Greenskin
Earwegoagain
Czarcasm
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

3rd Groin Op for Pan Empty
PostSubject: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 10:08 am

Just noticed this. Under the knife again.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/panutche-camara-former-plymouth-argyle-7962278

It’s been said before, but what a lucky escape and half a million bonus, we had.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 10:54 am

Czarcasm wrote:

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/panutche-camara-former-plymouth-argyle-7962278

It’s been said before, but what a lucky escape and half a million bonus, we had.

Possibly although he still may be back to score the goal that puts us out of the promotion race. One thing that will never change is that you should never sell your best players to your promotion rivals, ever. Hopefully the injury will save everyone's blushes.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 11:27 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Didn't have such a slice of luck with Miller though
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 12:55 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Didn't have such a slice of luck with Miller though

That’s always going to be a risk if you take a punt on a player with a well documented injury record I guess.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 1:21 pm

What have Millers wages cost us £500,000 ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 3:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

£500k in 6 months? 20k a week. I doubt it, no.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 5:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I think you need to work it out over the length of his contract we won't stop paying him when he's injured. £500 k may he a little strong for Miller but add in another couple of our crocks and that money has gone. The reality is that it went on a down payment on the Goals deal but whatevs you will never convince me that we should sell our best players and definitely not to our main rival.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 6:56 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I think you need to work it out over the length of his contract we won't stop paying him when he's injured. £500 k may he a little strong for Miller but add in another couple of our crocks and that money has gone. The reality is that it went on a down payment on the Goals deal but whatevs you will never convince me that we should sell our best players and definitely not to our main rival.

Ok this is the last time I do this, because I’m literally losing the will to live….

Nobody that I know of wanted Pan to go, either on ATD or in real life. So you attempting to rewrite history is beyond lame.

Schumacher explained the circumstances around how the Ipswich bid came in, with agents getting in his ear and unsettling him - you simply stick your fingers in your ears regarding this, because it poo poo’s your narrative - “Hallett sold Pan”. Repeat ad nauseam.

Argyle offered him an extended improved contract, but he knew, via his agent, Ipswich would pay him a lot more, so he wanted away.

He’s had 3 surgeries on an injury that has in effect ruled him out for virtually the entire season, so it is indisputable that getting £500k for a crock who wanted away has worked out massively in the clubs favour.

Argyle have benefited from the Camara saga, and we’re top of the fcuking league. Your bizarre hatred of Hallet and desperation for him to be a Brent Mk2 points to you being quite a sad bitter angry old man. Cheer up FFS.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 8:46 pm

Ipswich will still be champions with or without Camara
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 8:56 pm

Its not about cameras injury’s all players get injured every now and then it’s about selling your better players to your Rivals that’s what it’s about
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 9:33 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Its not about cameras injury’s all players get injured every now and then  it’s about selling your better players to your Rivals that’s what it’s about

Yes, it's basically still the same old Argo under Hallett. But just making the point Ipswich have the squad strength in depth to withstand losing key players to long term injury.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 11:12 am

I think you are all over complicating things, basically any decision made by Brent was bad, any decision made by Hallett is triffic.
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 11:22 am

Certainly seem to have offloaded him at a good time for our Club
Ipswich fans well bent out of shape on their FB page over his signing
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 1:35 pm

Still plenty of time for him to come good. I still have this recurring nightmare of Pan scoring the goal that puts us out of the auto's.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 2:04 pm

Savageandstrand wrote:
Certainly seem to have offloaded him at a good time for our Club
Ipswich fans well bent out of shape on their FB page over his signing

I don't do FB Herve but the Tractor bheys forum apart from the odd person saying get rid to free up squad space most seem to be of this opinion,

He’ll be one for next season now, for us. Better to get it sorted now, rehabbed and forget this season from his perspective . He’s a classy player that we just need to get fit. Up until his injury I don’t think he was a major injury problem whilst at PAFC
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 11:45 am

RegGreen wrote:
Its not about cameras injury’s all players get injured every now and then  it’s about selling your better players to your Rivals that’s what it’s about

One of our “better” players Reg, which season are you referring too, this season, last season or maybe the one before ?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 6:39 pm

the way i see this he didnt want to stay here for whatever reasons probably wanted more money then the club wanted to pay i dont know we got £500,000 for a guy out of contract this season and was carrying an injury and since he signed for Ipswich he hasnt shrugged off his injury problem meaning its looking like we got a bargain as had he stayed here he would be sat in our treatment room getting a wage waiting for his deal to expiry and leave us for free.

its a shame he didnt want to stay however imho we havent missed him much in the middle and i doubt he would have suited our new shape
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 7:31 pm

Angry wrote:
the way i see this  he didnt want to stay here for whatever reasons probably wanted more money then the club wanted to pay i dont know we got £500,000 for a guy out of contract this season and was carrying an injury and since he signed for Ipswich he hasnt shrugged off his injury problem meaning its looking like we got a bargain as had he stayed here he would be sat in our treatment room getting a wage waiting for his deal to expiry and leave us for free.

its a shame he didnt want to stay however imho we havent missed him much in the middle and i doubt he would have suited our new shape

Angry we haven’t missed him cos he wouldn’t have played for us this season at all and I’m sure if we’d held him to his contract there would be a few posters firing pelters at the club for paying him for doing sod all vice receiving a transfer fee.
SS knew Camara would go and that’s the reason Azaz came in and scored 6 goals in 15 games, more than Camara achieved in 2 seasons with us.
Best bit of transfer business we’ve ever done.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 8:22 pm

Where has anybody fired pelters at the club for a player getting injured? They haven't ever. The club has had grief for signing injured players thats different and Ipswich carried out all due diligence and we wer lucky.
No one will ever convince me selling your best players gets you promoted.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 8:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Where has anybody fired pelters at the club for a player getting injured? They haven't ever. The club has had  grief for signing injured players thats different and Ipswich carried out all due diligence and we wer lucky.

Perhaps you’d best read my posting again, I didn’t write that posters would have a pop at the club because he was injured, but there would have been plenty that would have had a pop if we had held him to his contract and most probably he would never have played for us this season and would have buggered off for nothing at the end o& the season and we had turned down 500k for a crock.
ATD would have had a meltdown.
We’ve got a better replacement than him, albeit a loanee who has scored more goals in 15 appearances than Pan did in 2 seasons, so how would you measure who the better player is ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 9:15 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Where has anybody fired pelters at the club for a player getting injured? They haven't ever. The club has had  grief for signing injured players thats different and Ipswich carried out all due diligence and we wer lucky.

Perhaps you’d best read my posting again, I didn’t write that posters would have a pop at the club because he was injured, but there would have been plenty that would have had a pop if we had held him to his contract and most probably he would never have played for us this season and would have buggered off for nothing at the end o& the season and we had turned down 500k for a crock.
ATD would have had a meltdown.
We’ve got a better replacement  than him, albeit a loanee who has scored more goals in 15 appearances than Pan did in 2 seasons, so how would you measure who the better player is ?

Easy it is Azaz but he is injured so do I go into "meltdown mode" over that? Our problem is that we still do not have enough strength in depth and we are too reliant on loanees, no one knew Pans injury was that bad or they wouldn't have signed him and we didn't need the money, we currently have about £7m sloshing around our accounts without the Yank investment money, take away your wonderful hindsight and you have no argument. Ipswich will still get their moneys worth out of Pan, mark my words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Groin Op for Pan   3rd Groin Op for Pan Empty

Back to top Go down

3rd Groin Op for Pan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: