seadog
Boy D
Greenskin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 4:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good news i think but can't help remembering Sturrock signing a new contract just before he buggered off to Southampton. Still, let us be uncynical and welcome the news-may all his future extensions be ever longer.
Back to top Go down
Boy D

Boy D

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 4:10 pm

Fantastic news! Won’t stop him being linked to vacancies but we can be a bit more confident now that he will more likely stay and, if he does go, we will get big compo.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 4:39 pm

Get in!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 5:15 pm

Contracts mean nothing nowdays it’s means that’s where the bargaining price starts  ..shrewd move by the board just in case say a massive club like Luton come in for him 😁
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 5:20 pm

He's lucky to still have a job the way we've been playing recently.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 5:22 pm

Great news, until it all goes horribly wrong and the fans want him gone.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 5:41 pm

Good news he deserved an improved contract after the year he has had.  I could point out that the last 2 managers also signed improved contracts and still left inside a year so this does not mean schuey is staying here till 2027 at least. This new deal just means we get a tidy compensation payout when a club comes in and appoints him.

good news all round i say he gets rewarded with a payrise and hopefully increased transfer budgets/backing and we are protected when he wants to move on financially.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 5:49 pm

Boy D wrote:
Fantastic news! Won’t stop him being linked to vacancies but we can be a bit more confident now that he will more likely stay and, if he does go, we will get big compo.

An actual new poster that post's a very rare animal these days, welcome bhey D.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 5:51 pm

As Cheesy says a bit of a double edged sword although Si should he able to get some underfloor heating for his car park if he leaves.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 6:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
As Cheesy says a bit of a double edged sword although Si should he able to get some underfloor heating for his car park if he leaves.
or the compo pays for land deal for parkways old pitches and then he don’t have to touch the 4 mill from his Yankee chums
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 9:34 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
or the compo pays for land deal for parkways old pitches and then he don’t have to touch the 4 mill from his Yankee chums

The interest on that £4m in the bank might generate income for a new loanee though
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 3:13 am

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

The interest on that £4m in the bank might generate income for a new loanee though
but then again I thought we were maxed out on loan deals I can see like for if players are injured but that would still in the budget but only leaves transfer fees to be payed for players weather the board sanction paying transfer fees for a couple of players for let’s say the final promotion push we’re have to see on that one but I for one won’t be holding me breath on that one though
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 8:10 am

As others have alluded to this is just to make sure we get some good compo for Schumacher if he continues Argo's good form and we finish in a higher position than we should with our budget.  I'm sure Hallett doesn't expect him to be here next season unless of course we suddenly hit relegation form for the second half of the season and end up mid-table.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 9:51 am

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

but then again I thought we were maxed out on loan deals I can see like for if players are injured but that would still in the budget but only leaves transfer fees to be payed for players weather the board sanction paying transfer fees for a couple of players for let’s say the final promotion push we’re have to see on that one but I for one won’t be holding me breath on that one though

Think you can have as many loans as you want bur only 5 of them are allowed to be in the matchday squad. I suppose if Finn doesn't make a quick recovery it could be handy or maybe another centre back if Schuey has his doubts about Nigel. Can't remember the last time Argyle paid money in January for a player-Ennis maybe?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 11:22 am

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

good point that is true we have maxed out atm on loan signings.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 2:20 pm

Greenskin wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Think you can have as many loans as you want bur only 5 of them are allowed to be in the matchday squad. I suppose if Finn doesn't make a quick recovery it could be handy or maybe another centre back if Schuey has his doubts about Nigel. Can't remember the last time Argyle paid money in January for a player-Ennis maybe?
nathan blisset I think they payed 15 grand off Torquay though I could be wrong that’s how long ago it was 😁
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 5:33 pm

Heres what I could find on loans although dated 2018,
Clubs are allowed to sign up to eight players on loan but can only select a maximum of five loanees in a match squad.

They can only sign a maximum of four players from a specific club, with only two being over the age of 23.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 10:43 pm

Oh he's extended his Contract.

Read the headline and thought he was getting a bit of building work done.

BTW, anyone know if Trigger is still in the building trade?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 12:19 am

Grovehill wrote:
Oh he's extended his Contract.

Read the headline and thought he was getting a bit of building work done.

BTW, anyone know if Trigger is still in the building trade?

i thought his business went bust the last i heard about him.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 7:38 pm

The Pilgrims have put themselves into a fantastic position - but manager Steven Schumacher insists that there have been no demands placed on him by the Argyle board to go up this season

Very Happy calm down Schuey, there's no rush with the constant five year plan ajd that doesn't start until next year, anyway have a look at the squad and see who we can sell in January."
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 7:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The Pilgrims have put themselves into a fantastic position - but manager Steven Schumacher insists that there have been no demands placed on him by the Argyle board to go up this season

Very Happy calm down Schuey, there's no rush with the constant five year plan ajd that doesn't start until next year, anyway have a look at the squad and see who we can sell in January."

Is this a coded message from Schuey to say he isnt getting backing to sustain a promotion/title challenge and we should accept that now cause honestly wtf who says shit like that its not the be all and end all not to get a promoted when you currently top of the league and have a big gap from 7th in the league.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 8:12 pm

Imagine how Ipswich or Sheff Wed fans would react if McKenna or Moore had said that. Clearly Argo fans are still supposed to just say "at least we still got a team to support" as we nose dive down the division.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 6:11 pm

Mark Hughes has signed an extension also till 2027 today. No doubt for the same reasons as Schuey as no doubt when a club comes in for him he will want to take Mark so he now comes with a compensation package.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension EmptyFri Dec 09, 2022 12:49 pm

Boy D wrote:

Your avatar is the band The Blue Aeroplanes, nice one.

Good outfit, seen them a few times - Fleece and what was The Ashton Court Festival !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Schuey's extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey's extension   Schuey's extension Empty

Back to top Go down

Schuey's extension
Page 1 of 1