HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dial FC and the Arse.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Dial FC and the Arse. Empty
PostSubject: Dial FC and the Arse.   Dial FC and the Arse. EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 8:51 am

Great story this which I must say drew a lot of sympathy from myself and all through the story was nodding my head in agreement. Their views on what the premiership and football in general has become really resonate with me. I wish them all the best.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64641090

"Something has happened in the modern elite game that just doesn't sit right with a lot of fans," Morgan says. "There's this feeling in your gut, it's deep inside you, that you know isn't right.

"It's the money. It's the greed. It's the way fans are treated as customers. We're made to feel that the only reason we exist is to spend more money.

"A lot has changed and it's not all for the good. The club badge, the stadium, ticket prices, there seems to be a new kit every other week. It's not the Arsenal I fell in love with.

"So, rather than just mope about it, I decided to do something."

That line really struck a note with me, whilst I am not suggesting that Argyle has become as bad as The Arse or Man City you can't help but feel that this is the model the lower league clubs are following. The point he makes about elitism (further down the article and not quoted) as well really rings true at Argyle with Porky, Daz and De Liar all using their Janner banners to show exactly who the super fans are letting us all know how they spoke to Sighmon, Parky or Dewsnip in the Lizard Lounge, that is a side of football that the "fans" never used to get involved in but now with the internet is becoming the norm.
As a lad I always used to want our season in the premiership, and a small part of me still does however I am sure attracting the Taliban to fund our path to the promised land would leave an awful taste in my mouth and would totally de-value the whole experience.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dial FC and the Arse.   Dial FC and the Arse. EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 1:52 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Great story this which I must say drew a lot of sympathy from myself and all through the story was nodding my head in agreement. Their views on what the premiership and football in general has become really resonate with me. I wish them all the best.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64641090

"Something has happened in the modern elite game that just doesn't sit right with a lot of fans," Morgan says. "There's this feeling in your gut, it's deep inside you, that you know isn't right.

"It's the money. It's the greed. It's the way fans are treated as customers. We're made to feel that the only reason we exist is to spend more money.

"A lot has changed and it's not all for the good. The club badge, the stadium, ticket prices, there seems to be a new kit every other week. It's not the Arsenal I fell in love with.

"So, rather than just mope about it, I decided to do something."

That line really struck a note with me, whilst I am not suggesting that Argyle has become as bad as The Arse or Man City you can't help but feel that this is the model the lower league clubs are following. The point he makes about elitism (further down the article and not quoted) as well really rings true at Argyle with Porky, Daz and De Liar all using their Janner banners to show exactly who the super fans are letting us all know how they spoke to Sighmon, Parky or Dewsnip in the Lizard Lounge, that is a side of football that the "fans" never used to get involved in but now with the internet is becoming the norm.
As a lad I always used to want our season in the premiership, and a small part of me still does however I am sure attracting the Taliban to fund our path to the promised land would leave an awful taste in my mouth and would totally de-value the whole experience.
👏👏👏 good luck to em ..the elite clubs chairman of the elite clubs greed of the time specially David Dein of Arsenal & Sugar at spurs were the main protagonists of the time Arsenal didn’t have to move either they could have re built on the north bank & clockend pure greedy and sugar at spurs gets to the deal to supply the sky dishes as well ..talk about alterior motives for pure greed
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Dial FC and the Arse.   Dial FC and the Arse. EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 8:07 am

And the Glazers may be replaced by a Qatari Sheik, I am sure he will fulfill the fit and proper person test after all Brent did.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Dial FC and the Arse.   Dial FC and the Arse. EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 1:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
And the Glazers may be replaced by a Qatari Sheik, I am sure he will fulfill the fit and proper person test after all Brent did.
Jimmy passed the argo test, The cornish weidro looked him straight in the eye, and declared this man will give us six years of lovely jubbley fourth divison football on the bounce cheers cheers cheers flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dial FC and the Arse.   Dial FC and the Arse. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dial FC and the Arse.
Page 1 of 1