+2
zyph
seadog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

Religion, the root of all evil? Empty
PostSubject: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 1:37 am

I firmly believe that religion is just a human invention to control the dim and steal money from the poor.

Anybody here believe in a god or entity controlling the earth?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 8:29 am

Yes I do.....did the wonder of nature just happen by itself ?

Did each dawning day and setting evening just happen by chance ?

Did you seadog and your ancestors just develop from an ape.....to me that seems far to ridicules than believing in a creator.

It is mankind/humankind that has made the mess that this world as become.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 9:08 am

Do you believe Dinosaurs existed?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 9:44 am

Why not ?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 10:01 am

Not much mention of them in the bible.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 10:06 am

If there was one ‘God’, that everyone could kinda accept was the top guy, it’d be more plausible.

But the fact the world is full of factions proclaiming “my God is greater than your God” etc…weakens the argument a tad.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 10:13 am

Could be argued that human interpretation or exploitation of religion is the root of some evil. There would also be a myriad of other factors such as money, territorial tribalism and maybe even that some people are just born evil. No idea if there's a God or not-would doubt it personally but then our existence, even if accepting the scientific explanation, is so weird and unlikely that even rationality goes out of the window.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 10:17 am

Just look around you at nature....did that just happen....or was it created.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 10:36 am

Created by evolution, destroyed by man.

If I created a whole world I could not sit back and let a few greedy apes destroy it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 12:40 pm

I also think if there were a higher being overlooking everything, then on balance, bad shit would (or should) only happen to bad people.

But it don’t.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 4:30 pm

If it wernt for religion there be less wars going on in this world
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 3:10 am

Religion, devoted to dividing and causing unrest whilst simultaneously stealing from it's victims, sounds like the tories.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 10:37 pm

seadog wrote:
Religion, devoted to dividing and causing unrest whilst simultaneously stealing from it's victims, sounds like the tories.

Tories? 'Twas a long time ago but I recall you being most upset when I reminded you that Gordy broon liberated £5.4bn annually from yours and mine pension schemes which would cost the country's savers at least £100bn.

As for religion: a close friend who's one of three brothers that own an Indian restaurant where I live, was only saying recently that Allah, Jehovah/Yahweh or your God are all claimed to be the 'One True God' which must really irritate that one true deity in his heaven that his people while acknowledging his singular existence cannot co exist themselves.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 10:43 pm

Find the post where I supported Gordy Broon, pension thief, and I will pay you £1000.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:22 pm

seadog wrote:
Find the post where I supported Gordy Broon, pension thief, and I will pay you £1000.

I never said you did. On replying to my post you sounded most unhappy with the raid on your pension pot.

You might like to read about on these pages: Gordon brown stole money from your pension fund.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 11:34 pm

I know he did, he's a twat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion, the root of all evil?   Religion, the root of all evil? Empty

Back to top Go down

Religion, the root of all evil?
Page 1 of 1