has with seen and missing the chances that he would have put away season before last I don’t really know the answers for jeppers maybe tone down the bulkyness stay off the weights and bit of stamina training drops a few pounds hopefully that sharpness he had returns
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 3:26 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

strange one with jeppers like last season his bulked up that much he can only last 65 to 70minutes in games but the season prior to that he was getting on the end of things and burying em the trouble is since bulked his lost a yard & half of pace and his not getting on the end of things has with seen and missing the chances that he would have put away season before last I don’t really know the answers for jeppers maybe tone down the bulkyness stay off the weights and bit of stamina training drops a few pounds hopefully that sharpness he had returns

It's funny really Reg that me and you were one of the only ones that stuck behind Jeppers last season but now because of daring to criticize SI and his Jumbotronic mania we are being painted as doom and gloom merchants? I'd love him to find his scoring boots again but how many seasons can we keep paying strikers that aren't scoring many goals?
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 4:18 pm

According to Pisspoti it looks like we are trying a 3-4-2-1. So I suspect we might go something like this on the opening day

Coops
                    Wilson Scarr Glilepshey
              Edwards Butcher Randell Miller
                            Mayor Azaz
                                Hardie
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 4:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 5:04 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
According to Pisspoti it looks like we are trying a 3-4-2-1. So I suspect we might go something like this on the opening day

Coops
                    Wilson Scarr Glilepshey
              Edwards Butcher Randell Miller
                            Mayor Azaz
                                Hardie

if that is indeed what we would play from now on formation wise again I ask why are we bringing in a winger cause Cleary we dont need one. A striker we do despite now playing with one up front and 3 strikers who proven they cant play on there own up front.

The head of recruitment should be looking for a striker who can play there and not someone we hope can do.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 11:07 am

He won't play as a winger, he'll play off the front 2, picking up wide positions and I Don't see the problem. the formation makes a lot of sense to me, last season I felt we were overun in midlield too often whilst the 2 strikers rarely linked up togther.

If you look at MK Dons who were probably closest to us in style last season their top scorer was Scott Twine who played that role.

Neither of their strikers bothered the scoring charts
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 11:50 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
He won't play as a winger, he'll play off the front 2, picking up wide positions and I Don't see the problem. the formation makes a lot of sense to me, last season I felt we were overun in midlield too often whilst the 2 strikers rarely linked up togther.

If you look at MK Dons who were probably closest to us in style last season their top scorer was Scott Twine who played that role.

in that case having a winger/striker on the flanks is a good idea but it doesnt takeaway the issue that we need an out and out striker up front who can play in that position to make full use of it also begs the question who else could play there on the other side of the formation. Jephcott too unfit and doesnt seem willing to change that or adapt his game from a poacher, Ennis just isnt good enough and Hardie possibly could but he needs the right support and adapt his game to being a lone striker to make it work.

I see schumacher in the paper says there is still money left in the transfer budget for one more player so i gather he knows he needs to address that if he is indeed going (3) defenders (2) wing backs (2) midfielder (2) wide attackers (1) striker
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 3:02 pm

Angry wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

in that case having a winger/striker on the flanks is a good idea but it doesnt takeaway the issue that we need an out and out striker up front who can play in that position to make full use of it also begs the question who else could play there on the other side of the formation. Jephcott too unfit and doesnt seem willing to change that or adapt his game from a poacher, Ennis just isnt good enough and Hardie possibly could but he needs the right support and adapt his game to being a lone striker to make it work.

I see schumacher in the paper says there is still money left in the transfer budget for one more player so i gather he knows he needs to address that if he is indeed going (3) defenders (2) wing backs (2) midfielder (2) wide attackers (1) striker

We do need a striker, last season we had problems when our starting 11 lineup was ineffective and we had no clue je who could make a difference, if Its not working with the new winger then stick on a big CF and drop balls on his head. Like I've said before our best 11 was good but that's all we had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turks away Free coms here    Turks away Free coms here  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Turks away Free coms here
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2