John Eustace Sacked

Go down 
+2
Angry
Greenskin
6 posters
AuthorMessage

John Eustace Sacked  Empty
PostSubject: John Eustace Sacked    John Eustace Sacked  EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 11:53 am

A rather strange decision by the hierarchy at Birmingham City given the job Eustace has done at the club, however, they do have previous getting rid of Gary Rowett for a higher profile appointment in Zola which has to go down as one of the worst appointments in Championship history.
Wayne Rooney seems set for the gig with Eustace now free to possibly takeover at Rangers I suppose.
It’s a funny old game…
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-birmingham-wayne-rooney-eustace-31140704
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: John Eustace Sacked    John Eustace Sacked  EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 2:36 pm

Could backfire in a big way if the fans react against the decision. Makes you wonder what the real motivating factor is because it can't be for purely football reasons. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: John Eustace Sacked    John Eustace Sacked  EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 3:08 pm

crazy considering the job has done there and in difficult circumstances last season. Rooney didnt exactly pull up any trees in the MLS after his one season managing Derby so this could prove to be costly mistake or stroke of genius by Birmingham.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Eustace Sacked    John Eustace Sacked  EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 4:00 pm

I knew the Yank’s might go for a bigger name considering the amount of dollar they’ve already ploughed into both the playing squad and stadium refurbishment.
Ian Danter ( Dants @TalkSport ) has called the decision out as a sense of deja vu, an obvious link to the Zola appointment.
Rooney is a big name with a profile in the states, however, his managerial record isn’t particularly impressive, a winning % of less than 30%.
Talk of him bringing in Ashley Cole and John O’Shea as his assistants, it’s all a bit novice(y), you would think he would go for an elder statesman with experience of the Championship acting as a DOF/Assistant, Steve Bruce would’ve been a good call, knows the City, the Club and the League.
Time will tell….
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: John Eustace Sacked    John Eustace Sacked  EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 8:22 pm

Eustice has done a massive job at city in the last 15 months at city
They might live to regret that plus city fans DONT Seem to be happy with his pending appointment..I get it the yanks wanna big face I get that but his not the answer probably take em back to the arse end of no where and undo eustice last 15 months getting out of that position to where they are now
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: John Eustace Sacked    John Eustace Sacked  EmptyWed Oct 11, 2023 10:27 pm

Seems a strange decision to part company with Eustace and a bizarre decision to offer it to Rooney. Doubt it’ll work out tbh
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: John Eustace Sacked    John Eustace Sacked  EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 10:01 am

John Eustace is a well respected manager and I feel will be sort after and end up at a club that will treat him with more respect.

An owner who just chases a big name just for the razzmatazz that it brings will one day walk away when times get hard.

Birmingham where making steady progress under Eustace and that will be recognized amongst genuine club owners.

Rooney will never be a good manager as he was a player......but can you blame him for not holding up his hand and admitting that.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: John Eustace Sacked    John Eustace Sacked  EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 10:40 am

zyph wrote:
John Eustace is a well respected manager and I feel will be sort after and end up at a club that will treat him with more respect.

Aye, the sought raised eyebrow of manager that could end up at millwall I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: John Eustace Sacked    John Eustace Sacked  EmptyThu Oct 19, 2023 12:04 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
zyph wrote:

Aye, the sought raised eyebrow  of manager that could end up at millwall I reckon.

wouldn't be a bad choice for them. Another puzzling sacking when they aren't doing to bad in the league. shows how ruthless this league is i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Eustace Sacked    John Eustace Sacked  Empty

Back to top Go down

John Eustace Sacked
Page 1 of 1